Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 02:17 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times

Advertisements

Let's see? You are a white Crime Watch captain in a gated community and you see a young black teen wearing a "hoodie" walking through your neighborhood! Alarm bells must have been exploding in Zimmerman's head! He must have seemed threatining with a soda and a pack of Skittles in his hands! If Zimmerman were a black man and he shot a white teen to death guess where he would be? In jail!

Old 03-17-2012, 11:01 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Are some posters here still supporting the racism charge now that we know Mr. Zimmerman is Hispanic?

Old 03-17-2012, 11:42 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,522,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Are some posters here still supporting the racism charge now that we know Mr. Zimmerman is Hispanic?
I think you need to look up definition of racism.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
I think you need to look up definition of racism.
Why is that? Some have been implying (not only on this thread), that Mr. Zimmerman was suspicious of the victim because the victim was black, and the media reported Mr. Zimmerman as white.

Now that it has come out Zimmerman is Hispanic, seems the talk of race (even on the national news) and the good ole boy network protecting him has went away.

I was wondering from those who implied race was an issue, if they still feel the same now that Mr. Zimmerman has been identified as Hispanic?

Old 03-17-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Why is that? Some have been implying (not only on this thread), that Mr. Zimmerman was suspicious of the victim because the victim was black, and the media reported Mr. Zimmerman as white.

Now that it has come out Zimmerman is Hispanic, seems the talk of race (even on the national news) and the good ole boy network protecting him has went away.

I was wondering from those who implied race was an issue, if they still feel the same now that Mr. Zimmerman has been identified as Hispanic?
Racism doesn't go away if it's not black/white. His 911 call and his "they always get away" told you all you need to know.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Racism doesn't go away if it's not black/white. His 911 call and his "they always get away" told you all you need to know.
I know this, that is why I was asking others if their thoughts are still the same. The racism charge has seemed to die down a lot since it has came out that Zimmerman is Hispanic, especially on the national news.

The "good ole boy" is directed at whites, and is implied that there have been no charges because Zimmerman is white and the good ole boy mentality is at work because it is a Southern thing.

Now I am wondering from those who felt this way, if they still feel this way after learning Zimmerman is Hispanic, that is all.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
I know this, that is why I was asking others if their thoughts are still the same. The racism charge has seemed to die down a lot since it has came out that Zimmerman is Hispanic, especially on the national news.

The "good ole boy" is directed at whites, and is implied that there have been no charges because Zimmerman is white and the good ole boy mentality is at work because it is a Southern thing.

Now I am wondering from those who felt this way, if they still feel this way after learning Zimmerman is Hispanic, that is all.
Is there a picture of him?

Old 03-17-2012, 08:00 PM

388 posts, read 1,126,175 times
How can y'all have this guy convicted of murder before we know all the evidence?

It does not look like a clean shoot, but we are not privy to all the facts.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga Jerk View Post
How can y'all have this guy convicted of murder before we know all the evidence?

It does not look like a clean shoot, but we are not privy to all the facts.
What is known is he pursued a kid who had a soda and candy bar and ended up shooting him to death.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:33 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:

The "good ole boy" syndrome extends beyond being white, particularly if one is studying law enforcement (which usually results in becoming a cop) at the local community college in the Sanford Police Department's jurisdiction...which is reportedly what George Zimmerman was doing at the time of the incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida