Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 12:44 PM

460 posts, read 2,344,413 times

Advertisements

Love The Pics!! These Are Gorgeous!!!

Old 03-19-2007, 02:09 PM

147 posts, read 696,508 times
Default Dolphin/Sunset Cruise - Part II

Buildings in the distance, there, behind the island, means we are in the Gulf

Channel Markers - beautiful sky, beautiful water

More beautiful ocean & sky -dramatic (but we came to see dolphins!!)

Big Black Cloud looming large overhead

Bird Nesting on Channel Marker

Another beautiful scenery picture

Birds, but still no dolphins But the sky is clearing!!!

By now I've pretty much decided I will get some good, but not great, bird and scenery pictures

I was really primed, pumped, and ready to see some DOLPHINS - (aren't you?? lol) But that WAS our cruise and how EVERYONE felt - Great Expectations mixed with SO many disappointments because of the weather, the time elapsing from the beginning of the cruise, situations, circumstances, etc., etc. Everyone was looking EVERYWHERE for dolphins. Meanwhile, the Captain and his crew were feeding us, wonderful food, and keeping us entertained.

But I won't keep you waiting...

Part III is coming right up

Oh WAIT, but you WILL HAVE to wait until I get the next set of pictures, with all the captions, loaded into this thread!!! The GOOD STUFF IS IN THE NEXT PART though. I promise... Hmmm, is that like saying, "The check is in the mail?"

Judlea

Old 03-19-2007, 03:14 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Great photos!!

Old 03-19-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Dolphin/Sunset Cruise - Part III

A disturbance in the water That might mean dolphins... otherwise this picture would seem pretty lame...

A SPLASH - A splash is even better than a ripple!!!

Two black dots - That's even better than a ripple and a splash.

Is that a fin in the water? You gotta look hard to spot it!!!

OMG, THE DOLPHINS ARE SWIMMING WITH THE BOAT - I WAS THERE, I GOT TO SEE IT - And you get to see it too because I took the pictures

WILD DOLPHINS were running with the boat - and I was snapping pictures as fast as my camera would take them!!!

And yes, now everyone on the boat knew where the dolphins were - they were EVERYWHERE around that boat - playing in the surf and wake on every side - front, back, and both sides.

I was just so glad I was in the VERY FRONT of that boat and could look right down on them. Having a WILD DOLPHIN look you right in the eye is a VERY COOL experience.

More great pictures coming, but now not so much commentary, LOL

Judlea

Old 03-19-2007, 03:50 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times
THANK YOU !!!

You made my 8 year old cry.... with happiness of course....

We are taking her to Sea World soon to swim with them.

My family all were here when we scrolled down your post, I told them something good is coming....

My wife about started to cry, she said " Why are we still in Ohio? "

Unbelievable pictures, you are one super person to share those photos.

Everyones jaws dropped when I scrolled down and that first picture appeared.

Thank you so much, you made my whole family smile.

My 8 year old ask me " Do you think they know how lucky they are to see that?" I told her " Yes, sweety, they know they are and are taking advantage of what there is to offer those who look for it"

Gosh... Beauty at its best.

We appreciate you taking your time to post these. WOW !!!

Old 03-19-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Dolphin/Sunset Cruise - Part IV

The captain told us to keep clapping and cheering the dolphins on - SO WE DID - big time. Here comes a whole series of pictures that are very SELF-EXPLANATORY.

There wasn't one disappointed person on that boat from that moment on, from the oldest to the youngest - and it seemed like there were a lot of children. We also got to see a SPECTACULAR, INCREDIBLE sunset - but that comes later.

Still more great dolphin pictures coming later... But now I can take a break!!!!

Floridabound09 I just checked the previous thread before posting this one - to see what was happening while I was putting this reply together.

You put tears in my eyes too with your wonderful response - and made all this fun worthwhile!!! I can't tell you how pleased I am to know I make you all so HAPPY. Be sure and check back till you see the SUNSET - cause that's when it ends...

Judlea

Old 03-19-2007, 04:20 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times
Your photos made my families day.

We appreciate the goodness in your heart to show us the positive side of living in your state while we have read all the crappy negatives on this board, this sure tossed the NAH and Rivers theories right out the window.

My daughter is still amazed at the photos and has not seen the last group yet, she is doing her homework. I will bring her to see these when she finishes.

I hear them taking down the hallway about your photos and smiling cause I have more of your wonderful pictures to share with them.

Thank you!

Sunset.... Cannot wait !!!

Last edited by Floridabound09; 03-19-2007 at 04:31 PM..

Old 03-19-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Dolphin/Sunset Cruise - Part V

We took about 170 pictures on this Dolphin/Sunset Cruise... I still have 36 more to go!!! But it goes fast, and I'm skipping over several of them.

Judlea

Old 03-19-2007, 07:03 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,758,007 times
Judlea, your pictures are absolutely glorious, and I must confess to especially enjoying those dolphin pix! How generous of you to take the time to post all of them. Nicely done!

We were just on the beach in Naples, FL last week and enjoyed watching a pair of dolphins tease two swimmers. They popped up from the water just in front of the young men, swam on then doubled back and swam next to the guys again. They turned and swam forward as the guys paddled like heck to catch up to the dolphins. What a show that turned out to be and what memories for them!

I totally agree with Floridabound09 - thanks for showing the postive side of Florida. I know many people who live there and LOVE IT - and after our last visit to Naples, we are discussing that very possibility for ourselves!

Old 03-19-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Dolphin/Sunset Cruise - Part VI

We are still watching the dolphins

The Dolphins are still with us - but the sunset is beginning

On the return trip - the nesting bird

Some amazing pictures, because of the lighting- The dolphins were back in front of the boat.

I'll be back with the final pictures...

Judlea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida