Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 03:30 AM

31 posts, read 102,355 times

Advertisements

WELL, AFTER READING SOME OF THE COMMENTS, I THOUGHT THAT GIVING THE GREATEST QUESTION ASKED BY NORTHENERS AN ARRGUED BY FLORIDIANS. I FIGURED IDE THINK OUT LOUD... THE ATLANTIC IS WHAT EVERYONE THINKS IT IS, ONE BIG BUITIFUL BEACH AS LONG AS THE EYE CAN SEE. WITH BLUE SKYS, BLUE WAVES OF WATER CRASHING INTO THE SAND. WITH HOMES, HOTELS, AN PLACES EVERYONE ELSE WOULD RATHER BE ALINING THE COAST. THE ATLANTIC SIDE IS WHERE LAND MEETS WATER WITH PLACES LIKE DAYTONA, JAX, AN SOUTH BEACH............. AS FOR THE GULF, IT'S MORE OF A WAY OF A RELAXING LIFESTYLE. YES YOU CAN WATCH THE SUN RISE ON THE ATLANTIC BUT ISN'T NOTHING LIKE WATCHING THE SUN ((OR MOON)) SET OVER THE GULF. WITH WATERS MORE SUITED FOR BOATING AN FISHING THE GULF COAST IS WHERE FLORIDA MEETS CALIFORNIA... BUT IF I HAD TO ANSWER " WHAT IS THE BEST COAST". I BEEN TO BOTH PLENTY, SOME TIMES IN THE SAME DAY. WELL, SERIOUSLY, THE NATURE COAST IS THE BEST COAST. LOCATED ON THE GULF, JUST NORTH OF TAMPA. IT'S LIKE NO OTHER, LEAVE ME OUT ON ONE OF THE THOUSANDS OF ISLAND W/ MY BOAT, A COMFORABLE, CHAIR, A RADIO, A FISHING POLL, AN A CASE OF CORONIAS AN SEE YOU NEXT WEEK....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2006, 06:19 AM

198 posts, read 959,552 times
Shhh, don't let our secret out, then more people will move here....

Old 12-13-2006, 07:36 AM

850 posts, read 3,158,456 times
I'll take the Gulf anyday! As a matter of fact - when I die, it is my wish to be cremated and have my ashes thrown into the gulf...lol...family joke...but that is how strongly I feel about it. Nothing like a sunset over the Gulf - missing it badly right now with this yucky-kentucky weather! Ha!

KimmieyKY

Old 12-13-2006, 11:15 AM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 432,657 times
You will get hit with hurricanes every other year, very high cost of living, and won't be able to get home owner's insurance for less than $10k per year on either FL coast!

Telling you from 11 years of living in FL. This is my last (thank God)

ENJOY!!

Old 12-13-2006, 11:24 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian11 View Post
You will get hit with hurricanes every other year, very high cost of living, and won't be able to get home owner's insurance for less than $10k per year on either FL coast!

ENJOY!!
And what does the above post have to do with the topic?

Old 12-13-2006, 12:28 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,419,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufala15468 View Post
:THE GULF COAST IS WHERE FLORIDA MEETS CALIFORNIA

I am sorry but this made me chuckle. California is not a Gulf coast state. California borders the Pacific Ocean only.

As for which is best, it is all in the eye of the beholder. I find the Gulf side to be more laid back, so my preference leans towards the Gulf but really depends on my mood. Beaches and open water, you can't really lose either way. Both sides have some beautiful areas.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:49 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
That is a beautiful pic!! We have never been to the Gulf side of Fla. That's in our plans when we come down there early next year. We love the area by Daytona Beach, but I'm sure the Gulf side will be just as nice.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:32 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,158,830 times
Quote:

ENJOY!!
We opted to live in the Gulf and we accept the risk. Remember the Gulf is very large and some areas are affortable while others are not.

Please remember that our 50 states have some type of disaster that at times is as great or greater that hurricanes. I'm not taking about money, I'm taking about people getting kill by tornados, earthquakes, fires, mud-slides, blizzards, etc.

I respect your decision to move, so give everyone else the same respect. Maybe we need to look back and see how the 11 years under your belt assisted or aided Christian11 to become what you are today.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:30 AM

628 posts, read 1,833,720 times
Quote:

ENJOY!!
Christian it's a shame but it seems you are very bitter. I wish you the best of luck in your move - I hope it will bring you a better outlook on life.

PS Please be careful in the snow as there are more snowstorm related fatalities than those that relate to Hurricanes
Happy Holidays
Shores9

Old 12-20-2006, 10:12 AM

5,701 posts, read 24,158,830 times
America's Top Beaches for 2006 are:

1. Fleming Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii - National Winner
2. Caladesi Island State Park, Dunedin, Florida
3. Ocracoke Island, Outer Banks, North Carolina
4. Coopers Beach, Southampton, New York
5. Hanalei Bay, Kauai, Hawaii
6. Main Beach, East Hampton, New York
7. Coast Guard Beach, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
8. Coronado Beach, San Diego, California
9. Hamoa Beach, Maui, Hawaii
10. Barefoot Beach Park, Bonita Springs, Florida

Previous National Winners, which are excluded from the survey, are

2005 Fort DeSoto Park - North Beach, Florida
• 2004 Hanauma Bay, Oahu, Hawaii
• 2003 Kaanapali, Hawaii
2002 St. Joseph Peninsula State Park, Florida
• 2001 Poipu Beach Park, Hawaii
• 2000 Mauna Kea Beach, Hawaii
• 1999 Wailea Beach, Hawaii
• 1998 Kailua Beach Park, Hawaii
• 1997 Hulopoe, Hawaii
• 1996 Lanikai Beach, Hawaii
• 1995 St. Andrews SRA, Florida
• 1994 Grayton Beach SRA, Florida

• 1993 Hapuna, Hawaii
1992 Bahia Honda SRA, Florida
• 1991 Kapalua Bay Beach, Hawaii
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida