Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 01:24 PM

64 posts, read 63,832 times

Advertisements

Not sure many if you know but Senator Book just introduced a bill threatening our religious freedoms by removing religious exemptions for schools and this bill also compromises medical exemptions by submitting all medical exemptions to be reviewed by a panel rather than your doctor.

This is Government Overreach at its finest. I came from CA to get away from bills like this. No matter what your stance on vaccinations are, you need to be against this. Why? Because it is a slippery slope once you start letting the gov chip away at your God given rights. How much are you willing to give away?

People from all over the world come to America for religious freedom, and if we start giving that away, what will our country come to? Personally, as a Christian, I do not agree with vaccinations because some, like the MMR and Hep A/Hep B, contain aborted baby cells. As you can read from this link https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pi...nt-table-2.pdf
MRC-5 are cell lines that originated from an aborted baby and contain human protein, DNA, and diploid cells. How many babies did hey need to go through before they got the sequence they were looking for? How many babies do they go through to keep manufacturing this vaccine? I’ve read articles saying it was just one and the copied that same cell over and over again. That is simply not true because that link, straight from the CDC itself, states that you are injecting those cells including DNA AND PROTEIN. And you are injecting DNA from a vaccination that IS NOT EVEN TESTED FOR MUTAGENIC EFFECTS.

I know people are concerned that religious exemptions are being abused, but that doesnt mean we should take them away. I propose that the bill be amended to have your church sign off on the exemption confirming you are a practicing member and it must be ensured that the church itself cannot be gov regulated or influenced by special interests

If you are pro-vax, ex-vax, anti-vax, or selective-vax this bill will affect you. Vaccine schedules are always changing, just like science. Boosters are being added, formulas are changing and it isn’t fair that our children carry that burden. We have a right to say what goes into our children.

Old 08-11-2019, 01:36 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Considering all the anti science nutters on the west coast that have helped bring back measles by eliminating "herd immunity" there, I don't have a problem with more oversight. Kids are dying left and right thanks to fake science folks not immunizing their kids.

MS surprisingly has the highest vaccination rates of all

https://msbusiness.com/2018/12/missi...es-in-country/

Old 08-11-2019, 02:09 PM

129 posts, read 129,152 times
If your religious freedom is that important to you, you're welcome to send your kids to a private school.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Considering all the anti science nutters on the west coast that have helped bring back measles by eliminating "herd immunity" there, I don't have a problem with more oversight. Kids are dying left and right thanks to fake science folks not immunizing their kids.

MS surprisingly has the highest vaccination rates of all

https://msbusiness.com/2018/12/missi...es-in-country/

CA has some of the most if not the most strict vaccination laws in the US. So you’re not going to get all the “anti-science nutters” you are going to get a bunch of progressive thinkers who like to take away our human rights. How much are you willing to give away? When will you draw the line? As soon as you know adults will have to get mandatory vaccinations. As soon as you know it they will control what you say, what you have, where your hard earned money goes..would you consent the gov to track you or your children from birth? Would you trust a 12 year old child to make informed medical decisions without you?

Also kids are dying left and right? Where? In America? Show me the mass number of children in AMERICA who have dies from the measles last year. Children in third world countries are the ones that are dying from the measles. Why? Because they lack proper nutrition and live in unsanitary living conditions. America is not a third world country so children will most likely not die from the measles if they have proper nutrition and do not have any other healthy factors that could contribute. https://www.naturalnews.com/048677_m...nutrition.html and if your child does get the measles do you know what the treatment is? Vitamin A https://physiciansforinformedconsent.org/measles/dis/ Also, you can’t catch what you don’t have. Why are people so concerned with unvaccinated children? Children are allowed to go to school that are actually infected with hep b and the unvaccinated children are the problem? It’s like saying “you better get your flu shot or MINES won’t work!”

In any event even if we disagree, the beauty of it is that we both have a choice. We need to keep it that way.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo1 View Post
If your religious freedom is that important to you, you're welcome to send your kids to a private school.
This bill will affect private schools as well. I would not mind AT ALL sending my child to a private school if I can keep our religious freedom. It should be that way.

And just to throw out there Homeschooling is not am option for a lot of working parents so it would be great if we can still send our children to private

ETA: you see how this bill is going after our freedoms? We wouldn’t even be able to send our children to a private Christian school.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:30 PM

129 posts, read 129,152 times
It's essentially child abuse to voluntarily expose your children to entirely preventable serious diseases. And then to expose others because you didn't vaccinate is borderline assault. Kudos to our governments for trying to protect the populace, their primary function.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo1 View Post
It's essentially child abuse to voluntarily expose your children to entirely preventable serious diseases. And then to expose others because you didn't vaccinate is borderline assault. Kudos to our governments for trying to protect the populace, their primary function.

Ummm but you are not exposing your child to a preventable disease by introducing them to unvaccinated children. You can’t spread what you don’t have. It’s like if I say “you better Get your flu shot or mine won’t work!”

Unvaccinated children are not walking stealth diseases. Most adults are considered not fully vaccinated by today’s standard what do you think of that? They come in contact with your children whether it be cashiers, other parents, mall workers, etc...

Old 08-11-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-M-O View Post
Oh great, another nutjob who came from the West Coast. As someone who went to the FL Public School system personally as a student, this shouldn't even be a debate. Vax your children.

Also, stop saying Gov given rights when our Republic gave us our rights via the Constitution.
Well aren’t you the most respectful open minded person I’ve ever had the pleasure to come in contact with. Not too thrilled to be moving near the likes of you myself. Sounds like you belong in CA

Shouldn’t then we protect our constitutional rights like freedom of religion? Why don’t we just have religious exemptions for private and Christian schools then?

Also my children are vaccinated. This is a freedom issue to me.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
No offense, you are sounding just like just like someone who should be going back to CA. This state doesn't need anymore nutjobs. not offended but it’s a little too late to throw out a “no offense” there buddy

Health shouldn't be a religious issue to begin with. People can die if they aren't vaxed. correction, people don’t die from being unvaccinated. YOU CANNOT SPREAD WHAT YOU DONT HAVE! They die from diseases and viruses. Can you see the flawed logic in equating unvaccinated children to infected children?? There are MANY more viruses that you can die from that DO NOT have vaccinations for. Further, children who actually have hep b, a vaccine preventable disease, are allowed to go to school with your children and you’d never know because of privacy laws but with this law children who are just not vaccinated against them can’t? And if your child IS vaccinated against it WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU AFRAID OF?

Just saying no vax and have "God" to make us healthy is just beyond silly. we should have the right to religious freedom and control over what we think is right for OUR children. It’s a slippery slope once you start letting the gov take our rights away

Back when I was in public school, we think adults like you are bonkers. cool story. Back when you were in school you probably only had to take a third amount of vaccines that our children are required to take now.

Then again, I knew someone who need medical attention really bad over a virus. His parents had the money to cure him. They didn't, they stated they will pray to "God" in order to make him feel better. My friend died due to some crazy Christians who are more focused on "God" than their child feeling better. Then I realized that religious people at least to me can be INSANE.

im sorry for your loss, truly. That burden is something that the parents have to bear from the choices they made. I still stand by religious freedom and freedom over our children. Not all people who are religious are that extreme. For example, If my child needs gets injured or needs medical attention I WILL get them medical attention. If my doctor tells me it is safer to get vaccinated that to not I listen. I just have a problem with the government making choices over my children and my freedoms. I know a mom who watched her son suffer from a severe allergic reaction to a vaccination. For two weeks, and he almost died. She later went on to have one more child and uses the religious exemption to protect her child from that same fate because while her doctor wrote her son an exemption, they refused to giver her daughter once because “the reaction has happened yet” would it be fair to submit her to that same fate? Also, I myself had a severe allergic reaction to the flu shot and have been told by all doctors to not ever get the flu shot again. We both have similar experiences that shaped the way we feel about vaccinations.

And it is my freedom to tell you that you need to go back to CA.
yes isn’t it amazing how we have these freedoms like freedom of speech and freedom of religion??

Old 08-11-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Why the red text?

so it’s easier for you to read and respond to

Children can die from not having the Polio vax. Until the Polio vax came around, children either were paralyzed or died from it.

I also don't have children (not planning on it).

they died from polio. Not being unvaccinated.

I agree you do have the right to religious freedom, including your right to be an idiot. If you are making your children's health decisions based on religion, then that's pretty funny to me. Then again, religion has done more harm than good nowadays. No wonder more and more people in my generation are leaving religion in droves. People like you are so backwards.

just because I don’t like getting my child vaccinated for religious reasons, doesn’t mean I make ALL my medical decisions based on religion. I go to the doctors, had hospital births etc...you are equating me wanting to not vaccinate for religious reasons to someone who disassociate and denies all western medical interventions because I believe God will do his work. That is simply not true. I believe in God, and i trust my doctors, listen to their advice.

Not really. I checked my records out of curiosity and check the current vax requirements. Standards are the same.

Oh really? Am I arguing with a child then?
peaceful parenting: CDC Recommended Vaccine Schedule: 1983 - 2015

With your statement above, you should be more pro-vaccinations. If you can't get the flu shot, make sure others can get it so your chance of getting it decreases. It's the same for other sicknesses. There's people out there who can't take too many vaxes due to their health reasons. You know what most of them will say to us: Get vaxed so we don't get sick.

im one of those people, and I say inform yourself before you vaccinate, and whatever choice you make thereafter is only yours to make. I don’t push my beliefs on others, I’m just saying what I wish I knew before I vaccinated

Religion of Freedom is nice, except for those who are pushing away science for the sake of their own agenda. Then again, religion was also used to justified segregation in the south, slavery, women having less rights than men, and the sick belief that if you don't believe in Jesus you go to hell. What a load of bulls***.

again, it’s their rights if they want to push science away. And if I remember history correctly THE GOVERNMENT REGULATED SLAVERY, SEGREGATION AND (lack of) WOMENS RIGHTS. thank you for proving my point.

Nice talking to you, I won't respond to any of your posts going forward.
great talking to you too, hope people learn something from this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida