Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 12:23 PM

459 posts, read 769,463 times

Advertisements

I just noticed something though about my weight gain. My butt says about 1 inch bigger than my hips below it and my stretch marks actually go sideways not vertically suggesting I my butt gets wider as I gain weight not neccesarily larger but I feel more fat there than I was 30 lbs lighter. I hink I have high hips. So I guess I actually do gain on my hips an not my butt. So I guess I do gain like an hourglass just not obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 01:15 PM

687 posts, read 617,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
That sounds closeminded to me not everyone wants to present as male or female only for the rest of their life. I personally don't. The way I present is in twofolds not just one I would never limit myself.
It is confusing that you say you want to present more masculine but also want an hourglass figure. Are you asking how you can appear more feminine just when you want to despite having a more masculine figure and identity? I don't mean this to be at all rude just trying to clarify.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:05 PM

10,245 posts, read 6,338,778 times
Although I am an old woman now, I suppose I have been and still am an hourglass. My bust and hips have always been the same, give or take an inch. My waist always been at least 8 inches smaller. I suppose there can be differences though. I am full busted (32 DD), but have bigger hip bones and small butt. Had a 7 lb. breach baby with no c-section and women I have know with smaller babies and bigger "hips" had c-sections. It's all in the BONES, and not the butt. lol The few times I have gained weight (no more than 5 lbs.) it has been a little here, a little there, and not in any one area.

Basically, you are born by your genetics with these shapes: Hourglass, Apple, Pear. You just become lighter or heavier versions of them.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilide View Post
It is confusing that you say you want to present more masculine but also want an hourglass figure. Are you asking how you can appear more feminine just when you want to despite having a more masculine figure and identity? I don't mean this to be at all rude just trying to clarify.
I have always been told my figures more feminine actually but yeah I like dressing to compliment my figure both ways I have a masculine way of thinking but I don't really mind dressing either way clothing really mean nothing to gender identity since in many cultures men wear dresses. So to me it says nothing able my mentality really.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:19 PM

My bad

Old 10-27-2014, 01:45 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,357,150 times
Quote:
I'm just wondering. I have problem. I don't fit any of the four main body shapes that clearly. I am really top heavy. 36-23-33 with 38" shoulders I'm a 32D but wear size 0s I think.

I'm not an apple because my waist is the smallest area. But I'm not an hourglass glass as my bust and shoulders are bigger than my hips. I don't really want to minimize my bust and shoulders. I like the look it gives me my shoulders are slim well defined and wide it gives me an athletic look but my hips are just a lot smaller looking. How can I make it look wider? I have a shapely butt so it's not a problem of a flat butt just the front on line up. My waistline is well defined due to both my shoulders and hips drastic measurement in comparison it's just a matter of my hips being 3 or 5 inches smaller than my bust or shoulder respectively. How can I look proportioned well in jeans or skinny jeans?
Your waist to hip ratio is 0.69 which is the ideal for a healthy fertile attractive female.

Get a breast reduction job and you will be in proportion.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:25 PM

20,417 posts, read 14,709,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Although I am an old woman now, I suppose I have been and still am an hourglass. My bust and hips have always been the same, give or take an inch. My waist always been at least 8 inches smaller. I suppose there can be differences though. I am full busted (32 DD), but have bigger hip bones and small butt. Had a 7 lb. breach baby with no c-section and women I have know with smaller babies and bigger "hips" had c-sections. It's all in the BONES, and not the butt. lol The few times I have gained weight (no more than 5 lbs.) it has been a little here, a little there, and not in any one area.

Basically, you are born by your genetics with these shapes: Hourglass, Apple, Pear. You just become lighter or heavier versions of them.
I don't necessarily agree with the last part. Before kids I had very skinny hips, flat bottom, and bigger bust. After kids (both of which I breastfed) my bosoms lost their robust shape and 1-2 cup sizes (depending on the make of the bra) and my hips got a bit wider and stayed that way. I have a little more of a bum now. I did not gain much weight and remain at a slim build.

When I think of hourglass figures, I think of some of the women I've known who got into "corset training" and also a (sometimes nude) model I know of who goes by the name of Hex Hypoxia. I won't link to any photos of her because any site she's featured on is probably very NSFW but she has about the sexiest waist to hip ratio I've ever seen. I think she must have used corsets to get that way, but I could be wrong! She could just naturally have such an unusual build. I've never seen another woman shaped quite the way she is though.

I have a keen appreciation for a generous variety of female looks and shapes, maybe it's from being an artist all my life, I love beauty and find it almost everywhere. I can enjoy what I see without wishing I looked like that. I'm content with myself. And corsets look pretty but aren't comfortable to wear in my experience...

Old 10-27-2014, 02:29 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,703,787 times
Don't worry, as long as there are guys without curves they cannot expect to have women with curves. They get what they seed.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:55 PM

4,567 posts, read 5,435,630 times
Quote:
What is an hourglass figure? How to get one?
Ines Sainz, Sports Reporter from Mexico has an hourglass figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5DyaaHc5-A

How do you get one? You are either born with it, or you can create it with proper diet and exercise routine that is both squat and high intensity cardio heavy.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:18 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,090,252 times
Ines Sainz has more of a pear shape. Her hips are wider than her chest...or at least in most of the pics that I've seen of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty