Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2023, 06:08 PM

3,441 posts, read 2,417,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_w View Post
My persian friend went into the store and left his baby in the car seat because the baby went to sleep in the car
Persia has been called Iran since 1935. People from Iran are Iranian. Persia no longer exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2023, 11:10 PM

218 posts, read 156,232 times
Quote:
My persian friend went into the store and left his baby in the car seat because the baby went to sleep in the car
What happened to your friend's baby is obviously a tragedy. Your friend's ethnicity or national origin has nothing to do with it.

Old 06-04-2023, 12:01 AM

17,206 posts, read 15,412,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
Persia has been called Iran since 1935. People from Iran are Iranian. Persia no longer exists.
There is an Iranian ethnic group called PERSIANS still till this day, which compromises over half of Iran. And the language is still called "Persian."

And... Iran is still literally known as "PERSIA." A lot of Iranians call their land Persia. Most of them, actually.

Old 06-08-2023, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
I hate these stories and cannot comprehend why we see them repeated year after year.
Because some parents think [insert task, project, job, errand] is more important than their own child's life. The irony in this story is that one was a pastor at a pro-life church, and was there to speak during her church service. So much for being pro-life. She forgot about the life she was "pro" sitting in her car.

Old 06-10-2023, 07:45 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
I think they need to put sensors on all baby car seats. You close that door, the sensor sends you loud alerts to your phone or car alarms, that there’s weight on that seat. It can be done. People are too busy, too tired, too focused on other things and don’t communicate. One parent thinks the other took care of the child. We can invent it - it’s not that hard!!! We have apple air tags. My watch tells me I left my iPad at an address when I leave. Come on !!

Old 06-11-2023, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I think they need to put sensors on all baby car seats. You close that door, the sensor sends you loud alerts to your phone or car alarms, that there’s weight on that seat. It can be done. People are too busy, too tired, too focused on other things and don’t communicate. One parent thinks the other took care of the child. We can invent it - it’s not that hard!!! We have apple air tags. My watch tells me I left my iPad at an address when I leave. Come on !!
No, I think humans should require competency testing and apply for a license to breed, before doing so. We need parents to be more accountable and responsible for their own choices, and fewer methods of excusing them when they are about to do stupid things.

If you do a sensor, and the sensor doesn't fire up when the door shuts, and the parent forgets the kid, they can blame the sensor and sue the car seat manufacturer instead of taking responsibility for the fact that THEY FORGOT THEIR CHILD.

Old 06-12-2023, 07:58 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GileadCommander View Post
What kind of demons would leave an infant in a broiling car like that?
Good church attending ones.....

Old 06-12-2023, 08:14 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,697,821 times
well hopefully since the parents were in church, that the child is in heaven, because u know....the parents were in church praying to god.... and like... god was pleased that they were such good Christians so he decided to take their baby.... It all makes a lot of sense really.

Old 06-12-2023, 08:32 AM

18,126 posts, read 11,761,140 times
Good opinions on this thread. I used to think the same about engaged couples to be married must attend educational classes long before the mandatory blood test. Raising a child(ren) is the hardest job ever, yet there are NO requirements. Are there signs on the outside doors saying "No children allowed"? This is the reason why dogs are left behind in the hot 120 degrees cars. "No Dogs Allowed Inside"

I agree with the Poster on the theory if we set up a baby seat with alarms, then we derail the responsibility and become Sue-Happy customers. This is wrong but realistic.

I like the Baby Carry Bag - the baby is attached to the parent, and never left behind. If this is not possible for the parent then She/He is doing something a good parent should not be doing.

Old 06-16-2023, 01:02 AM

1,397 posts, read 677,452 times
Quote:
Was it a rug store?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida