Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 04:31 PM

97 posts, read 83,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoLiberal View Post
Op: The most liberal area in FL is South East FL,Broward county is the most liberal county in FL,Avoid the rest of FL at all costs, with the exemption of maybe Tampa and Orlando (city limits only), the rest of FL is no different than living in Alabama or Georgia, the west coast of FL and the panhandle being the worse parts (old racist white retirees), plus all the typical issues with majority white poor areas,high drug use,low education, bad personal hygiene, high poverty... etc etc, in FL the more north you go,the southern it gets...
Sometimes I wonder do you guys just say anything on here? If you think Orlando is only liberal within the city limits (which is small) then you must not know anything about orange county

Old 07-23-2019, 06:15 PM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanGenious25 View Post
Sometimes I wonder do you guys just say anything on here? If you think Orlando is only liberal within the city limits (which is small) then you must not know anything about orange county
You mean for us unfamiliar types places in Orange County like Wedgefield, Bithlo, Union Park, Christmas, Ocoee, Zellwood and Lockhart?

Old 07-24-2019, 06:58 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,636,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
South Florida is liberal. Most of Palm Beach County, Broward, Miami-Dade. No MAGA hats around, and saw one bumper sticker during the election.
No MAGA hats in South Florida because liberals are violent, rude, abusive, nasty people. It's not worth being attacked for wearing a hat. Plenty of MAGA support, anything east of the intracoastal generally votes majority MAGA. But the supporters tend to just be quiet about it to avoid insane liberals.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:57 AM

70 posts, read 131,962 times
I live in/around Gainesville and can tell you that the downtown, college area is dominantly democratic. Gainesville has a bad homeless/panhandler population, handles it's finances like California with raising taxes without increasing services, and is not as forward thinking as you would expect -- except for the plastic bag ban that 'just' passed. The wages are oppressed from college kids that just won't move on.

Step outside of the city limits and you are in a different world.

Old 07-24-2019, 10:06 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,452,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
No MAGA hats in South Florida because liberals are violent, rude, abusive, nasty people. It's not worth being attacked for wearing a hat. Plenty of MAGA support, anything east of the intracoastal generally votes majority MAGA. But the supporters tend to just be quiet about it to avoid insane liberals.
Absolutely not true.
South Florida has plenty of redneck MAGA hat wearing folks.
I myself witnessed one pull a gun on someone as they were leaving a gas station.
I think someone needs to get out more

I don't see someone from Austin or California moving to Florida and liking it.
Generally speaking.
As you can see on this thread alone, there are a lot of know-it-all types here.
If you like the "Keep up with the Jones" people.. you might like Boca.

Last edited by cfbs2691; 07-24-2019 at 10:37 AM..

Old 07-24-2019, 11:41 AM

264 posts, read 229,911 times
Quote:

I believe you have your parties mixed up. The director of the FBI, a Republican by the way, just stated that the majority of domestic terrorist incidents in the US comes from RIGHT wing white supremacists so please stop.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:58 PM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Classic case of projection given the opposite holds true regarding general behavior and voting records historically are also the opposite of your claims.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:10 PM

175 posts, read 183,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magichappens View Post
I'm very seriously considering relocating to FL from Austin, TX but am very liberal and anti-trump - are there any pockets in FL that are more blue leaning?

Much thank in advance!!!
Here we go. Another liberal moving to a non-liberal state to ruin it.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:42 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
As predicted, the topic is going down the drain. Some of you really ought to learn how to have a conversation without name-calling and insulting a group of people.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida