Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2024, 04:42 PM

648 posts, read 416,427 times

Advertisements

The Florida Republican playbook explained succinctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
I for one and thrilled and excited to see him back, after his last year of taking a salary from the state and using it to campaign for president instead of, y'know, governing the state he was elected to govern.

I'm also looking forward to learning what other federal funding he'll reject, such as the medicaid expansion, infrastructure, and educational funding. I mean really, people who aren't poor enough to live in tents, but too poor to afford gas for the car that might get them to work, they don't deserve to be healthy, right? Especially not their kids. Take away their SNAP benefits, that'll learn'em. And infrastructure funds? Pfft. Non-state roads can just crumble. People who live in small towns should just be grateful their entire house didn't sink into the sinkhole, and just their car instead. Educational funding? Hah. Florida's kids should be raised stupid, and god-fearing. So they'll grow up to be good little retail clerks and garbagemen.

Old 02-02-2024, 04:44 PM

Been living off the grid or something?

Welcome to 2024 my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Wow! Are we really living in a world where our opinion of the outcome of a court case is decided by who appointed the judge?

How will our Republic survive with a populace as divided as we are?

Old 02-03-2024, 07:12 AM

14,985 posts, read 12,200,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Rejoice my friend, Florida now has a governor again…I’m sure your base is both thrilled and disappointed at the same time!
We always had a governor, DeSantis continued to carry out his duties as governor even as he was running for POTUS. That's true despite the lies and spin by his political opponents.

Old 02-03-2024, 07:30 AM

5,025 posts, read 7,469,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The 1st people to flee Liberal states are Republicans, Right-leaning Independents, and moderate Dems who are feddup w/ the radical Lib policies, and way of life.

Their jobs trapped them in the Blue craphole, but as soon as they break free, they flee.

Yes, some Libs flee too, but its mostly the rest.

That explains why the Red infusion into Florida.
I’m a registered republican and wouldn’t vote for trump if you had a gun to my head.
I’m not alone.

Old 02-03-2024, 08:55 AM

Well when you can’t even beat Nikki Haley and you barely squeak by Vivek Ramaswamy, “governing” FloriDUH is probably all you’re qualified for…I could have told him that and saved him time and saved Florida taxpayers millions.

Rejoice Floridians your Governor is no longer an absentee landlord, he’s back on the job! I look forward to more culture wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
We always had a governor, DeSantis continued to carry out his duties as governor even as he was running for POTUS. That's true despite the lies and spin by his political opponents.

Old 02-03-2024, 09:17 AM

14,985 posts, read 12,200,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Well when you can’t even beat Nikki Haley and you barely squeak by Vivek Ramaswamy, “governing” FloriDUH is probably all you’re qualified for…I could have told him that and saved him time and saved Florida taxpayers millions.

Rejoice Floridians your Governor is no longer an absentee landlord, he’s back on the job! I look forward to more culture wars.

In your humble opinion.

Old 02-03-2024, 10:08 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,642,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
I’m a registered republican and wouldn’t vote for trump if you had a gun to my head.
I’m not alone.
Yes, you are.

Old 02-03-2024, 01:00 PM

My opinion? Threw in the towel on his doomed campaign...is that now fake news?

Quote:
In your humble opinion.

Old 02-03-2024, 01:16 PM

27,231 posts, read 44,080,993 times
Quote:
At what cost to residents with his travel expenses and cost to send planeloads of immigrants out of state or deploy FL National Guard units to Texas??

Old 02-03-2024, 01:30 PM

18,529 posts, read 8,347,977 times
Illegals commit crimes in NY...then go to Florida to spend their money

CNN > Why don't they just commit the crimes in Florida?

CNN's John Miller > Because they will go to jail in Florida.......

”So what the detectives are telling me is, they have crews here that operate in New York, do all their stealing, then go to Florida to spend the money and come back. I’m like, ‘Why don’t they just stay and steal in Florida?’ They said, ‘Because there you go to jail,'” Miller said.

https://twitter.com/briannalyman2/st...10174344110468
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: