Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 4,231 times

Advertisements

Hi i am moving to Florida with an 18 years old and a 17 year old i was wondering what your opinions are on Palm Coast or Deltona or both. I am also a hair stylist. My 18 years old is in college at the moment so i am also wondering what colleges are close to these cities. What high schools are really good down here as well? If not Palm Coast or Deltona i would like an opinion on where to move. I am moving so i can be close to my family and they live in Orange City Florida. Please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 10:25 AM

4 posts, read 14,397 times
Congratulations. Deltona is a little closer to Orange City. I live in Palm Coast and have been very happy with this area. It has a robust community, a good high-school system; and demographics maybe a little better for your line of work.

You can connect with the local residents here, on the Palm Coast facebook page

Old 12-05-2011, 07:11 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,971,352 times
^^^ I agree of the two Palm Coast would be a better demographic and definitely better schools in general. Some sections of Palm Coast are a bit dicey (the P and R sections where street names start with either letter).

If you're trying to move closer to Orange City you might consider Lake Mary, which is just 18 miles from Orange City. It's a very nice area with affordable housing and it's very safe. City of Lake Mary, Florida Lake Mary High School is excellent http://www.scps.k12.fl.us/portals/0/assets/pdf/schools/information/FCAT_LakeMaryHS.pdf (broken link) and either Seminole State College Seminole State College of Florida Home Page or the University of Central Florida
University of Central Florida are an easy commute.

Good luck!

Old 12-14-2011, 11:24 AM

6 posts, read 14,448 times
Default Palm Coast

I am also considering buying a condo in Palm Coast in a community along the west side of the Intracoastal off the Palm Harbor Parkway. Is this a decent area?

Old 12-14-2011, 01:43 PM

258 posts, read 614,977 times
Palm Coast has become a Cess Pool of poor and lower class people.

The local city Gov bought TV time in poor areas of New York City, and ran commercials advertising cheap land and homes ... and the trick worked.

You have a lot of low class New York Immigrants now living in Palm Coast.

It´s an amazing thing ....

Advertising works and they fooled a lot of people.

The negative, the area has been labeled a cess pool now.

Drive around, and you´ll see for yourself.

Don´t forget to lock your doors and pack heat.

Good luck ... ( you´re gonna need it when you drop your life savings there ).

Old 12-14-2011, 07:31 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,802,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kurtz View Post
Palm Coast has become a Cess Pool of poor and lower class people.

The local city Gov bought TV time in poor areas of New York City, and ran commercials advertising cheap land and homes ... and the trick worked.

You have a lot of low class New York Immigrants now living in Palm Coast.

It´s an amazing thing ....

Advertising works and they fooled a lot of people.

The negative, the area has been labeled a cess pool now.

Drive around, and you´ll see for yourself.

Don´t forget to lock your doors and pack heat.

Good luck ... ( you´re gonna need it when you drop your life savings there ).
LOL, sounds like Deltona too.

The OP needs to rent for a year to get a feel for any place.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:07 PM

2,042 posts, read 1,606,466 times
Sounds like a lot of places in FL.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:21 AM

Below is a link of some factual information versus "random speculation". You'll notice that the southern half of Palm Coast has a higher crime rate than the northern half. The violent crime rate is among the lowest in the state, but the property crime is much higher. I would wager it's bored teens versus career criminals as many areas of Palm Coast are low density and far from things to do. The Town Center area (the northern half) from Palm Coast Parkway on up to Marineland is very nice and would recommend checking it out.
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 12-28-2011 at 06:15 AM..

Old 12-16-2011, 08:06 AM

6 posts, read 14,448 times
The condo we are looking at is in a community along the ICW just east of the canal streets. It's called Tidelands on the Intracoastal. I think they call it the C-section of town. We used to live in Broward and Palm Beach Counties. Palm Coast can't be as bad as down there.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psness View Post
We used to live in Broward and Palm Beach Counties. Palm Coast can't be as bad as down there.
Exactly! It's a beautiful, quiet area and will provide a nice change from South Florida. Disregard the Negative Nancys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida