Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2024, 07:22 PM

24,769 posts, read 11,091,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
This isn't going to make your cardiologist happy, but an air fryer does a spectacular job of reheating a Bloomin' Onion from Outback. I have no interest in finishing one at Outback, so I'll have a few bites and bring the rest home.
You had to refresh my memory:>)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2024, 01:31 PM

5,887 posts, read 2,998,184 times
Soft boiled eggs, 8 min at 280.

Old 01-29-2024, 01:24 AM

20,786 posts, read 4,505,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Greetings all.

Apologies if this has been covered, but I wondered if people would like to share their experiences with cooking with air fryers.

We acquired one a couple of days ago, and have been very impressed with it. We have cooked chicken with onions and peppers with cumin, and just now I had lamb cutlets with Dauphinoise potato and baby tomatoes. Yum.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Hard Boiled Eggs
Cheese steak Sandwich
Hotdogs / Sausages
Fruit Pies
Pot Pies
Whole Chickens
Turkey Breast
Stuffed Peppers
Meatballs
Meatloaf........

Just do a search for a dish your interested in trying on Youtube. You will find many videos to check out.
Many tips & tricks to check out.

Old 01-29-2024, 09:56 AM

16,701 posts, read 17,476,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
Hard Boiled Eggs
Cheese steak Sandwich
Hotdogs / Sausages
Fruit Pies
Pot Pies
Whole Chickens
Turkey Breast
Stuffed Peppers
Meatballs
Meatloaf........

Just do a search for a dish your interested in trying on Youtube. You will find many videos to check out.
Many tips & tricks to check out.
Many thanks, and thank you for the other ideas posters.

Old 01-30-2024, 12:32 PM

104 posts, read 66,200 times
A thought I've had, not related to air fryer recipes, is with the product name. Google started presenting me ads related to air fryers, which I ignored, thinking, "I don't need/want a fryer!".

Naive, yes - I didn't think of air fryers simply as a small oven. I thought it was just my own bias/idiocy, but in conversations with other retirees, I found that some of them looked upon air fryers the same way. Some are wedded to their full-size ovens ("'cause that's the way they've done it for decades"), not realizing that for solo/small portion meals, air fryers IMHO are much, much handier - not to mention likely more energy efficient.

I hardly ever used/use my full-size oven, but have ventured fairly far (for me) with my new-found, dual-tray thermometer-equipped air fryer. I wish they were available decades ago - the adult easy-bake oven. Broiled chicken breasts, beef filets, and baked potatoes for now - perhaps small portion quick bread in the future.

I'm new to prepping chicken, so the following will be no real revelation to most here. I buy value pak skinless chicken breasts, portion them out into Tupperware containers, wet them with olive oil, cover them with Montreal and like seasonings, and freeze them till needed. One by one they're moved into the refrigerator a day or so before needed, then either combined with microwaved green beans or mixed into a Fresh Express Ceasar salad kit. This works great for solo-me, portion-control-wise.

Via the thermometer, prepping meats is particularly easy, and allows for dual-tray meals with different times and temperatures - all finished at the same time. Gone is babysitting the outside grill.

I wish my air fryer had a mid-prep flip reminder - instead, I use two wind-up mechanical timers. For quicker cleanup, I use neoprene liners and metal grills - which, along with the trays, go in the dishwasher now and then. In between wash cleanings, I pour out any excess drippings/fat into old coffee cans.

Last edited by ncwheeling; 01-30-2024 at 01:55 PM..

Old 01-31-2024, 11:01 AM

16,701 posts, read 17,476,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncwheeling View Post
A thought I've had, not related to air fryer recipes, is with the product name. Google started presenting me ads related to air fryers, which I ignored, thinking, "I don't need/want a fryer!".

Naive, yes - I didn't think of air fryers simply as a small oven. I thought it was just my own bias/idiocy, but in conversations with other retirees, I found that some of them looked upon air fryers the same way. Some are wedded to their full-size ovens ("'cause that's the way they've done it for decades"), not realizing that for solo/small portion meals, air fryers IMHO are much, much handier - not to mention likely more energy efficient.

I hardly ever used/use my full-size oven, but have ventured fairly far (for me) with my new-found, dual-tray thermometer-equipped air fryer. I wish they were available decades ago - the adult easy-bake oven. Broiled chicken breasts, beef filets, and baked potatoes for now - perhaps small portion quick bread in the future.

I'm new to prepping chicken, so the following will be no real revelation to most here. I buy value pak skinless chicken breasts, portion them out into Tupperware containers, wet them with olive oil, cover them with Montreal and like seasonings, and freeze them till needed. One by one they're moved into the refrigerator a day or so before needed, then either combined with microwaved green beans or mixed into a Fresh Express Ceasar salad kit. This works great for solo-me, portion-control-wise.

Via the thermometer, prepping meats is particularly easy, and allows for dual-tray meals with different times and temperatures - all finished at the same time. Gone is babysitting the outside grill.

I wish my air fryer had a mid-prep flip reminder - instead, I use two wind-up mechanical timers. For quicker cleanup, I use neoprene liners and metal grills - which, along with the trays, go in the dishwasher now and then. In between wash cleanings, I pour out any excess drippings/fat into old coffee cans.
Great post- totally agree. Thanks.

Old 02-01-2024, 12:52 AM

20,786 posts, read 4,505,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncwheeling View Post
There are some air fryers that do. ex:

https://powerxlproducts.com/products..._air_fryer_6qt

I use my microwave timer for my halfway flip reminder for my air fryer & conventional oven.

Old 02-01-2024, 03:31 AM

37 posts, read 24,162 times
Those meals you made in the air fryer sound delicious!

I'll have to give zucchini and lamb cutlets a try this weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink