Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 01:01 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,398,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Crossfit, running clubs, martial arts.

I've participated in all three of the above and can totally vouch for how great they are socially. I've been to at least 20+ weddings of people who met, dated, and fell in love doing the above activities. I think they are all absolutely perfect not only as great workouts, but as you asked for, great social workouts where you can meet really cool people.

This. I would add cycling to the list, as well. Lots of "group rides" out there to participate in. Many in my area seem to end up at breweries afterward, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 01:47 PM

201 posts, read 195,445 times
HI Mattywo85,
Yes, cross fit's number 1 virtue is they are very supportive. You could check out more than one to see what might be the best fit. Many cities through their park and recs department have adult sports teams, both competitive and non competitive (for fun) of all different sports from badminton to kickball, soccer, you name it. Softball etc. If you like the water- water exercise is awesome. The US Masters swim group gets together for lap swimming (you don't have to compete, masters refers to people out of high school- age).

Run groups are very social often going out together after runs- again check several before quitting, each group has a different personality. Group fitness classes of any type tend to be social as well. I know Zumba people are very friendly and about having a good time. Triathlete clubs are social but to me too serious. There are often groups that meet up in outside workouts. Many gyms such as Crunch or Anytime Fitness might have a group that does Obstacle Course racing together but it depends on the gym. There is also a webpage I think called meetup which lists a bunch of activities from crafts to walks, workout pals whatever and you can search for ones near you.

It's great you are taking the time to find an exercise that fits you. Too many people don't realize how important that is.
NG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a place to have more of a social workout experience. I go to a traditional gym now with weights n treadmills and everyone keeps to themselves. There are group classes but they aren't offered that much. I have been looking into CrossFit as it seems more group like and supportive. I honestly am not a big fan of CrossFit but maybe I can be. Anyone have other ideas of social gyms or ideas?

Old 03-18-2017, 10:59 AM

9,853 posts, read 13,711,985 times
How about an Orange Theory or a Camp Gladiator (depending on where you are in Arizona there might be a CG).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness