Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2023, 12:19 PM

17,521 posts, read 15,646,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I don't think people understand WHY they are buying all that bottled water - it's like a Pavlov response lol

Have they forgotten you can just fill containers from your tap ahead of time?
And if one prefers filtered water, buy a damn Brita filter. I have two. They remain filled at all times.

As for the media hyping up random storms, just look at this stupid thing — it’s headline news, yet will do nothing but throw in a few sprinkles here and there. But to my family in Canada, this means “OMG STORMS!!! Be careful! Evacuate! Stock up on random crap!”

Listen man, unless it’s a massive storm like Ian or something, it makes no sense to hype these things up. We live in the tropics, and storms are a way of life — always have been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2023, 12:27 PM

30,549 posts, read 21,457,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
And if one prefers filtered water, buy a damn Brita filter. I have two. They remain filled at all times.

As for the media hyping up random storms, just look at this stupid thing — it’s headline news, yet will do nothing but throw in a few sprinkles here and there. But to my family in Canada, this means “OMG STORMS!!! Be careful! Evacuate! Stock up on random crap!”

Listen man, unless it’s a massive storm like Ian or something, it makes no sense to hype these things up. We live in the tropics, and storms are a way of life — always have been.
You don't wanna drink my water.

Old 06-03-2023, 01:26 PM

384 posts, read 287,895 times
Quote:
I don't think people understand WHY they are buying all that bottled water - it's like a Pavlov response lol

Speaking for myself we bought bottled water because we were on a well, when the power goes so does the water

Old 06-03-2023, 04:03 PM

140 posts, read 113,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
You don't wanna drink my water.
No, because, according to you, you never get any. It must be a very valuable commodity. LMAO hope you're having a good weekend, friend.

Old 06-03-2023, 05:02 PM

30,549 posts, read 21,457,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySipowicz View Post
No, because, according to you, you never get any. It must be a very valuable commodity. LMAO hope you're having a good weekend, friend.
I gots 2" Thurs and Fri. Nothing today. The water is pee colored where i live.

Old 06-03-2023, 05:10 PM

15,048 posts, read 12,254,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post

And not only that, it's not uncommon at all to have a tropical system pop up somewhere in the Gulf or Caribbean and meander around for a few days in late May or early June. They're generally just rain makers for the areas they affecf at all. I remember quite a few of those storms over the years, even a few named Arlene.

Thankfully the local Ft. Myers stations ( Wink News), hasn't been hyping the storm, in fact, they're emphasizing it won't be anything more than a rainmaker, and will have little effect on SW Florida. They don't want to see the throngs of newbies freaking out.

Old 06-03-2023, 07:42 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,495,353 times
Quote:

We have a water filter in our kitchen and I STILL won't drink the tap water here. It's acceptable for ice cubes, in cooking, and in the coffee pot. Even when I use my Waterpik, I have to add a tablespoon of mouthwash to the reservoir to kill the taste.

We always have spring water available for drinking, and there's a jug in the freezer as a space holder (we don't keep a lot of stuff in the freezer). We also have a couple of cleaned kitty litter jugs filled with tap water in case of power outages to wash dishes or whatever else.

Often, before a storm, it's my usual time to go grocery shopping. I never get over the number of people who apparently never keep any food in their houses, and decide last minute to stock up on EVERYTHING. If they just - always kept a couple cans of soup, water, soda, bread, pet food, whatever else most normal people keep all the time anyway - they wouldn't need to stock up. They're buying cases of toilet paper. Like they're waiting for armageddon or something. I guess they didn't get the memo that hurricanes and flooding are pretty wet ordeals, and their 200 rolls of toilet paper probably won't be very useful to them when they're soggy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: