Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 10:32 AM

11,402 posts, read 5,960,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I lol'ed at the "pod/lizard people".

That was a great post, Igor.
Well they do!

When you smile or laugh, your cheeks move and your lips get nice wrinkles around them that show you are happy. It is non-verbal communication. The skin on your chin moves a little bit. You see all of those beautiful healthy muscles beneath the skin doing their things.

I saw a recent video of Nicole Kidman at 55 years old. Her face was so solid with little movement, she looks like she is some alien ET made replacement clone of Nicole Kidman, but they don't have the technology to make it quite right.

She looks disgusting.

But I am OK with old Hollywood actresses ruining their faces in vanity, even if I still hate it. I have seen plenty of beautiful actresses age into their 50s who are still attractive, age lines and all. I much prefer it to the plastic mannequin face.

What I abhor is the women 20 to 35 years old doing this. They have youthful faces, and then screw them up in this asinine quest to eliminate a single wrinke or two that God gave us for effective non-verbal communication. These little dimples and wrinkles are often "cute" and even add to a young lady's attractiveness.

Now you have yound women who have had 10 cosmetic procedures by the time their 21. By the time they are 30, you can't look at them anymore. Yuck. Sickening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2024, 09:40 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Botox, and men need more than women.
I don't have a line on my forehead, and I don't ever plan on it either.
I have been getting botox for 10 years, it lasts 6-7 months, the more you do the less you have upkeep.
In this day and age when they have things like fillers and botox, why not.
I don't want to be wrinkled and am not about to when I don't have to.

It makes you look well rested and refreshed, I'd rather have botox than food. LOL.

Forehead is frozen, it doesn't move, love it.

Old 03-24-2024, 10:20 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsss8791 View Post
I have had forehead wrinkles from my 20s and now in my 40s would like to remove them. My first preference would of course be naturally but doesn't seem to be happening even though I have used retinol etc. The 2nd option is laser skincare or botox. Laser seems to be more expensive but not sure what would be more long lasting and less painful?
You have an iron don't you? Just iron them out.

Seriously though, talk to a dermatologist for your best options.

Old 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM

3,180 posts, read 1,654,323 times
I've had forehead wrinkles popped up but I think it's not as bad as it used to be once you lose weight and eat healthy. Your skin will tighten up and firm up naturally. Diet and health is the biggest make over instead of makeup and cosmetic surgery. People who get botox will end up with an even worse face if they don't fix their diet.

Old 03-25-2024, 02:45 PM

3,249 posts, read 1,739,106 times
When I look up in the mirror, I see wrinkles. When I look down, the wrinkles almost go away.

Old 03-25-2024, 10:11 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Wrinkles are expression lines. All Botox does is prevent you from creating wrinkles or making the ones you have deeper. Get it twice a year and in between use sunscreen, vitamin C serum, moisturizer with niacinamide.

Invest in a red light mask like Omnilux which repairs skin. Nira Pro laser will gradually erase the lines.

Then as your skin improves, train yourself to not lift your brows or frown. Then you won't need Botox.

A few wrinkles look natural if you are over forty but no one wants a deep, network of wrinkles.

Devices usually go on sale around Thanksgiving and Mothers Day. Since Mothers Day is sooner, maybe sign up for emails from the companies so you are notified.

https://omniluxled.com/

https://www.niraskin.com/products/nira-pro-laser

Old 03-26-2024, 08:53 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Brow wrinkles to me are nice on a man.. but if they get you down why not do laser treatment.. seems to have good results..
They are NOT nice if this poster doesn't want them on his face! That's all that matters.

Without seeing your forehead, it is a little difficult to say. Men generally, have thicker skin that women. Sometimes their treatment plans differ, for this and for other reasons.

Is the flesh between the wrinkles thick and puffy? Have you had these wrinkles before you reached maturity? In your teens or before? Or very early 20s? Are the wrinkles almost like ridges?

If I could see a picture, it would be help me to give you a suggestion. The best thing you could do, would be to see several practitioners. Two or three. Look at their credentials and reviews. Ultimately, choose who you feel most comfortable with and who has the best credentials.

Off the top of my head, get a good facial with extractions and a peel. Get this from a licensed esthetician.

AFTER the peel, see the practitioner. Mack facials a part of your skin routine. At least every 2-3 months.

Procedures I'd recommend include Three cool peels. Botox, which prevents the wrinkles that you have from getting deeper and more permeant. Sculpture, would also be something I would look into.

Botox is withing the reach of most middle class people today.

I live in Ohio. Botox costs anywhere from $9-$15 per vial. Dysport is the same thing as Botox but it's a little less. Ohio is an inexpensive place for cosmetic enhancement. NY and SoCal are costly.

If you have pictures, please post. I hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty