Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 04:49 AM

367 posts, read 304,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
The average SAT score nationally in 2022 is the lowest it’s been in 7 years. ACT scores nationwide are at a 30 year low.

This is nothing more than a political hit piece by The NY Times.
This person knows what’s up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2023, 07:11 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
There are going to be cheap political attacks, name calling, dirty tricks and cheating in presidential campaigns...at that's jut in the primaries lol.

Where I am annoyed is where someone creates a *meme* of dishonesty and pushes it so hard with misinformation that it sticks with a lot of Americans and create a bad fake *reality*.

For example, we had the complaining about hacking elections using Diebold\Dominion (2004 then quiet for a while then 2016 to present), Presidents control oil prices (2006-present), Faux\Fake News (2010-present).

Just something to consider when spreading misinformation...and every example I gave has both parties finger prints on it.

Old 08-22-2023, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
A "political hit piece", its an OpEd, are only those article favorable to the little dictator allowed to be referenced? I guess so according to you. He has thrown his hat into the GOP race that opens him up to national scrutiny, did you really think the rest of the country would embrace his positions the way his minions do in Florida?

As for the US News rankings the other poster referenced them and they are considered the benchmark standard by most...
Hey, we both agree it's open season in politics, just is what it is every single time.

But gas-lighting me that this isn't bashing Desantis by leaving out the diversity increase lowering scores just isn't going to play. Go do that with the Trump supporters if you want.

Old 08-22-2023, 09:38 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hey, we both agree it's open season in politics, just is what it is every single time.

But gas-lighting me that this isn't bashing Desantis by leaving out the diversity increase lowering scores just isn't going to play. Go do that with the Trump supporters if you want.
What do you call your post to me because I don't embrace this latest slight and I made no comment on the pay-wall blocked article. I only commented about the school standings mentioned by another poster.

Old 08-22-2023, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
What do you call your post to me because I don't embrace this latest slight and I made no comment on the pay-wall blocked article. I only commented about the school standings mentioned by another poster.
"all this over an Op-ed piece", is commenting on the article and trying to dismiss complaints about it. Post 16.

All the best, peace and out, I'm not going to disturb a non-political forum any further.

Old 08-27-2023, 07:23 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonko the Sane View Post
New York Times cherry picking facts to slant yet another piece of propaganda.
Please feel free to post a contrasting article from another reputable newspaper, maybe a Florida-based one, that you feel picks fewer cherries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida