Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:44 AM

51 posts, read 134,767 times

Advertisements

So how was your weather yesterday, and today so far?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 12:36 PM

430 posts, read 1,339,504 times
It was cold and windy. I live in the NE and it was VERY gusty. Got down to 27 degrees I think last night.
Today is a bit chilly but nothing like yesterday. We actually had snow flurries!!

Old 02-11-2009, 01:13 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,118,738 times
Very, very cold and extreme winds. We live on the east face of the mountains (up off Alabama) and it was fierce, all day and night. My dogs hated it - too cold to go out and too many things going bump in the night. I was worried I wouldn't be able to set my garbage and recycling bins out this morning. That's a headache in itself with the high winds.

Today is a different world - the sun is shining and the winds are calm compared to yesterday. Happy days are here again. LOL

But, from watching CNN and reading posts on another board, we are very fortunate here in El Paso. OK had major tornadoes/flat winds cause major damage in many areas.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:38 PM

53 posts, read 187,654 times
You'll find that the weather is a bit different between East El Paso and West El Paso. The mountain divides these 2 areas thereby affecting weather patterns. I think you'll like living on the Westside. I grew up in the westside but have not lived in El Paso since 1979.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:52 PM

730 posts, read 1,895,048 times
Pretty good, especially compared to yesterdays winds. Sunny and "brisk".

Old 02-11-2009, 01:55 PM

51 posts, read 134,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
Very, very cold and extreme winds. We live on the east face of the mountains (up off Alabama) and it was fierce, all day and night. My dogs hated it - too cold to go out and too many things going bump in the night. I was worried I wouldn't be able to set my garbage and recycling bins out this morning. That's a headache in itself with the high winds.

Today is a different world - the sun is shining and the winds are calm compared to yesterday. Happy days are here again. LOL

But, from watching CNN and reading posts on another board, we are very fortunate here in El Paso. OK had major tornadoes/flat winds cause major damage in many areas.
ZSP, do you guys get tornadoes in ELP?

Old 02-11-2009, 01:57 PM

730 posts, read 1,895,048 times
Default That would be...

...no. But I was told we don't get a lot of rain either. Can't discount anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michchix View Post

Old 02-11-2009, 08:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
So how was your weather yesterday, and today so far?
NOTHING like what they get in other places. It probably got down in the 30's at night, maybe in the 50's in the day. It was a bit breezey so it felt kind of cool. Today was warmer than yesterday.

A lot of people got excited about the big snowstorm we had yesterday but people in most parts of the country would laugh and say that was just a little snow flurries. I think we had a tiny dusting of snow in December -- that's it for the winter here.

It's 48 degrees now, which is very cold by El Paso standards. Soon the nicer weather will be here.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Once in a century or so there might be a tornado sighting. We have incredibly mild weather here.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post

You have to keep in mind that to most people very very cold is something like 20 or 30 degrees below zero -- for the highs.

Yesterday was cool enough for a sweater or sweatshirt. It's never wise to put all your sweaters away until March here. It can be in the 70's one week and then down in the 50's for the highs a week later. The nights can dip a little below 30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso