Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 12:19 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,660,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i read the article what is your point. he pointed an assault rifle at the officer.
i am sorry friend i dont understand your post at all.
tell me what is appropriate police action, is there such a thing?
next time you are attacked by a gang banger call a social worker ok?
I couldn't have put it better. If all 50 states cracked down on crackpots the country would be a lot safer....Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 06:02 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,540,623 times
Cuba Libre,

You responded to my post in a rational, respectful manner. I appreciate that.
I can only base my opinion on the one link you kindly provided.....if you read other articles that shed a different light on this situation, that is info we are not privy to.

While I'm pretty sure we would not agree on this situation, (the pointing a gun at an officer swayed me) I honestly cannot comment on the south Florida police situation because I do not live there and have no experience in South Florida. I will leave that to others. From watching COPS and Miami vice from years ago, it seems the police are busy down there.

I must remind ALL posters here. Debate viewpoints BUT DO NOT attack the poster. I will not allow name calling, etc. It is a violation of the TOS. Post respectfully or risk infractions.

Frank D.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:00 AM

11 posts, read 48,537 times
My husband is a law enforcement officer and a former state law enforcement officer from Monroe County. I am sure you wouldn't have the same feelings if it was your husband that was faced with an armed man.
When you are a LEO you act first and think later, it could have been those officers that put their lives on the line with a bullet wound and frankly part of the problem is that criminals have far more rights than a LEO. Which in my opinion is pretty sad. My husband puts his life on the line everyday and I can promise you he is probally your best friend when you call on him for something that you need, however the minute you look in your rear view mirror and see his lights on you hate him.
I am not saying that there isn't some bad cops out there, I know for a fact there is but like the saying goes: "a few bad apples ruin the whole bunch"

Old 03-13-2009, 09:02 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,137,302 times
Bottom line is the original poster didn't read his article very carefully, or read it with a very jaundiced eye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida