Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 10:21 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,996,202 times

Advertisements

His blood is boiling red guys! Do you apply the same freedom for Muslims too? From my experience most people claiming religious freedom are the first to be prejudice against a Muslim or wish they could prevent a Mosque from being built.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:02 PM

64 posts, read 64,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Vaccinations are a public health issue. I appreciate the pains that you went through to not use autism as a justification to not use vaccines, but stem cells need not be pulled from embryos anymore, either. Putting your kid at risk and kids they may come in contact with is rather selfish, even if it is per your reading of scripture. I generally advocate homeschooling and in-schooling anyway, and if you insist on avoiding vaccines for the children who can’t decide for themselves and could come in contact with children like mine, I’d insist you pursue those options.

I’m not clear on tax law, but I don’t see why churches shouldn’t be taxed to some degree. Do non-profits normally not pay property tax?

Either way, taxation is not a religious liberty issue. You may still worship as you please, and I’ll have your back if someone actually tries to seize that right from you.

I really appreciate the respectful manner you used to reply to me, thank you.

Cells are still being used from embryos, but even that is not enough for other Christians to stop vaccinating and I respect that choice. What bothers me the most is that you are injecting DNA into your child from something that is not tested for mutagenic effects https://thinkingmomsrevolution.com/m...-GiiIuPr0A5Cj0

I only believe you are putting other children at risk if your child has the disease, and if it comes to that, I, like most parents will do their darnest to incubate their children and not spread it. I don’t want your child to get any vaccine preventable diseases as much as you do. But why is everyone attacking unvaccinated children? What about the kids who do in fact have hep b or hep a that go to school with your children? Why is the unvaccinated child more of a threat? What about the other diseases that do not have a vaccine like norovirus and hand foot and mouth? Also most adults are not fully vaccinated in accordance to the schedule that the CDC puts on our children what about that

Not clear on tax laws either so I can’t answer that

Again, thank you for your respectful and sincere response. Sounds like we’re both just parents who love our children and trying to do our best. I’ll definitely have your back if they want to take your freedoms away as well.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
His blood is boiling red guys! Do you apply the same freedom for Muslims too? From my experience most people claiming religious freedom are the first to be prejudice against a Muslim or wish they could prevent a Mosque from being built.
whos blood? Yes I do apply the same freedom for Muslims too. Religious freedom is religious freedom. Not that that makes any difference to you because you are making bizarre assumptions about me.

Old 08-11-2019, 11:14 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,860,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennahamm View Post

I only believe you are putting other children at risk if your child has the disease, and if it comes to that, I, like most parents will do their darnest to incubate their children and not spread it. I don’t want your child to get any vaccine preventable diseases as much as you do. But why is everyone attacking unvaccinated children?
Because with so many diseases, people are contagious before they become symptomatic.

Measles is contagious four days before symptoms appear:

https://www.cdc.gov/measles/transmission.html

As is mumps:

https://www.cdc.gov/mumps/about/transmission.html

And rubella:

https://www.cdc.gov/rubella/about/transmission.html

Thanks for causing birth defects to innocent babies in the name of some sort od freak moral purity!

Old 08-11-2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Because with so many diseases, people are contagious before they become symptomatic.

Measles is contagious four days before symptoms appear:

https://www.cdc.gov/measles/transmission.html

As is mumps:

https://www.cdc.gov/mumps/about/transmission.html

And rubella:

https://www.cdc.gov/rubella/about/transmission.html

Thanks for causing birth defects to innocent babies in the name of some sort od freak moral purity!
wait what? How is my stance on vaccinations causing birth defects? The MMR isn’t even recommended for pregnant women.

There are other diseases to be more afraid of then the measles. Also, I’ll ask again, what about hep a and hep b? They are vaccine preventable diseases that children have and are allowed to attend school with your children but you would never know because of privacy laws. How do you feel about that?

“In the modern era, it is rare to suffer permanent disability or death from measles in the United States. Between 1900 and 1963, the mortality rate of measles dropped from 13.3 per 100,000 to 0.2 per 100,000 in the population, due to advancements in living conditions, nutrition, and health care—a 98% decline (Fig. 1).2,5 Malnutrition, especially vitamin A deficiency, is a primary cause of about 90,000 measles deaths annually in underdeveloped nations.6 In the U.S. and other developed countries, 75–92% of hospitalized measles cases are low in vitamin A.7,8“

Old 08-11-2019, 11:47 PM

8,510 posts, read 4,756,562 times
Quote:
I really appreciate the respectful manner you used to reply to me, thank you.

Cells are still being used from embryos, but even that is not enough for other Christians to stop vaccinating and I respect that choice. What bothers me the most is that you are injecting DNA into your child from something that is not tested for mutagenic effects https://thinkingmomsrevolution.com/m...-GiiIuPr0A5Cj0

I only believe you are putting other children at risk if your child has the disease, and if it comes to that, I, like most parents will do their darnest to incubate their children and not spread it. I don’t want your child to get any vaccine preventable diseases as much as you do. But why is everyone attacking unvaccinated children? What about the kids who do in fact have hep b or hep a that go to school with your children? Why is the unvaccinated child more of a threat? What about the other diseases that do not have a vaccine like norovirus and hand foot and mouth? Also most adults are not fully vaccinated in accordance to the schedule that the CDC puts on our children what about that

Not clear on tax laws either so I can’t answer that

Again, thank you for your respectful and sincere response. Sounds like we’re both just parents who love our children and trying to do our best. I’ll definitely have your back if they want to take your freedoms away as well.

I confirmed that MRC-5 is indeed not synthesized.

I’d ask about Theseus’ ship.

Purported to be a ship engaged in a heroic battle, it was made into a museum. As the original wood rotted, it was all eventually replaced. Is it then the same object? Would a 50 year old line of cells reproduced in such numbers be the same thing? I think I know your answer, but won’t be presumptuous.

Is that then worth your children’s lives? Nobody is attacking them. They have no agency.

Hep A and B are routine vaccinations today, according to what I found. My children had them, and apparently the incidence of both is down by somewhere between 80-90%. Mutagenic effects appear to not be an issue, I found nothing backed up by any epidemiological science to show that.

Other diseases with no vaccine simply add to why I think our Prussian system of schools should be dismantled, or at least be supplemented by other models. If we have no vaccine, there’s nothing we can do but to treat the symptoms anyway.

I looked into nonprofit taxes a little bit. Religious organizations fall under a standard nonprofit model, it seems, so if anyone wanted to strip a church of its tax benefits, they’d likely have to justify some special clause for churches. That seems unlikely to pass muster, if it were to be kicked up through the courts.

Last edited by jcp123; 08-12-2019 at 12:02 AM..

Old 08-12-2019, 12:06 AM

Quote:
I confirmed that MRC-5 is indeed not synthesized.

I’d ask about Theseus’ ship.

Purported to be a ship engaged in a heroic battle, it was made into a museum. As the original wood rotted, it was all eventually replaced. Is it then the same object? Would a 50 year old line of cells reproduced in such numbers be the same thing? I think I know your answer, but won’t be presumptuous.

Is that then worth your children’s lives? Nobody is attacking them. They have no agency.

Hep A and B are routine vaccinations today, according to what I found. My children had them, and apparently the incidence of both is down by somewhere between 80-90%.

Other diseases with no vaccine simply add to why I think our Prussian system of schools should be dismantled, or at least be supplemented by other models. If we have no vaccine, there’s nothing we can do but to treat the symptoms anyway.

I looked into nonprofit taxes a little bit. Religious organizations fall under a standard nonprofit model, it seems, so if anyone wanted to strip a church of its tax benefits, they’d likely have to justify some special clause for churches. That seems unlikely to pass muster, if it were to be kicked up through the courts.
thank you again for being respectful and informative

You’re analogy is definitely valid, and because of that, there are other Christians who still vaccinate because it isn’t enough for them to not. I emphasized religious freedom because that is what the FL bill is taking away but for my family personally my children are vaccinated. My son and I both had allergic reactions to vaccines and we later found through genetic testing that vaccines are not compatible with us. So I have other reasons not to continue to vaccinate other than religious reasons.

What I mean by attacking is why is the burden of being fully vaccinated brought upon our children when most adults aren’t even considered fully vaccinated by the same CDC standards. There are risks to be vaccinated, and although rare, they do exist and the focus doesn’t really protect those who are at risk when like in states like CA put extreme restrictions on medical exemptions - like your child will have to go through anaphylactic fits more than once for each vaccine for you to be eligible and doctors can only grant 5 exemptions a year whether their practice is 50 patients or 5000. This is the kind of slippery slope I don’t want FL to go down.

I respect your view on vaccines and the school system. I’m actually for homeschooling as well but i know there are many parents to are working and don’t have the luxury. Again, I just think there should be different options for parents instead of taking religious exemptions away. Not just vaccinate or homeschool.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbhuyt View Post
You think constitutional rights are in jeopardy, on the city-data forum there are ZERO constitutional rights! The city-data forum operates straight out of Pyongyang, North Korea and adheres strictly to the Juche Philosophy, the philosophies of Kim Il-Sung, Kim Jong-Il, Kim Jong-Un, and the laws and government of North Korea. Hence, the United States Constitution, especially including the First Amendment, is disdained on the city-data forum. Every single moderator on this forum is a resident of Pyongyang, and the administrator is a grandson of Kim Il-Sung and an uncle of Kim Jong-Il! Chances are, they may have even had something to do with the shutting down of [domain blocked due to blatant violations of the laws of the DPRK].
well that explains a lot!

Old 08-12-2019, 12:14 AM

8,510 posts, read 4,756,562 times
Quote:
thank you again for being respectful and informative

You’re analogy is definitely valid, and because of that, there are other Christians who still vaccinate because it isn’t enough for them to not. I emphasized religious freedom because that is what the FL bill is taking away but for my family personally my children are vaccinated. My son and I both had allergic reactions to vaccines and we later found through genetic testing that vaccines are not compatible with us. So I have other reasons not to continue to vaccinate other than religious reasons.

What I mean by attacking is why is the burden of being fully vaccinated brought upon our children when most adults aren’t even considered fully vaccinated by the same CDC standards. There are risks to be vaccinated, and although rare, they do exist and the focus doesn’t really protect those who are at risk when like in states like CA put extreme restrictions on medical exemptions - like your child will have to go through anaphylactic fits more than once for each vaccine for you to be eligible and doctors can only grant 5 exemptions a year whether their practice is 50 patients or 5000. This is the kind of slippery slope I don’t want FL to go down.

I respect your view on vaccines and the school system. I’m actually for homeschooling as well but i know there are many parents to are working and don’t have the luxury. Again, I just think there should be different options for parents instead of taking religious exemptions away. Not just vaccinate or homeschool.
Ah, now I see. A medical exemption is a different animal entirely. I am allergic to some medications, so I can understand your hesitation. Ask questions. I’m not a medical professional, but your doctor is, so perhaps there are some alternatives, or ways to mitigate risk of contracting any of these diseases.

Good luck, and always keep asking questions.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Ah, now I see. A medical exemption is a different animal entirely. I am allergic to some medications, so I can understand your hesitation. Ask questions. I’m not a medical professional, but your doctor is, so perhaps there are some alternatives, or ways to mitigate risk of contracting any of these diseases.

Good luck, and always keep asking questions.
Thank you for keeping an open mind and always responding consciously and respectfully! I know it’s such a small gesture but it means a lot when you get a bunch of responses like above. I’m used to it but it doesn’t make it any less annoying lol. Just don’t know why adults can’t have simple informed conversations like this anymore.

In CA even good doctors are held to ridiculous standards like I mentioned before, some won’t even grant valid medical exemptions. I can show them the literature straight from the CDC that states “your child should not get the mmr” and some will approve and some won’t. I can’t help to think that their decisions are influenced by gov over reach and restrictions. It even came to light recently that politicians were scaring some doctors for writing exemptions with threats of penalties and fines.

This is what I’m scared Florida will turn into. My exemptions are valid and I don’t want anything to threaten that and I feel for the other mothers like the one I mentioned that her son suffered a severe allergic reaction that hospitalized him for two weeks. He was granted an exemption but not her daughter who was born after and she uses religious exemptions to protect her. I know that’s not the way you should use a religious exemption but I can’t help but feel for her and what the new bill is going to do to that family if it gets passed.

Either way something needs to change. I just hope we can all work together to find the solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida