Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 08:57 PM

32,968 posts, read 36,464,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Never tried it- don't go to Starbucks but my wife did just make 4 dozen lavender cookies and they are delish!
I'll bet that they are. Many years ago I made lavender creme brulee. When I grew it, I had lavender infused sugar just waiting for a reason to use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2024, 09:22 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,738,307 times
I grow my own lavender and sometimes use it on food. But mostly I grow it for the pretty flower and the scent. The butterflies and bees love it.

I have tried the Starbucks lavender creme Frap. It was pretty good. I liked the pistachio one better, but the lavender was also pretty good. The calories really aren't terrible if you get a smaller size and have it instead of a snack. I've had 2 of them and that's my quota for this year's run. I don't think there is any lavender coffee or tea at Starbucks unless there is something with oatmilk. Yuck. I don't like regular coffee. Actually, I detest it. However, I do like lattes since it's mostly milk with just a shot of espresso. Espresso in Europe tastes different and it's not bad.

Old 04-07-2024, 01:42 PM

3,865 posts, read 1,804,012 times
I tried a sample of the lavender matcha drink and it was terrible, would never order it. I also tried the iced oatmilk lavender drink and it was drinkable, but disappointing.

Imo, their best drinks: chai with one shot of decaf espresso, iced black tea with one packet of raw sugar( no syrup), decaf peppermint mocha w/half the pumps of mocha.

Old 04-07-2024, 04:27 PM

12,792 posts, read 15,034,943 times
I was out & about & on the way home, got another one! THis is my 2nd one a week later.

Old 04-11-2024, 10:38 AM

12,792 posts, read 15,034,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I was out & about & on the way home, got another one! THis is my 2nd one a week later.

I wasn't able to drink it right away when I got it, so when that happens, it dfoesn't taste as good. I threw most of it away. Probably won't get it again for a long time if at all.

Old 04-11-2024, 11:07 AM

22,874 posts, read 6,450,102 times
Never tried it, what does it taste like that’s bad?

Old 04-11-2024, 11:24 AM

4,064 posts, read 2,151,434 times
I like lavender, and liked the lavender coffee as a one time treat. But…the barista was clueless about the new drink. I asked how many pumps of syrup were in it, thinking I would ask for less pumps. The barista replied there was no syrup because lavender itself was sweet. Okay, that didn’t seem right to me, but I didn’t argue. Later I looked it up. True, no syrup. They use a powder whose first ingredient was sugar. So…..not true that sweetener isn’t used. Since my goal was obviously to lessen the sweetness for taste or personal preference reasons, it’s disappointing that the barista didn’t give me a better answer.

Old 04-11-2024, 05:48 PM

12,574 posts, read 9,665,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
No, it's not just a lavender color from it being the taro flavor. It's the actual floral lavender flavor. I just had to try their Lavender Crème Frappuccino® blended beverage yesterday and it's unique & I like it, but I do like an actual taro smoothie better (which also is a lavender-colored drink).

https://www.starbucks.com/menu/featured/
I always get some kind of plain hot coffee or plain iced coffee at cafe's, I might have a shot of espresso thrown in, but that's still just coffee on coffee really :-). However, I might try a coffee drink with lavender - I am sure it will be an experience... I gotta say that Lavender Crème Frappuccino and Lavender Oatmilk Chill both look pretty tasty... thanks for bringing this up.

Old 04-11-2024, 06:02 PM

12,574 posts, read 9,665,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
My wife grows herbs and mixes up something called herbs de provence. It's AMAZING on venison and duck breasts. It's one of my favorite rubs for game. That and a spiced coffee rub.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/22...s-de-provence/
I buy it, but I always keep some quality herbs de provence at home - a classic blend that can enhance eggs, vegetables, chicken, or fish, even pork. It has a whole palette of herbs in it, so when you use it, you don't need much else, maybe just a bit of salt or garlic.

Old Today, 12:58 PM

50,407 posts, read 64,141,570 times
DD had the Lavender and Oat milk drink and she didn’t like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink