Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 04:31 PM

227 posts, read 856,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Exactly! It's a beautiful, quiet area and will provide a nice change from South Florida. Disregard the Negative Nancys.
Totally agree. As a former So. Floridian myself, Palm Coast is much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 09:31 AM

155 posts, read 349,058 times
Default Palm Coast/Deltona and local gyms

As bad as the economy is in Palm Coast, it beats Deltona. Also, you would probably not be happy in Deltona unless you are Hispanic. If you're Hispanic, you'll love it. Now that's not a bad thing, just an observation. The one thing we don't have is a decent gym. I have heard rumors of Planet Fitness and or Lifestyle Family Fitness location in Palm Coast but nothing yet! Just little mom and pop operations.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:41 PM

3 posts, read 4,199 times
I am also a single mom looking to relocate to Florida this summer and am between Sebastian and Palm Coast. I have 3 children; 15,11,8. I am a medical assistant and will be looking for work. I am so confused where to go...any help would be appreciated since I am all the way in NH.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:13 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsies View Post
I am also a single mom looking to relocate to Florida this summer and am between Sebastian and Palm Coast. I have 3 children; 15,11,8. I am a medical assistant and will be looking for work. I am so confused where to go...any help would be appreciated since I am all the way in NH.
In your instance I would vote for Sebastian. Palm Coast has a well documented lack of employment options and is quite far in terms of a commute to other cities. Sebastian is halfway between Palm Bay and Vero Beach (30 minutes or less either direction) should you not find any job possibilities in Sebastian itself.
Sebastian is a safer community overall too, lacking the pockets of places to avoid like in Palm Coast. Sebastian River High School has an IB program which is a fantastic opportunity for learning and college prep and something I would recommend to any parent who wants their kids to succeed.

International Baccalaureate

Old 06-03-2012, 10:00 AM

2,414 posts, read 2,988,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Sebastian is a safer community overall too, lacking the pockets of places to avoid like in Palm Coast.
I love Palm Coast and feel safe here, but I don't know anything about Sebastian at all, so I looked it up here on City Data. They say that it has a high crime rate. https://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...n-Florida.html. I'd like to see a comparison with Palm Coast, but I can't find it listed here.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:47 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
I love Palm Coast and feel safe here, but I don't know anything about Sebastian at all, so I looked it up here on City Data. They say that it has a high crime rate. https://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...n-Florida.html. I'd like to see a comparison with Palm Coast, but I can't find it listed here.
Actually it's not that high, reread the stats. Sebastian's crime rate is at 210. Scroll further down and see the comparisons. Palm Bay's crime rate is at 261, Vero Beach is at 291 and West Melbourne is at 302. I couldn't find Palm Coast's crime info on City-Data either but did on another site. Sebastian is as safe as Palm Coast. The crime per square mile stat skews favorably for Palm Coast because of it's massive size and quantity of undeveloped land in comparison to Sebastian which is much smaller.

Town Center 32137 Palm Coast, FL Neighborhood Profile
City Center Sebastian, FL Neighborhood Profile

Old 06-06-2012, 02:50 PM

16 posts, read 39,954 times
The Palm Coast has a lot of medical offices and the Flagler Hospital appears to be expanding. I can't be sure if they are hiring. Being near a larger medical environment may be helpful.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhib80 View Post
Hi i am moving to Florida with an 18 years old and a 17 year old i was wondering what your opinions are on Palm Coast or Deltona or both. I am also a hair stylist. My 18 years old is in college at the moment so i am also wondering what colleges are close to these cities. What high schools are really good down here as well? If not Palm Coast or Deltona i would like an opinion on where to move. I am moving so i can be close to my family and they live in Orange City Florida. Please help.
Deltona has some good areas,don't move over by howland blvd, hear,to much crime,to dark and to much traffic,my home is for sale on Maguire st,4/3/2,also there are so decent colleges,depending on GPA and what you want to spend,Stetson great college very old,Daytona state college,ucf,and few more,palm coast is having financial problems,I heard,and Orlando lots crime,brevard county good but since we moved away in 2000,lots of crime lately in news,so check areas,schools,and neighborhoods,don't rely on realtors,they will tell you anything to make sale for commission,that how we got screws,never bought from realtor's and never again,ruined our lives for 8 yrs since we moved back to fl,changed for worst?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida