Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 10:05 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,977,781 times

Advertisements

Saw this on MSNBC yesterday regarding all that people do to try to maintain a young look. IMHO, people (women AND men) always seem to look worse than before when they have certain procedures done.

Look at the celebrity before and after pics as well. Some just look horrible now (i.e., Priscilla Presley, Joan Rivers, Kenny Rogers).

Pursuit of youth isn’t always pretty - Buying Time? - MSNBC.com

Another peice of advice: If you have had plastic surgery, you might want to come clean with the person you may want to marry and have kids with. I have a friend (male) who had a nose job a few years ago who met his wife and had twins. He never told his wife about the nose job and both babies (now 3 years old) came out with his huge original nose. The wife was so upset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 12:59 PM

253 posts, read 1,107,427 times
Exclamation Whats your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
If you have had plastic surgery, you might want to come clean with the person you may want to marry and have kids with. I have a friend (male) who had a nose job a few years ago who met his wife and had twins. He never told his wife about the nose job and both babies (now 3 years old) came out with his huge original nose. The wife was so upset.
Thats absolutely ridiculous! Are you sugessting that the woman wouldn't have married the man had she known he had a big nose in the past? Any woman who is basing who she marries soley on their looks is an idiot pure & simple.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
Thats absolutely ridiculous! Are you sugessting that the woman wouldn't have married the man had she known he had a big nose in the past?
Im not saying that. She still would have married him. But a person really should be honest about stuff like that. Im mean, he had close to a Jimmy Durante type nose. She is pretty shallow though - BMW, big Prada Glasses, two Bugaboo strollers, etc. that type. She should have at least known that the father of her kids had a "unique" physical trait that was covered up by surgery. She would have known that it was possible that her kids would have this nose as well.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:21 PM

253 posts, read 1,107,427 times
Angry I just don't agree with your view

Quote:
Im not saying that. She still would have married him. But a person really should be honest about stuff like that. Im mean, he had close to a Jimmy Durante type nose. She is pretty shallow though - BMW, big Prada Glasses, two Bugaboo strollers, etc. that type. She should have at least known that the father of her kids had a "unique" physical trait that was covered up by surgery. She would have known that it was possible that her kids would have this nose as well.
Well I like designer name brand stuff. I have plenty of Prada, Dior & any other top designer that is out there.I would have a bugaboo once I have a lil one & Im all about the Saab or BMW convertible but I live in the city & don't need a car. Once i get to the point of needing one thats exactly what i plan on getting. To me that doesnt make me shallow it just means that I like nice things. However there is a MAJOR difference in that & judging& choosing a lifemate based on looks. To me that seems unbelievably stupid.
I dont think a person needs to disclose whether or not they had a nose job & if you are dating someone that needs to know that before hand its most likely someone not worth dating. when I married my husband his looks where not the sole reason for us getting together & although I find him attractive he does have flaws as we all do. If I found out he had some sort of cosmetic procedure before we got married it wouldnt matter to me because beauty fades. As far as for when we have children the most important things to me are that my children are mentally & physically healthy & normal. Those are the only things i would want him to disclose about his medical history before we have children if he have any physical or mental defects that are hereditary in his background. Those are the only important details. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder & most physical flaws can be fixed nowadays. In my opinion you sound just as shallow as you say your freind is by suggesting people need to disclose cosmectic procedures to their partners before getting married. It sounds like you feel unattractive people should not reproduce without full disclosure. Thats pretty nervy & shallow if you ask me.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:09 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,453,798 times
I think a person's looks are WAY more significant than superficial accoutrements like cars and brand name "things". I could give a fig about what name is on my sunglasses, but I'll be darned if I am going to have an ugly baby with a Jimmy Durante nose. I don't believe in plastic surgery, and I would most definitely want to know if my future hubby had any work done if I were planning to procreate with him. I don't believe unattractive people should not procreate, but I don't want to be involved with it. It's like getting together with someone and them not disclosing that they have a genetic disorder. Really isn't fair.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:46 PM

Im just sayin'. I kind of agree with the wife on this one. She's not threatening to divorce him or anything like that but, I would definately like to know about something like that if I was having a baby with someone. It has nothing to do with choosing a mate solely on looks. It DOES have to do with if you are going to have a baby with your spouse that you discuss things like hereditary family illnesses, backgrounds, physical characteristics, etc. When my wife and I decided to have a baby, I told her that my father was your typical Irish looking guy with red hair and freckles so there would be a chance that our baby would have this. I told her this so she wouldnt be shocked if our baby had this. She did the same to me when she told me that her grandmother who was from Siberia looked very Chinese. Imagine the shock that I would have been in if my baby came out looking very asian. Its always good to know.

BTW, when you do have a baby, go with the Bugaboo Cameleon. I have one and its sweet.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:08 AM

172 posts, read 769,520 times
Quote:
Im just sayin'. I kind of agree with the wife on this one. She's not threatening to divorce him or anything like that but, I would definately like to know about something like that if I was having a baby with someone. It has nothing to do with choosing a mate solely on looks. It DOES have to do with if you are going to have a baby with your spouse that you discuss things like hereditary family illnesses, backgrounds, physical characteristics, etc. When my wife and I decided to have a baby, I told her that my father was your typical Irish looking guy with red hair and freckles so there would be a chance that our baby would have this. I told her this so she wouldnt be shocked if our baby had this. She did the same to me when she told me that her grandmother who was from Siberia looked very Chinese. Imagine the shock that I would have been in if my baby came out looking very asian. Its always good to know.

BTW, when you do have a baby, go with the Bugaboo Cameleon. I have one and its sweet.
I totally understand what you are saying and yes the Bugaboo Cameleon is awesome. I don't have children yet but bought one for my best friend who just had a baby. That thing is awesome.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:30 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,623,889 times
Interesting link. Could Kenny Rogers,Bruce Jenner or Wayne Newton look any worse? How about Joan Van Ark What desperate people!!

Old 04-26-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westindian View Post
I totally understand what you are saying and yes the Bugaboo Cameleon is awesome. I don't have children yet but bought one for my best friend who just had a baby. That thing is awesome.
Wish you were my friend. We actually received two as gifts from my wife's friends and kept one. My friends only gave us $20 gift cards.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:08 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,991,541 times
When I was young I used to think I would get a face lift when the time came.Well,it has come,but having seen results like these for years I have changed my mind! I would rather do my best to look my best and just look my age, than to end up looking like I am trying to look younger and no longer look like I originally did! Everyone knows when someone has plastic surgery,no one is fooling anyone.I really no longer see the benefit or the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty