Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 08:37 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,867,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
I have Crocs that just look like a regular flip flop, you wouldn't even know they are Crocs brand. They are so comfortable! But the garden clogs scare me.
I HAVE THOSE!!! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If your going somewhere for the entire day walking like an amusement park they are THE BEST thing to wear and don't make your foot ache. They have a WONDERFUL support in them. Reef's have some of the same types but not as "bulky" as the Croc's. I have a VERY HIGH arch along w/ (gads, showing my age, planters somethingorother that has a HORRIBLE pain on the bottom of my heel and those Croc sandals are awesome). The little "bumps" actually massage your foot. There are some other shoes made by a line called Oka B that are really cute (okay, I'm a 40-something year old woman wearing sandals w/ a bow on them ) but they have the same "bumps". OH, and I just looked them up to link and they have a "PINK" edition out. They are made by Okabashi and I have the Madison Oka B in chocolate w/ the sage ribbon w/ polka dots (2nd link).
Untitled Document
(darn, you can see the main page but they are updating right now)

Oka B. Shoes that love you Hot Chocolate Madison Sage Ribbon | Gift Selections NC (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 10:01 PM

30 posts, read 71,758 times
Omg did everyone forget about parachute pants?
How convenient!

Old 02-07-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickandCO. View Post
Omg did everyone forget about parachute pants?
How convenient!
My husband had a pair of red parachute pants back then. He NOW has a pair of black parachute pants that he wears for the 80 parties we go to. It looks GREAT w/ his black Members Only jacket, red polo w/ collar turned up and skinny black tie that is too short. LOL!!!

You CAN still buy these. He just can't find a pair of red ones that come in his current size.
He was bird legs back then.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:30 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,121,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
I happen to think Crocs are the ugliest things. I wouldn't be caught dead in them. When I first saw them I thought the person wearing them was handicapped but too broke to buy a leather orthopedic shoe.
I don't like Crocs either, except on my kids (who adore them) so I can't comment on them being more comfy than the jelly shoes, but I always had blisters from those evil little diamond shaped cutouts!

This is the best thread that I've read in a long time. How could I have forgotten the banana clips??? I wore them in my waist length CRIMPED hair all the time. It was like a faux hawk for the back of your head.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:33 AM

267 posts, read 1,835,683 times
I always hated polka dots. I remember that being popular when I was a kid. Big ugly polka dots. Bubble skirts, skirts with leggings or biker shorts, big floppy bows in the hair.

Fashions of the 80's....what were we thinking?

Oh, and one more...Starter jackets. Those were sooooo popular during my middle school and high school years. Could be 150 degrees outside and kids still wore them.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:27 AM

253 posts, read 1,106,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv80s View Post
I always hated polka dots. I remember that being popular when I was a kid. Big ugly polka dots. Bubble skirts, skirts with leggings or biker shorts, big floppy bows in the hair.

Fashions of the 80's....what were we thinking?

Oh, and one more...Starter jackets. Those were sooooo popular during my middle school and high school years. Could be 150 degrees outside and kids still wore them.
I had a bunch of polka dot outfits wit M.C. Hammer pants as a child in the 80's I looked like a displaced clown!

Old 02-08-2008, 11:28 AM

941 posts, read 2,302,814 times
Older Trends that Seem So Funny Now-0bf8_1.jpg [ATTACH]Older Trends that Seem So Funny Now-user-image-1197850847_thumb.jpg[/ATTACH]Older Trends that Seem So Funny Now-kid_n_play.jpg Older Trends that Seem So Funny Now-checkerboardlacing66.jpg Older Trends that Seem So Funny Now-puma-bourne-clydes-9.jpg Back in the day.
Attached Thumbnails
Older Trends that Seem So Funny Now-closet_1985_51555958.gif  

Old 02-08-2008, 12:57 PM

267 posts, read 1,835,683 times
No kidding, me too! Remember those plastic chain charm necklaces? It usually had a tennis racket, fried egg, pacifier and some other goofy stuff on it. The more charms you had on it, the cooler you were. I wonder how many kids choked on those stupid charms. Don't forget jelly braclets!

Old 02-08-2008, 01:02 PM

841 posts, read 4,839,226 times
Default big bangs

Bangs teased so high that I went through a can of Aqua-Net extra super hold hairspray every couple of weeks.
Van Halen jeans...acid washed with huge verticle stripes (WTF was I thinking?)
Banana clips and spiral perms

Old 02-08-2008, 01:13 PM

Need to buy some parachute pants?

The Original Parachute Pants Store (http://parachutepants.stores.yahoo.net/ - broken link)

And for the sum of $117.44 USD you too can buy a Members Only Jacket
***MUST be black. Any other color and you were just TRYING to fit in and failing

Members Only Jacket [47777] - : Discoo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty