Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 04:35 PM

147 posts, read 696,508 times

Advertisements

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear - I'm a "Senior Member" now with that LAST post.

And I'm really TOO YOUNG to be a senior.

I'm ONLY 64 YEARS OLD - I WON'T BE 65 TILL THIS NOVEMBER.

I thought 65 was the retirement age!!!

I thought only qualifying for social security and medicare made me a SENIOR!!

The only one older than me, that I know, on these boards, is PSLOldTimer, at the age of 66. Is there anyone older??? 70's, 80's - come on, I know you are lurking!!!!

My age should go in "the three things you don't know about me..." thread.

Am I the OLDEST WOMAN???? I'm so proud of my age because of the other "two things" you don't know about me... Someday I'll post on that thread and clue you in on the other two, and someday I'll even post my picture on the "self-pics" thread. (Oh good, now Judlea's got you all wondering (just like NAH has you all wondering!!!) LOL

But now that you do know, now that my "secret" is out in the open, and now that my "ergonomic break reminder" just popped up..., this time I WILL OBEY MY COMPUTER!!!

Judlea is officially on a break for a while. Feel free to post (move about the county, get up, stretch, do whatever) LOL

Doing my check.... Thanks CarolynB We agree!!!

BBL
Judlea

Old 03-21-2007, 07:03 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Judlea you even posted the tourist map! You are amazing. How can you be so organized? Great pics!!

I went to St. Augustine once, about 2 yrs ago. It is a really nice place. I loved it, from a "tourist" point of view. I think I would like it to live also but don't know enough about it - except for that fort and the shops and horse drawn carriages right along that main strip. I can not, for the life of me, remember the name now!

Old 03-21-2007, 08:15 PM

Default St. Augustine - Intermission - LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Judlea you even posted the tourist map! You are amazing. How can you be so organized? Great pics!!

I went to St. Augustine once, about 2 yrs ago. It is a really nice place. I loved it, from a "tourist" point of view. I think I would like it to live also but don't know enough about it - except for that fort and the shops and horse drawn carriages right along that main strip. I can not, for the life of me, remember the name now!
I just came back to post more pics. My pictures are not at all organized on my computer, and that's a real problem; but in Photobucket I can organize all my pictures into sub albums.

Right now I have 35 sub albums!!! And I'm adding more albums and pictures every day. It's a "private" album, so only my personal family and friends have total access, but I can share all the pictures I want here.

Here's how I post my own pictures :

I use the IE browser that uses "Tabs" - that way I can have both Photobucket and City-Data open at the same time. I have my albums titled: Dolphin/Sunset Cruise; EastCoast St.Augustine, EastCoast Space Center; ExpresstoKeyWest, Lovers Key, Sanibel Canoeing, Sanibel Causeway, Sanibel Island. I have Naples the same way - according to the visit or attraction.

I open the particular album I want to share. Right now, I have EastCoast St. Augustine open. I copy the IMG code from each picture individually. Then I open the tab for City-Data and paste that code into my message. I do that about 8 to 12 times.

Sometimes I put a caption above the picture and sometimes, I don't. You can really copy and paste quickly when you don't put captions, but, of course, I always like to try and HAVE FUN...

I found I don't have to use the paperclip or the insert image listed in the tools, and that makes it even faster... But I always use the "Go Advanced" option.

I really use "Tabs" a lot...

However, having too many tabs open at once is risky. Once I was in the middle of copying and pasting a part of my "Dolphin/Sunset" post and I accidently closed THAT TAB - the tab I was using for my REPLY was GONE. All the work I had done was LOST AND GONE. I had to start all over!!!!

Another "hint" or "tip" is: you can scroll down BELOW your own reply screen - the one you are typing in - and see who else has posted since you started your own reply.

I always use "Preview Post" and then I scroll down to see who else has posted before I "Submit Reply."

My PROBLEM is I'm too much of a perfectionist - I'm "Previewing" my posts constantly to make them better... editing here and there!!! I don't like to come back just to "edit" a post.

If you have any questions about the above be sure and let me know.

Good Night All - Past my bedtime.

Judlea

Old 03-22-2007, 07:27 AM

131 posts, read 1,034,581 times
Thanks for posting the pictures of Castillo de San Marcos. That's one of my favorite places to visit whenever I'm in St. Augustine.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:29 AM

495 posts, read 2,329,077 times
Inland Florida has some nice spots too. This is around Orange Lake in Marion County

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3826/dsc01535sc7.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-22-2007, 10:07 AM

27 posts, read 166,348 times
Love all the pictures! Here's one I took out by the canal behind my house a couple weeks ago... I really need to practice getting really good shots of sunrise and sunset. The colors the sky turns coupled with the 'poofy' (lol) clouds reminds me of paintings by Maxfield Parrish.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:40 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Thanks for the photos, folks. As usual, very enticing. Judlea, I was thinking we could start out at Frank's place, move on down to yours, then mine. Make it our own little Magical Mystery Tour. Whadya think???

Old 03-22-2007, 10:50 AM

460 posts, read 2,344,413 times
Bravo!! Wonderful Pics!! And I loved the Palm trees too! :P

Old 03-22-2007, 11:03 AM

Default 10 Minute Lunch Break

On my quick lunch break.

Guys... I haven't finished with the St. Augustine Tour yet... I have at least 60 pictures to go!!!!

Thanks for ALL the ADDITIONAL pictures!!!!

Judlea

Old 03-22-2007, 01:30 PM

356 posts, read 1,269,084 times
we are looking to move out of Florida. These pictures are making it harder than it alread is!

here are some that I took on the intercostal here in hollywood of some birds.

here is a blue bird that I have never seen before

here is another

I think this a hawk. they sky is so clear it looks fake

this is at a sandbar in miami

Last edited by belladee; 03-22-2007 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: pictures didnt post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida