Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 05:16 PM

637 posts, read 407,788 times

Advertisements

This is will come off harshly, but the long and short of it is that the "average" guy is practically invisible to women. What's the definition of an average guy you say?

The average guy is typically 20 - 30 lbs overweight (not fat, think more of a dad bod), he makes $35k-70k (not poor, but simply an average earner), he doesn't dress particularly stylish - his clothes probably aren't ironed/pressed, and they don't fit him well, he has zero hobbies or interests that would put him in close proximity to attractive women, he has a small social circle of guy friends who also fit this description or even worse, he has no social circle at all. To make matters worse, this type of guy has almost zero self awareness and is looking for women who are 8s or better

Since you brought up South Florida (this practically applies to any major metro), I would say you're correct in the way you're judged immediately (fairly or unfairly) and it would certainly behoove you to NOT be this guy if you're single and you're actively looking to date attractive women.

In big cities/metros there are plenty of options of people who already fit the "mold" and they're not complaining one bit I assure you. So if you're not catching the attention of the ones you want, chances are you need a little self-improvement if you want to compete.

Best advice, hit the gym at least 3 times a week, once you achieve a decent physique, visit a tailor (not that expensive) and have them size your clothes properly, and just become a more interesting person with hobbies - just these changes will yield favorable results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryKnight1 View Post
I can only speak for South Florida (Miami/Fort Lauderdale/etc.), and it’s been years since I’ve been out of the “dating market”, but, my understanding and experience with the vast majority of women here (there are always exceptions to the rule, of course) is that Floridian women have a highly inflated ego and sense of worth (even the “lower end” ones on the attractiveness spectrum) because, for many reasons, men in this state are extremely desperate for any type of female, and that drives it.

Last edited by silverct9a; 01-09-2024 at 05:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2024, 07:20 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,346,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
This is will come off harshly, but the long and short of it is that the "average" guy is practically invisible to women. What's the definition of an average guy you say?

The average guy is typically 20 - 30 lbs overweight (not fat, think more of a dad bod), he makes $35k-70k (not poor, but simply an average earner), he doesn't dress particularly stylish - his clothes probably aren't ironed/pressed, and they don't fit him well, he has zero hobbies or interests that would put him in close proximity to attractive women, he has a small social circle of guy friends who also fit this description or even worse, he has no social circle at all. To make matters worse, this type of guy has almost zero self awareness and is looking for women who are 8s or better

Since you brought up South Florida (this practically applies to any major metro), I would say you're correct in the way you're judged immediately (fairly or unfairly) and it would certainly behoove you to NOT be this guy if you're single and you're actively looking to date attractive women.

In big cities/metros there are plenty of options of people who already fit the "mold" and they're not complaining one bit I assure you. So if you're not catching the attention of the ones you want, chances are you need a little self-improvement if you want to compete.

Best advice, hit the gym at least 3 times a week, once you achieve a decent physique, visit a tailor (not that expensive) and have them size your clothes properly, and just become a more interesting person with hobbies - just these changes will yield favorable results.
The problem is hobbies most us guys like, especially conservatives such as guns, fishing, cars don't attract many women or if they do they're trashy. I myself wear brand named t shirts, and cargo pants, but I certainly don't dress up just to go out and about and such. I'm not a metrosexual and don't intend to dress like one. I wouldn't like living in Southeast FL anyway. I'd rather live somewhere like Crestview Florida in the Panhandle.

Old 01-11-2024, 04:22 AM

835 posts, read 477,892 times
Quote:

I’m married, so your advice is lost on me completely. I thought I made that clear by stating at least once or twice that I’ve “been out of the dating market”.

Old 01-11-2024, 08:18 AM

17,206 posts, read 15,412,961 times
Quote:
I’m married, so your advice is lost on me completely. I thought I made that clear by stating at least once or twice that I’ve “been out of the dating market”.
I don't think he was giving YOU advice. LOL. Just "general advice" for anyone who MIGHT be looking to date.

Old 01-11-2024, 08:37 AM

THANK YOU!! Imagine thinking that entire post was just for you...Ego much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
I don't think he was giving YOU advice. LOL. Just "general advice" for anyone who MIGHT be looking to date.

Old 01-11-2024, 08:52 AM

I understand and moving to South Florida isn't a requirement, but keep in mind that like real estate, location I would say is equally important in dating. I suspect you will continue to yield lackluster results simply based on being in the "wrong" place considering your age range.

In your case, I would consider major southern/Midwest areas where your hobbies are more inline with the area and there are younger people - At the least consider moving to the Tampa area my friend.

Totally unrelated, but it's also the reason I encourage young people to go to college and better yet, college towns (if this is financially feasible). This may be come off as a surprise to many (it shouldn't be), but there is a MAJOR filtering process that occurs after high school and college towns typically get the best of the best within the state. Take advantage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
The problem is hobbies most us guys like, especially conservatives such as guns, fishing, cars don't attract many women or if they do they're trashy. I myself wear brand named t shirts, and cargo pants, but I certainly don't dress up just to go out and about and such. I'm not a metrosexual and don't intend to dress like one. I wouldn't like living in Southeast FL anyway. I'd rather live somewhere like Crestview Florida in the Panhandle.

Old 01-11-2024, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
The post quoted me, which any normal person would assume, as the tool is intended, to direct remarks at a certain poster.

Old 01-11-2024, 06:56 PM

Quote:
THANK YOU!! Imagine thinking that entire post was just for you...Ego much?
I mean, you quoted my post, which means to most people that you were directing your remarks at me.

Old 01-12-2024, 07:35 AM

You brought up South Florida and since I too live here, I addressed a statement you made regarding the area and dating. Since you’re married, it could be assumed the rest of the post really wasn’t directed towards you specifically.

Quote:
I mean, you quoted my post, which means to most people that you were directing your remarks at me.

Old 01-12-2024, 08:16 AM

17,206 posts, read 15,412,961 times
Quote:
The post quoted me, which any normal person would assume, as the tool is intended, to direct remarks at a certain poster.
I guess I'm not "normal" then... Whatever that means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida