Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 05:17 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,006,893 times

Advertisements

Put any lotion on your heels then wear closed in shoes with sox for a week or so. My feet are always wonderful in winter because I am wearing closed in shoes. In Summer when I am bare foot or in flaps is when my heels become yucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 02:38 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I can't seem to eliminate the cracks on my heels. They are not open or raw but just plain unsightly. I've tried Dr. Scholl's Heel Repair but that did not work. Also tried putting on lotion or oil and wearing socks overnight...no cigar. I've just ordered a product from Avon which has lidocaine on it but have not received it yet. I've seen other products from Walgreen's that advertise ingredients containing Eucerin which was good for my breasts while undergoing radiation. Anyone tried a product worth buying?
I get them all the time on my heels too, because I walk around with sandals, flip-flops, open toed heels, etc. most of the time during the warm weather months. It's a pain in the butt! But I have a foot file that I use every time I take a shower. It seems to work very well, when I do it everyday. My heels are looking nicer these days. And I just keep putting lotion on too.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:41 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
To the OP, have you tried any of these suggestions and did they work?

If not, here's another idea. I use a medicine about once a week or so that my dermatologist prescribed. It's called keralac cream or ointment and it just sort of melts that icky skin away.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:19 PM

79 posts, read 458,569 times
Default Heels

Hiya,

Skin, heels and cracks.....why?
This is why............

The skin on our body is there to protect us from infection and harm.

if you have a job that needs you to use a pen all day, you get a form of hard skin on your finger? this is because your pens rubs all day...so the body assumes it needs to protect that area and reproduces hard skin to naturally to protect.

Its the same with heels, knees, elbows, hands and any part of the body that is used so much so hard skin forms.

how to get rid of heel cracks and hard skin....moisture every eve before bed...do not use harsh file or ebrasives without cream..this will only encourage more hard skin to form. do not cream between toes this will only form infection due to damp enviroment. when skin is moistured with creams it will eventually assume that its not needed to harden the area and will soften in time...take care.

GinnyGin Uk

Old 04-30-2008, 11:13 AM

845 posts, read 2,743,420 times
What always works for me is vasoline and some socks at night. It's cheap and very effective. It transforms your feet in a matter of days. Works better than any specialty foot cream.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:20 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,977 times
I have to agree with the posters that mentioned the Ped-Egg. This is truly wonderful, my feet now look and feel so smooth for the first time in years. I use it every couple of weeks and use Miracle Foot Repair cream (CVS) every night.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:26 AM

14 posts, read 56,350 times
Default Use a PED EGG

I had the same problem with my heels, that no moisturizer, pumice stone or costly pedicure would rid me of. I tried the PED EGG that I purchased from HSN and it's the BEST thing I've used.

Try it and follow up with a little moisturizer, you'll be so glad you did. I no longer feel uncomfortable when my honey wants to rub my feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty