Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 08:08 AM

2 posts, read 27,942 times

Advertisements

I might move to Tallahassee but I am worried about crime. I don't want my wife to get raped. Why is the crime rate for Tallahassee so high? Is it safe to live in the suburbs? Is the crime confined to the "inner city"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 03:48 PM

8 posts, read 37,805 times
Default Is Palm Coast gang infested?

I read on one of the local Palm Coast forums there was a gang related stabbing at their local county fair over the weekend. Some of the locals down there say the place is gang infested and the crime is on the rise.

I have been keeping my eye on the real estate prices down there because I was and still am thinking of possibly relocating and that was one of the places. The real estate is getting cheaper and cheaper lately there, could it be the crime or is the market just ripe.

Thanks as usual, there is so much information to be had here.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:40 PM

121 posts, read 504,312 times
Just get a concealed weapon perimt and a 357 magnum and you will be fine.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:43 PM

8 posts, read 37,805 times
Quote:
Just get a concealed weapon perimt and a 357 magnum and you will be fine.
Is that serious or sarcastic? How hard is it to get a weapons permit in Florida?

I have heard several people refer to Palm Coast and say welcome to Palm Jersey but honestly there are is no gang violence nor stabbings in the part of Jersey I am from.

Dont get me wrong I understand there are good and bad everywhere, just looking for a little perspective.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:11 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,747,514 times
Palm Coast is a crappy place. Seriously, there are other threads on this city, you might want to search for them. I do hear about a lot of crime there. I would never live there. When we got to Florida we went there to check it out because online it looked good with cheaper home prices. As soon as I got there I knew in minutes I would never move there. It's not nice at all.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:18 PM

713 posts, read 2,670,760 times
Default Don't go to Palm Coast.

Heed the warnings. Look at the threads and read which towns ARE recommended. There are plenty. Some that I remember being nice are: Lakeland, Lake Wales, Clermont, Spring Hill, Brooksville. There are many more but higher priced.

Last edited by House4Sale; 04-09-2007 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-09-2007, 08:25 PM

5 posts, read 17,353 times
I believe that a lot of Florida Cities are becoming Gang Infested! Bradenton, Orlando, Tampa, St. Pete, but The Beat Goes On I guess.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:34 PM

713 posts, read 2,670,760 times
Default Unfort., we've allowed it...

by not demanding our lawmakers and politicans do something about it. People balk at the idea of picking up the phone and calling their elected officials to complain. Some say it doesn't help. (I know it DOES help). Well, we get to keep what we defend. Drug infested cities.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:37 PM

14 posts, read 65,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaNative09 View Post
I believe that a lot of Florida Cities are becoming Gang Infested! Bradenton, Orlando, Tampa, St. Pete, but The Beat Goes On I guess.

"becoming gang infested"? Bradenton's been infested since the 80's, even.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:48 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,117,325 times
Of course most cities are gang infested and have been, at least in the less than desirable areas that we all avoid anyway. Palm Coast is in a county with only 70,000 people, and it IS gang infested. Since there are very limited young folk in that small populated county, most of them must be involved. Do not go there because there is nothing for kids to do there except be in gangs. I don't blame them, at least they arent committing suicide for having been dragged to blandland by their retired parents, so I guess it could be worse. Trust me either go just north to St. Augustine or south to Daytona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida