Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 11:42 PM

56 posts, read 412,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
The point being made about the "god given right" to travel, where no commerce is involved is supposedly correct. This is common law. Was that way for quite awhile.
Right. But the law doesn't say "right to travel by automobile". There were no automobiles when the Constitution was written. You have the right to travel anywhere your two feet will take you. The moment you plop your tired azz in a motor vehicle, you open yourself up to bucketloads of State, Federal and even International regulations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 12:57 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times
No, but then you are getting into legal defs, laws etc.. as was stated. A god given right to travel doesn't necessarily become waived due to the method. Your interpretation is just that. He seemed to be referring to god given rights vs contracts & privileges.

For example, FL is basically coercing people into waiving their const rights w/ their current "real id" policy.

Ultimately, it comes down to what the bigger bully can get away with, that is ultimately what becomes the so-called law in practice. Just like the Rocket Docket etc...

Old 05-29-2012, 12:07 PM

16 posts, read 58,105 times
I have a title lien from an old title loan pawn n under the new fl law..I can't get renewals for NONE of my vehicles. Don't have money to pay off loan either. Is there anything that can be done? I feel this is unconstitutional . I'm not disputing I owe the money but why does it affect my other two cars in which I didn't even own when this pawn was made. Since when did the state of Florida become a debt collector? And they don't even benefit from this. It's hurts them more than anything. They have to wait on their money till u pay these crooks..plus..they don't even allow these title loan people to practine in the state of Florida..apparently they felt they are crooks too. Why? Any suggestions?

Old 05-29-2012, 08:47 PM

515 posts, read 1,348,622 times
You can either give up the vehicle that was used to secure the title loan or else come to a payment agreement with the lender that will satisfy them. What they did is called a registration block, and this can only be done if there has been a repossession order. So obviously the lender has already filed the proper paperwork to repossess your vehicle, but they haven't been able to actually repossess the vehicle for one reason or another (most likely because you're trying to hide it from them). They cannot put a registration block on your DHSMV record without a repossession being ordered.

There's no other way to get this removed from your record, and the reason that this is done is to make things difficult for people who have active orders of repossession on their property but are trying to avoid actually having the property repossessed. The registration block will remain on your record until the loan is satisfied one way or another.

Also, title loans are not illegal. They are regulated under the Florida Statutes.
http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/...0?OpenDocument

Old 05-29-2012, 10:51 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,140,057 times
What if you have a vehicle that is not running and I'm not sure whether to fix it or sell it to the junkyard? The registration has been expired for around 6 months now, it is insured, I don't drive it and just keep it behind the fence in the backyard. Can I have my license suspended or jailed if I'm driving in my other fully legal car and get pulled over?

Is there any website I can check the status of my license?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:03 AM

168 posts, read 394,904 times
This happened to me two weeks ago actually; I just got a warning but would have gotten a ticket if I had been pulled over in June without not having taken care of this. I have never heard of a car being impounded for this but...I have a very very clean record so maybe with someone with not so clean a record it would be different. (We can do tag updates by mail so they new tag/sticker arrives in two weeks)

Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 PM

2 posts, read 9,932 times
Appreciate the clarification too.

Just got pulled over the other day taking dogs to vet while heading to airport. Worst part about it, other than spotless record - it wasn't even my car; was passengers car. And to make matters worse, my wallet was in the trunk with all the stuff going to to vet. Policeman asked name, but never ever asked to see my drivers license. I told him twice it was in the trunk if he wanted to get it or have me get it, but he never saw my license - yet he wrote me the citation for expired license. Began to wonder about that part after I left - I guess I could have been anyone as long as I knew birthdate & address, I could have given out a friends information. Really didn't make me feel confident. As I said - I have had a spotless record for 30+ years, no wrecks, no speeding, no warnings. I am that driver on the road that makes the speedsters mad because I abide by the rules. Makes me very uncomfortable now knowing that a police officer could write a ticket for someone without every seeing their drivers license. My friend is planning to pay for the ticket since it was their car I was driving, but still upsets me since I take the law seriously. I tried looking online to see if any points would be put on my record. Had difficulties trying to determine that on state/county website. I appreciate clarification.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:00 PM

2 posts, read 9,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Thanks for clarifying that Officer . Obviously, its always good to be on the right side of The Law (and the LEO pulling you over....) . By the way, are many people talking their way out of tickets these days with LEO's for moving violations like in the olden days ?
Appreciate the clarification too.

Just got pulled over the other day taking dogs to vet while heading to airport. Worst part about it, other than spotless record - it wasn't even my car; was passengers car. And to make matters worse, my wallet was in the trunk with all the stuff going to to vet. Policeman asked name, but never ever asked to see my drivers license. I told him twice it was in the trunk if he wanted to get it or have me get it, but he never saw my license - yet he wrote me the citation for expired license. Began to wonder about that part after I left - I guess I could have been anyone as long as I knew birthdate & address, I could have given out a friends information. Really didn't make me feel confident. As I said - I have had a spotless record for 30+ years, no wrecks, no speeding, no warnings. I am that driver on the road that makes the speedsters mad because I abide by the rules. Makes me very uncomfortable now knowing that a police officer could write a ticket for someone without every seeing their drivers license. My friend is planning to pay for the ticket since it was their car I was driving, but still upsets me since I take the law seriously. I tried looking online to see if any points would be put on my record. Had difficulties trying to determine that on state/county website. I appreciate clarification.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:46 AM

4 posts, read 17,661 times
well, of course, I understand. The question here is not the fine itself, but how it is named online and what it says on my ticket. I make a big difference between "NO TAG" and "EXPIRED TAG"! Mine was an expired tag less than 60 days. First time ever. Now nobody can tell me that an expired tag is $125 and handled equally to a no tag. I don't believe in Miami Dade there is no difference between these 2 expressions???

Old 06-12-2013, 05:55 AM

4 posts, read 17,661 times
ok, I had an expired tag less than 60 days, and the fine online shows up as no tag???
$125 for a no tag when I have the ticket saying expired tag. I make a big difference between driving with no tag and expired tag and common sense tells me that my fine should be less. I emailed to get the right amount for this fine and never got the answer. I do have a problem paying for no tag when it was not a no tag fine !!!! Does anybody knows where I can get the info how much is charged for an expired tag in Miami Dade county?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida