Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 04:02 PM

215 posts, read 211,061 times

Advertisements

Im a man and Im only comfortable wearing white cotton socks.Ive always dressed in white cotton socks since I was a kid.My sister tried to get me to wear thin black nylon socks once and I remember I just hated wearing them.What made it worse is that she later confessed that they were actually womens black business socks.Does anyone else refuse to wear socks that are not white cotton only?Or is it just me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 04:31 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,927,723 times
Wear them proudly!

Toby Jones seems to wear white socks whenever I see him on talk shows.

From the Graham Norton show, the only talk show I like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymAeEhjMMJ4

Old 03-05-2022, 05:28 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastVigilante View Post
Im a man and Im only comfortable wearing white cotton socks.Ive always dressed in white cotton socks since I was a kid.My sister tried to get me to wear thin black nylon socks once and I remember I just hated wearing them.What made it worse is that she later confessed that they were actually womens black business socks.Does anyone else refuse to wear socks that are not white cotton only?Or is it just me?
Do you know they make black cotton socks, too? If you wear white socks with long pants and anything other than sneakers, you will look totally dorky. Maybe you don’t care, just sayin’.

Old 03-08-2022, 09:47 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,233,334 times
Quote:
Is just out of style, black color is better IMO.

Old 03-12-2022, 10:57 AM

1,462 posts, read 972,935 times
Suggest changing your name to TheLastWhiteSockVigilante!

Old 03-12-2022, 11:39 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,330,509 times
I hate white socks. They look ridiculous in anything other than jeans and/or shorts. They also look dingy after a few washings. For jeans/shorts I wear black low cut ankle socks. They look great until they wear out.

Old 03-12-2022, 03:50 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
I hate socks in general. I wear white no show socks with sneakers, and black cotton socks with my black dress boots, but other than that, I prefer to be sock-less.

Old 03-12-2022, 05:20 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,402,577 times
I'm with ya, dude. I much prefer cotton for all of my clothing. Socks, underwear, shirts and pants (usually jeans).

My work gave me a bunch of button up polyester shirts that they wanted me to wear, and I just can't do it without a cotton t-shirt underneath. It just doesn't feel right. I once got a free t-shirt from somewhere that looked just like a normal cotton one, but it was some kind of mostly synthetic fabric and it seemed to make me sweat and stink more than usual. Not sure why, but there's just something not right about most synthetics to me.

I've often heard the saying "cotton is rotten", and many experts recommend against cotton for athletic or cold weather gear, but I don't care. For me, cotton is what it's got to be.

As other's have said, get yourself some black cotton socks if you need to wear fancy shoes and/or clothes. Thay don't have to be the thin ladies variety either.

Old 03-13-2022, 03:18 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:
What kind of socks? Athletic thick (crew) or casual thin?

Cotton socks come in all colors. No need to wear white socks to business suit.

Socks should be cotton only. Polyester makes the feet sweat and promotes blisters and athlete's foot (tinea pedis)

100% cotton is hard to purchase. Most have small % of elastic to keep the socks in shape. But that's perfectly ok if it's less than 10%
My socks are only natural fabrics. It could be cotton, bamboo or wool in winter.

Old 03-13-2022, 06:19 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,219,107 times
I wear 6 pocket shorts, white cotton socks and work boots. At 68, I'm fine being a comfortable dork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty