Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 07:57 AM

2,327 posts, read 2,276,900 times

Advertisements

Pasco County gets a bad rap, and it's partially deserved due to the problems associated with NPR/Holiday/etc in West Pasco.

However, the rest really isn't bad. Most people understand Wesley Chapel is nice. It has bad traffic and a few other problems, but it's pretty good overall.

Another area, that's perhaps better even, is Starkey Ranch that spans roughly between Trinity and 589. There's a lot of new development and it's fairly upscale too; reminiscent of Lakewood Ranch. I think it's got great potential longer term as it continues to grow, and serves as a very good alternative to Riverview/Apollo Beach.

I bring this up because people are quick to write off the whole county as a disaster, perhaps the worst in the state. But, as I see it, roughly 2/3rds of Pasco County is actually desirable. Newcomers to Tampa Bay / Florida should give Starkey Ranch and Wesley Chapel fair consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2023, 08:04 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Pasco County gets a bad rap, and it's partially deserved due to the problems associated with NPR/Holiday/etc in West Pasco.

However, the rest really isn't bad. Most people understand Wesley Chapel is nice. It has bad traffic and a few other problems, but it's pretty good overall.

Another area, that's perhaps better even, is Starkey Ranch that spans roughly between Trinity and 589. There's a lot of new development and it's fairly upscale too; reminiscent of Lakewood Ranch. I think it's got great potential longer term as it continues to grow, and serves as a very good alternative to Riverview/Apollo Beach.

I bring this up because people are quick to write off the whole county as a disaster, perhaps the worst in the state. But, as I see it, roughly 2/3rds of Pasco County is actually desirable. Newcomers to Tampa Bay / Florida should give Starkey Ranch and Wesley Chapel fair consideration.
I agree. And East Pasco is like another world from West Pasco in every way. I lived in Dade City twice, and that is a beautiful little gem of a town. Gorgeous rolling hills, oak hammocks, and still retains some rural charm even though it is the capital and has seen a little bit of development over the years. And of course there is also the wonderful tiny towns of St. Leo and San Antonio.

Old 08-22-2023, 08:28 AM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Parts of it are okay. It is just in dire need or a major infrastructure overhaul. For as much as the place has been booming from Trinity to Wesley Chapel, having only one road going East/West is unacceptable.

This intersection gets the middle finger from me:
https://www.google.com/maps/@28.1918...8192?entry=ttu

Hard to believe there have barely been any changes to that road since I started frequenting the area during my college days over ten years ago, and after so many years of construction at I-75, they somehow made that intersection/ramps WORSE than it used to be.
I mean seriously, what is this, and WHY is it like this???

Old 08-22-2023, 08:36 AM

4,474 posts, read 3,842,069 times
Nobody that I know writes off Pasco County as a disaster; in fact many people I know are moving to Pasco County for its beautiful neighborhoods, gorgeous towns and delicious drinking water. Also I believe that things like car insurance, property insurance etc. are cheaper in Pasco (than in Tampa).

Old 08-22-2023, 08:42 AM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Just visited the area for the first time in 4 years to visit a friend in Trinity. Route 54 from.75 heading towards the Gulf is definitely built up compared to before. The homes in the new developments look nice.

Different vibe than where my inlaws are in West Bradenton. West Bradenton on Cortez or Manatee has that Florida feel. The Wesley Chapel to Trinity corridor has more of a suburban Long Island with a few palm trees feel to it.

Last edited by NSHL10; 08-22-2023 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 08-22-2023, 09:16 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,570,419 times
I actually live in West Pasco (Holiday) along Gulf Trace Blvd, right across from the Key Vista community. I will not give up my place of residence for anything. On my daily walks, I’m only a short 15 minute walk to the Gulf of Mexico and Key Vista nature park. In the past 2yrs they have constructed a new biking/walking trail that runs parallel to the gulf coast. It is an extremely well maintained and safe community.

I’m fully aware that the majority of Holiday/West Pasco is not a desirable area, but the Gulf Trace/Key Vista/Baileys Bluff area in Holiday are a hidden Gem. I had the opportunity to purchase in Odessa when I was looking for a home. The traffic, congestion, and proximity to Gulf beaches is what drove me here instead.

Last edited by louie0406; 08-22-2023 at 09:41 AM..

Old 08-22-2023, 09:24 AM

85 posts, read 70,286 times
The biggest negative factor to me is the Pasco County Sheriff' Nocco's "predictive policing" policy.

Old 08-22-2023, 09:49 AM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Nobody that I know writes off Pasco County as a disaster; in fact many people I know are moving to Pasco County for its beautiful neighborhoods, gorgeous towns and delicious drinking water. Also I believe that things like car insurance, property insurance etc. are cheaper in Pasco (than in Tampa).
To be fair, West Pasco is still VERY rough. There is a drastic change in vibe and upkeep the moment you cross from over the Anclote River.

Old 08-22-2023, 04:48 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Parts of it are okay. It is just in dire need or a major infrastructure overhaul. For as much as the place has been booming from Trinity to Wesley Chapel, having only one road going East/West is unacceptable.

This intersection gets the middle finger from me:

Hard to believe there have barely been any changes to that road since I started frequenting the area during my college days over ten years ago, and after so many years of construction at I-75, they somehow made that intersection/ramps WORSE than it used to be.
I mean seriously, what is this, and WHY is it like this???
Needs a super CAT5 with gust to 230mph to wipe it out from Holiday to Hudson 5 miles inland and never allow it to be rebuilt. Just sweep all the drug dealers and trashy renters away for good.

Old 08-22-2023, 05:25 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Water is a joke here. Read all about black water in west Pasco. Mine has been **** colored for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida