Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2013, 11:46 AM

303 posts, read 540,121 times

Advertisements

My sister was big into Vera Bradley growing up (still is) so I got a lot of them as gifts. I like the luggage but not really the purses. I have three really nice genuine leather purses (two are Coach) but all three were birthday or graduation gifts so I probably wouldn't have spent the money.

My travel/daily bag is Nine West, it was $20 and I love it. And my travel bag is Kelly and Kate. It's regularly $80 but I got it at half-off. I like the two tone look of it and its a good carry-on size because I can put my little Nine West right inside of it.

Nine West Tunnel Covertible Cross Body Bag | DSW
Kelly & Katie Two Tone Tote | DSW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 11:51 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
As it much as it takes to get what I want. 1000-2000. On average I stay in the 100-200 price range. I adore designer bags and refuse to buy any thing less. I on occasion do buy vera Bradley for the beach or to take downtown. I normally buy coach buy I also have Louis vuitton bags and plan on buying more as well as gucci and balenciagia.
It is interesting that you are in incredible snob about purses but eat breakfast at McDonalds every day (according to another post of yours).

Old 09-24-2013, 03:33 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
It is interesting that you are in incredible snob about purses but eat breakfast at McDonalds every day (according to another post of yours).

Why? McDonald's is superb.

I'd spend no more than $60.....but I don't buy purses. I don't lurk in forums to pick on ladies, either.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:51 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,052,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Up to $90 for a second-hand, Made in USA leather bag on Etsy or eBay. This accomplishes two things:

1. Gives a quality leather purse a new home.
2. Keeps my money out of the new-retail stream.

I have to add:
It's amazing what passes for "long-lasting" on this thread. "Oh, I buy XXX Brand all the time! The last one I bought, it lasted me practically two solid years!"

<RANT> People, quality things should last for decades, if not generations. Has no one taught you that? <RANT>
This is so true - I buy most of my handbags on Etsy and eBay.....I always get compliments on my vintage purses....and being able to resuse something of quality and beauty is a plus. My latest purchase is a Chanel inspired black leather shoulder bag (roomy) with a woven gold chain and leather strap....it's a classic look and in perfect condition.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:54 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I have had good experiences with my Coach bags. They have lasted a while, and for the one that didn't, I sent it in for repair, and Coach gave me store credit for the full value of the bag. After I had it nearly 2 years.

I am a fan for life, since they exhibited excellent customer service in our disposable society.
Thanks for answering. Customer service is worth it sometimes.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:23 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
It's amazing what passes for "long-lasting" on this thread. "Oh, I buy XXX Brand all the time! The last one I bought, it lasted me practically two solid years!"

<RANT> People, quality things should last for decades, if not generations. Has no one taught you that? <RANT>
Haha. I consider my 2 year old Coach bag that broke a lemon. My aunt is on year approximately 30 on hers. She got it in the 80s.

In retrospect, I wouldn't have taken it in for repair. I loved it. One of the rolled leather handles "snapped" and had an indentation that wasn't going away. For whatever reason Coach couldn't fix it. But it wasn't a big issue. Lesson learned. The other Coach bags I have range from 1-6 years old.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:41 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Generally $30 - $50. But I'll admit to splurging a handful of times over the years. Not often. I don't think I've ever spent more than $150. Sometimes I just can't find what I want in a less expensive style (I tend to prefer a plain not "blingy" look, must have exterior cell phone pocket,not too big, not too small etc) so if I finally find something that fits the bill, I'll sometimes just suck it up. I have a couple of "name brand" bags that were gifts as well.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:53 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
As it much as it takes to get what I want. 1000-2000. On average I stay in the 100-200 price range. I adore designer bags and refuse to buy any thing less. I on occasion do buy vera Bradley for the beach or to take downtown. I normally buy coach buy I also have Louis vuitton bags and plan on buying more as well as gucci and balenciagia.
Just purchased two Bal Work bags this week. I've got my eye on a third, but I'm trying to be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nifear View Post
^
I just spotted a few Balenciaga's on RueLaLa that caught my eye
I'd be cautious with RueLala. There have been instances of them selling fake items (purses, sunglasses, etc..)

Many of the BBags on the site have Giant 21 hardware which was discontinued by 2012 and no longer available at retailers as far as I know. (Not to say they're not real, but I just haven't seen any G21 sold on other sites in quite a while.)

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 09-25-2013 at 01:02 PM..

Old 09-25-2013, 12:59 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,860,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I'd be cautious with RueLala. There have been instances of them selling fake items (purses, sunglasses, etc..)

Many of the BBags on the site have Giant 21 hardware which was discontinued by 2012 and no longer available at retailers as far as I know.
Yikes! I know they sell out of season product, but never knew about fakes.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:21 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
My mother in law used to buy me purses every year for christmas and guess what they are all gone now cleaned out when I did a move several years ago . I put them out at a garage sale and got over 500 for all of them . I sold every last one of them . I dont know why she bought them all the time I was never a purse girl anyways . I personally have never spent over 40.00 for a bag and that was a messenger bag which I like better anyways . Mother in law is gone and so is the husband .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty