Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 07:51 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine State View Post
omg, Sunrico, that poor pregnant gal, wow, how sick, if the shark had bit her any higher, it could have chewed on her baby, what a narrow escape, I saw a bull shark in a river once, I had nightmares about it for a long time... Im a Corona with lime gal myself, lol...but I found the Landshark site...Cheers!...

Landshark beer:
http://www.landsharklager.com/AgeGate.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fdefault.aspx (broken link)
The Landshark is available all over the place, will try next weekend....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 10:46 AM

10 posts, read 266,282 times
We Are Leaving June 15th. Are The Sharks Bad This Time Of Year???

Old 04-13-2007, 07:50 PM

3 posts, read 41,141 times
Default sharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fehr4jesus View Post
Hello,
I Am Writing Because I Am Wondering About How Bad Are Sharks In Destin??? We Are Staying At The Holiday Surf & Racquet Club. Should I Be Worried?WE Have Kids So Thats Why I Am Really Concerned.also Do They Have A Sand Bar?? Thanks.

You don't think that sharks are around much because you don't see them much..but they are here. bullsharks..nurse sharks..who knows what else. However, you should still come and enjoy this place! Think safe and don't be paddling off out to the sand bars..at least not the second one! If the water is murky looking and you can't see well..DONT GO IN! Pay attention to our flags..they are there for a reason. This is with any beach..there are going to be sharks..but I will say that they aren't here like they are in places like Gulf Shores...I will NEVER go back into that water....ppl were playing and splashing around in the water unknowingly while they were being swam around by thirteen or so sharks....(we could see them from the condo up high but nobody saw them in the water...amazing..and scarey!!) This place has so much to offer..and when the water is clear..you can see everything!! and only venture into the water then...and if you see a big shadow, haul ass..I have been here in the area for three years..and have seen five or so..anytime someone has been attacked by them here is because they were being foolish..and going into the murky water...and way further out than they should..this is the sharks home afterall not ours. :O) There are really great places to go...let me know if you want more information or pics!

Old 04-13-2007, 08:05 PM

157 posts, read 854,610 times
like macguy says, take a ride in a helicoptor or plane and you'll see plenty near enough to the shore. I wouldn't want to wander too far out, though admittedly there aren't that many attacks.

Old 06-30-2007, 06:56 PM

10 posts, read 266,282 times
Default I Was Worried For Nothing...

Hello Everyone,
I Had Posted An Intrest About Shark Or Shark Attacks Because We Were Going To Destin For Our Vacation .well We Are All Ok.we Came Home All In One Piece .thanks To God..we Had A Blast Matter Of Fact I Already Made Reservations For Next Year..lol. I Just Wanted To Come And Post On Here That The Sharks Were Not Any Where To Be Seen.thanks For All Of Your Posts..

Old 06-30-2007, 07:06 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
See below:

View of the beach where, according to newspaper articles, an Austrian visitor was swimming when bitten on the ankle by a shark during the summer of 2005. Note how close it is to Boca Pass, well known for its high population of sharks. Not a good place to swim, particularly if you are in more than knee-deep. Not to mention the swift currents.

The picture with the surfer is a dolphin not a shark.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:14 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
Your right, the backside of the fin indicates a dolphin...

I had a friend who was a lifeguard at the beaches of Volusia county...the backside of the fun of a shark is straight, not curved like that.

I always make a a point to sit near the lifeguard when we go to the beach, I also always bring a set of binoculars so I can see into the distance.

I agree with the comment about being more affraid of being bitten by a gator...we often go to the beach but nothing would entice me into a lake or river in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: