Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2023, 02:27 AM

1,824 posts, read 796,358 times

Advertisements

Pajama bottoms & flipflops were a “thing” in SoCal 20 years ago, also Ugg boots with shorts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2023, 06:48 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,492,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
Not in Los Angeles or Dallas. Most people don’t even wear sweatpants in Los Angeles or Dallas.

May be in Fairbanks or Anchorage.

Oh yes, I can attest that plenty of people in LA have worn pajama pants for years. Maybe not flannels, but they've most definitely been wearing pajama pants.

Old 08-26-2023, 07:20 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,590,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
Not in Los Angeles or Dallas. Most people don’t even wear sweatpants in Los Angeles or Dallas.

May be in Fairbanks or Anchorage.
What? lol.

Where do you live, curiosity?

Old 08-26-2023, 08:13 AM

1,230 posts, read 989,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
Pajama bottoms & flipflops were a “thing” in SoCal 20 years ago, also Ugg boots with shorts.
Okay I was not in LA 20 years ago so may be parts of LA they where wearing pajama pants.

Also when I was in SoCal I would say San Diego seem more casual than LA.

Old 08-26-2023, 10:14 AM

10,890 posts, read 7,373,369 times
I love cotton knit pants, they're super comfortable, easy to wash, are modest...
Why on earth do some people have a problem with them?

There are plenty of fashions that are uglier or more unattractively revealing, but y'all pick on pajama pants!?!?!?

Old 08-26-2023, 01:16 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,963,616 times
I don't see it much in my area, so the times I saw it, I thought it's just someone being tacky. Didn't know it was a trend. & it's always been a young person (teen to 20 something).

I assume you're talking about the obvious-looking, flannel PJ pants & not the flowy, silky type upscale-looking pants that could be PJs.

Old 08-26-2023, 03:01 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,553,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
You’re just now noticing? This has been going on for YEARS. Maybe even decades?
Yup, I was thinking the same thing. This has been going on since the early 9os.
I remember when (Gen X) girls started going out in pajama pants in the early 9os. It was still kinda cutting edge.
And as those Gen Xers have all grown up, it has become completely normalized now to see women (of all ages and sloppiness) out in public pajamas.. and not just Wal*Mart & 7-11, everywhere.
Most of the time (imo.) it's tacky, but.. sometimes it'll look cute

Old 08-26-2023, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I don't see it much in my area, so the times I saw it, I thought it's just someone being tacky. Didn't know it was a trend. & it's always been a young person (teen to 20 something).

I assume you're talking about the obvious-looking, flannel PJ pants & not the flowy, silky type upscale-looking pants that could be PJs.
No not in my city not even at Walmart.

And not even homeless in LA or Dallas. The 95% people in Dallas do not wear sweatpants that alone pajama pants. Some times on the Dallas south side you get some ghetto types in sweatpants or pajama leggings but that is it in Dallas is more dress up types.

The beach areas of LA is bit more casual of people in T-shirt and shorts and some sport wear but inner city is more Jeans.

Old 08-26-2023, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Yup, I was thinking the same thing. This has been going on since the early 9os.
I remember when (Gen X) girls started going out in pajama pants in the early 9os. It was still kinda cutting edge.
And as those Gen Xers have all grown up, it has become completely normalized now to see women (of all ages and sloppiness) out in public pajamas.. and not just Wal*Mart & 7-11, everywhere.
Most of the time (imo.) it's tacky, but.. sometimes it'll look cute
Where is this Denver,Fairbanks or Anchorage or PY.

Old 08-26-2023, 03:42 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I love cotton knit pants, they're super comfortable, easy to wash, are modest...
Why on earth do some people have a problem with them?

There are plenty of fashions that are uglier or more unattractively revealing, but y'all pick on pajama pants!?!?!?
I think it's the message the wearer gives off. So unmotivated that you couldn't be bothered to change out of what you slept in.

I don't think anyone is talking about just plain "cotton knit pants", but plaid flannels, fleece with Xmas or cartoon patterns, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty