Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 08:34 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times

Advertisements

Don't the French wear tunics? That's what I see older women wearing, color-coordinated with pants, and I see some of that in catalogs, too. A long, shaped tunic looks pretty good on anyone. Those big billowy blouses, including the one the vlogger considers "chic", aren't something I see women wearing. I don't know where she got that idea.

Who are these videos for, anyway? French women? North American women? "Western" women in general? Maybe she's picking up on regional styles around the US and/or EUrope, but outfits like that purple number aren't anything I've seen women 60+ wearing. Maybe in Florida or the Mid-West?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2024, 08:43 PM

3,067 posts, read 2,395,814 times
Tunics are fine if you're tall. They make us medium or shorter women look like our legs have shrunk.

You've never seen women in those horrid clam diggers? I've lived in Denver and Indianapolis and those things are everywhere in the summer.

Old 03-23-2024, 01:15 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
Tunics are fine if you're tall. They make us medium or shorter women look like our legs have shrunk.

You've never seen women in those horrid clam diggers? I've lived in Denver and Indianapolis and those things are everywhere in the summer.
Blackpool a seaside resort is jam packed with older women in these silly cut off trouser shorts or whatever the hell they are.. who thought these were a good idea..they make women look ridiculous... but like an older woman uniform on holiday...just no.... ugly...I dont know if better or worse than what they used to wear.... floral dresses with a white cardigan and white sandals ..another Blackpool staple from the past... even as a young girl I said...Ill never dress this way when Im old and never will..

Old 03-23-2024, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Blackpool a seaside resort is jam packed with older women in these silly cut off trouser shorts or whatever the hell they are.. who thought these were a good idea..they make women look ridiculous... but like an older woman uniform on holiday...just no.... ugly...I dont know if better or worse than what they used to wear.... floral dresses with a white cardigan and white sandals ..another Blackpool staple from the past... even as a young girl I said...Ill never dress this way when Im old and never will..
Give us a fashion show, Dizz!

Old 03-23-2024, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. There is no one-size-fits-all solution; I should know that.

Old 03-23-2024, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Give us a fashion show, Dizz!
hahahahahah... Im not mega fashionable. and dont follow fashion Ruth but I know what suits me and what to wear...

Old 03-23-2024, 07:30 AM

22,568 posts, read 47,624,621 times
Quote:
I know what suits me and what to wear...
And THAT is what matters, more than what a YouTuber pushes for views and $.

Old 03-23-2024, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
And THAT is what matters, more than what a YouTuber pushes for views and $.
thank you Pitt Chick.. agree..

Old 03-23-2024, 09:05 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,492,377 times
Quote:
I'm a proud wearer of capris in the summer. Luckily, I dress for me and not for anyone else. There are times I don't want to wear long pants, and I look horrid in shorts, so capris are the compromise.

I'm curious ... what do you think they should be wearing?

Old 03-23-2024, 10:14 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,643,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I laughed when I saw the first frumpy outfit as it's so common amongst middle aged and elderly women. Marie-Anne Lecoeur shows women how a few simple changes can make you look chic using clothes you already have. You can still be comfortable in hot weather, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyYs5v1Ri5U
IDK I wear what I want. Free People and Everlane tops, shirts, pants and jeans, sweaters from Banana Republic and there is no way I've giving up my Birkenstocks-I have 90 pair and love them all.

I do have dozens pairs of Tod's drivers and loafers and same for Ferragamo flats.

Some might think I don't dress for my age - 68 (thank God I don't) or dress weird. I say, the weirder the better.

I wear Alexis Bittar jewelry every day, pride jewelry and a few bits of Kendra Scott. Italian sandals and purses from Everlane and Marc Jacobs. Throw on one of my three Hermes scarves for a bit of flair.

Lucky to just not care what others think of me, no one to impress.

Get old, but don't get boring! - Iris Apfel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty