Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 04:32 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,747,607 times

Advertisements

I just wander around and find many lovely small places. Have you been into the Jewish quarter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 05:25 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,723,058 times
The better part of Paris is monotonous, the bad part is diverse in a scary way,lol.

Old 08-19-2017, 05:50 AM

123 posts, read 103,957 times
Two British women I saw in Paris were beautiful

Old 08-20-2017, 08:19 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,368,039 times
I think, yes, Paris is arguably monotonous, but it is an incredibly gorgeous monotony. Venice, too, is monotonous, I guess, with a uniform style. Same with Florence. All beautiful cities, though.

Berlin, Warsaw, Rotterdam, certainly aren't monotonous. But they're incredibly ugly.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:49 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,391,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I think, yes, Paris is arguably monotonous, but it is an incredibly gorgeous monotony. Venice, too, is monotonous, I guess, with a uniform style. Same with Florence. All beautiful cities, though.

Berlin, Warsaw, Rotterdam, certainly aren't monotonous. But they're incredibly ugly.
I was in Berlin and Warsaw two years ago. Didn't think they were ugly. We saw beautiful parts of both cities. Maybe you are jaded?

Old 08-27-2017, 10:51 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,368,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I was in Berlin and Warsaw two years ago. Didn't think they were ugly. We saw beautiful parts of both cities. Maybe you are jaded?
No, Warsaw is ugly. If you think Paris is "monotonous" and Warsaw "beautiful" I think we have very different conceptions of beauty.

Paris is arguably the most beautiful major city on earth, while Warsaw undoubtedly one of the ugliest. Giant commie slabs, cheaply built, by Stalin in the postwar era, do not compare to the gorgeous Haussmann-era Parisian apartment houses.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:59 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,748,117 times
Quote:
No, Warsaw is ugly. If you think Paris is "monotonous" and Warsaw "beautiful" I think we have very different conceptions of beauty.

Paris is arguably the most beautiful major city on earth, while Warsaw undoubtedly one of the ugliest. Giant commie slabs, cheaply built, by Stalin in the postwar era, do not compare to the gorgeous Haussmann-era Parisian apartment houses.
Berlin is not pretty either.

Even a non touristy city like Lille or La Rochelle is prettier than Warsaw.

Old 08-27-2017, 11:39 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,391,920 times
Quote:

I never said Paris is monotonous. That was another poster. I am headed to Paris soon BECAUSE it is so BEAUTIFUL. Been there before and enjoyed the fact that the architecture blends from district to district. I don't find it a boring look at all.

We were in east Berlin and saw many lovely areas, especially Museum Island. I've never seen a large older city that is completely beautiful.

Lazienski Park in Warsaw is lovely (76 hectares) and the long, elegant shopping street, Nowy Swiat, is impressive, with a number of beautiful buildings.

I did live in a planned community in FL that was totally beautiful, until they annexed the next door community, which was old, ugly and had cheap housing. It was too bad that the name of the beautiful city was also tagged to this much lesser area.

Last edited by staywarm2; 08-27-2017 at 11:48 AM..

Old 09-01-2017, 10:29 PM

2,230 posts, read 1,723,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Berlin is not pretty either.

Even a non touristy city like Lille or La Rochelle is prettier than Warsaw.
La Rochelle is a hidden gem.

Old 09-02-2017, 05:28 AM
F18

542 posts, read 530,443 times
Quote:

Lol, you clearly haven't travelled much. Paris is overrated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe