Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 01:32 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,340,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Favio View Post
You must've never left the Panhandle.
I live in Lake County Florida "Howey In the Hills".
We have Sugarloaf mountain in our county.
And its one of the most prominent hills in the state of FL.
It has an Elevation of like 320 feet. You can see the skyline of Orlando from the summit.
And Orlando is 45min plus drive from Sugarloaf Mountain.

You'd be right by saying the coastal areas of the state are flat, but most of central and north Florida is riddled with hills.

Yep. Notice the elevation gets higher as you get into rural Pasco County headingn north on I75. When I go to Bushnell I notice that when I get into the eastern part of Pasco it gets more hilly.

Very nice scenery near Bushnell. In addition to those rolling hills notice once you get into Eastern Pasco you see tons less palm trees as well. Bushnell area I don't see a lot of palm trees. Certainly less tropical looking than western Pasco near the gulf.

It gets colder at night in those higher elevations in the winter in the rural areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 02:07 PM

1,094 posts, read 808,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Favio View Post
You must've never left the Panhandle.
I live in Lake County Florida "Howey In the Hills".
We have Sugarloaf mountain in our county.
And its one of the most prominent hills in the state of FL.
It has an Elevation of like 320 feet. You can see the skyline of Orlando from the summit.
And Orlando is 45min plus drive from Sugarloaf Mountain.

You'd be right by saying the coastal areas of the state are flat, but most of central and north Florida is riddled with hills.
I never lived in the Panhandle but it's much hillier than the peninsula of Florida. When I visited Tallahasse in 2019 it felt like I was in Winston Salem North Carolina. The Panhandle is NC Piedmont levels of hilly.

Old 09-08-2021, 02:48 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,340,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalker96 View Post
I never lived in the Panhandle but it's much hillier than the peninsula of Florida. When I visited Tallahasse in 2019 it felt like I was in Winston Salem North Carolina. The Panhandle is NC Piedmont levels of hilly.

Central Florida, outside of Orlando like eastern Pasco County, Sumter County, inland Hernado county are quite hilly. Like I posted above, in those areas you look like you're in rural Kentucky or rural Missouri, with the rolling hills and lack of palm and pine trees. I actually love the scenery.

Old 05-09-2022, 09:05 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,147,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Florida is further away from Asia than the west coast is. The west coast has more Asians due to closer location. If Florida were in the west, the state would have more Asians.
West Coast has better jobs than FL.

Old 07-17-2023, 10:07 AM

13 posts, read 10,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
It predominantly has to do with historical immigration patterns. Florida has a long history of receiving immigrants from South America and the Caribbean, not Asia. Florida is slowly becoming more Asian as time goes by through domestic migration. My area is around 10% Asian, though I believe the statewide average is somewhere around 3%.

What is the name of your city? Do you notice asian indian there?

Old 07-17-2023, 11:14 AM

3,237 posts, read 3,194,578 times
I see Asians nearly every day during my walks in my development here in Gainesville. I just looked up the demographics and Asians make up 4.5% for the city and for the county as a whole (Alachua County) they make up 6%.

Old 07-17-2023, 05:20 PM

2,341 posts, read 2,289,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br Patel View Post
What is the name of your city? Do you notice asian indian there?
DMed

Old 07-23-2023, 08:25 AM

50 posts, read 48,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
I see Asians nearly every day during my walks in my development here in Gainesville. I just looked up the demographics and Asians make up 4.5% for the city and for the county as a whole (Alachua County) they make up 6%.
Not surprising. College towns, and tech centers, always have a higher percentage of Asian and ethnic minorities than many other areas, and even more so than the state as a whole. For example, Pittsburgh and State College, PA, have a higher Asian percentage/population than Hispanic population. Gainesville is the same as State College in that sense.

Old 07-26-2023, 10:50 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
West Coast has better jobs than FL.
There are many other Asian population concentrations outside of CA and much further east. West Coast jobs pay a lot but the cost of living for many is prohibitive. Asian immigrants highly value education for their children and tend to cluster in areas where there are many opportunities, something Florida isn't known for. Greater Boston, Metro NYC (NJ especially), Metro DC, Atlanta metro (NE suburbs), Chicagoland suburbs and the Houstin metro are standouts with 25% or more of the population identifying as Asian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida