Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 12:00 PM

20 posts, read 179,636 times

Advertisements

Anyone please help.
In my relocations search, I am currently living in Pinnellas County,and want to move. Using a search criteria of Schools, Crime, antique shops, bed and breakfasts, and tourism, I came up with MT Dora, Tavares and Leesburg, all Lake County, is this a good range of towns to check out for a family with two kids ages 12 and 15???

other areas I considered
-St Aug has too many sex offenders, I know the odds are low of offenses but just knowing there out there ruins the atmosphere.
-Tarpon Springs too twilight zone like & too many sex offenders
-Dunedin , to many grids of streets....oh and did I say too many sex offenders
-Safety Harbor, too expensive and shabby... too many SO's in surronding area

Sincerely,
Chip Douglas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2006, 01:32 PM

670 posts, read 1,743,195 times
yes,yes and yes... but keep it quiet will you!

Old 04-02-2006, 07:16 PM

110 posts, read 168,292 times
Well... It depends on how far you have to travel for work... I have friends that live in Mt. Dora, they love it, but they leave for work an hour before the rest of us to get there on time. if you work in Orlando, maybe you should look at Ocoee or Clermont. (but why you would want to move over here is a question all in itself) (are you crazy??)

Old 04-05-2006, 01:34 PM

Wink Forget Clermont

Clermont is an urban nightmare! Suzy confused me... her friends love Mt. Dora.... but why would you want to live here? Hmmh... as I said ... Shhhh... let's keep it low keyed...

Old 04-05-2006, 05:39 PM

110 posts, read 168,292 times
Bravo, hahahahahahah
shhhhhhhh Funny how the grass is always greener. I think Pinellas county is so much nicer than the Orlando area... thus the reason for my question... "why would you want to move here?" but shhhhhhhh

Old 04-06-2006, 02:05 PM

Default Shhh, Mt Dora

Okay I will keep MTD a secret , mainly to keep the Bronx, Queens, LI Smurfs from moving down and poluting the air with thier loud obnoxious voices, and NY Yankee shirts and front license plates. I moved down here to get away from that swill, (Met Fan) just kidding, but no not really,

I went to the great website called greatschools.net and you can check the school grades, demographics etc, it gives a good snapshot of a town, it looks like Tavares has better schools then Mt Dora, Clermont, Wintergarden, Leesburg etc

So thankyou for your responses and if any Joey's want to take a shot at me, go ahead

Chip (the voice of reason)

Old 04-06-2006, 02:16 PM

Talking Shhh, Mt Dora

All,
Okay I will keep MTD a secret ,

Pinellas County is okay, I live in Palm Harbor but its more expensive. I guess your right the grass looks greener, since I work from home I want to move somewhere where I can rent a 2 BDR apt or house for 900-1100 a month, is that possible in Tavares?

I went to the great website called greatschools.net and you can check the school grades, demographics etc, it gives a good snapshot of a town, it looks like Tavares has better schools then Mt Dora, Clermont, Wintergarden, Leesburg etc

Chip (the voice of reason)

Old 04-12-2006, 11:19 AM

Talking Sane Reply

Here's what I posted in another forum:

Really a triangle; Tavares, Eustis, Mt. Dora. Census from 2000 doesn't really do it justice as it doesn't reflect the changes that have occured since i.e. new money coming into the area. Multi-million dollar properties next to humble yet beutiful trailor parks. No racial tension in Lake county to speak of... and I lived in Fl 35+ years and although not on any forum, it is a BIG factor. Wildlife is all over the place...friendly people (specially those that have been here for a while... not recently transplated NYrs.)
Just don't expect a big city.
Oh... and I forgot crime index is 35! Yes, not 135.... 35!! (State average is 120.)
To that I could add a lot more...like how I could actually afford to pay for my house cash here and .... ahhh to heck with it.
This place has nothing but cows!!! Now stay AWAY!

p.s. Has orange groves too

Old 07-30-2021, 09:21 AM

169 posts, read 340,769 times
As this post is 15 years old, can anyone chime in with the current state of things in Tavares, Eustis, Mt. Dora, Clermont in terms of safety, quality of life, etc.?

Old 12-18-2023, 04:47 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,123 times
Question Leesburg to Mt Dora Corridor

What are the Pros and Cons of living in this area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida