Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2008, 12:09 AM

10 posts, read 100,547 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I'm back, went on our first cruise earlier this month, had to some penny pinching and can collecting to do. Now it's time for ghost stories, haunted houses and whatnot.

txrattler, would like a little more infor on your group. Where you meet, who I can contact to possibly join in an investigation, what kind of equipment you use, that sort of thing. I need to do my own home investigation also. By the way, has anyone here heard of "Charlie". Kind of a "game" where pencils are used, you ask questions and "Charlie" answers them. This is kind of freaky, we asked "Charlie" if my daughter-in-law was pregnant, the pencils moved to the "yes" position. This was maybe around the holidays, at the end of Jan. she found out she was pregnant.

If anyone knows anything about this, would sure like to hear more about it. I have a ghost already, don't want to be inviting more. I'll go on ahead and post what my husband and kids have seen and felt and my own shadow sighting, but I'll end this segment for now.

Last edited by midnight soul; 02-28-2008 at 12:14 AM.. Reason: Grammar correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 12:54 AM

We live in Sunland Park, some years back, maybe mid to late 70's, I overheard my husband talking to his dad. I caught just bits and pieces of the conversation, so later on while at home I asked him what they were talking about.
He went on to tell me that a few nights back he had suddenly woken from a deep sleep to find someone standing beside our bed. A young man, dressed in what looked like maybe 50's clothing, just staring down at us.
My husband, instead of being scared, found he was inraged and started to sit up with every intention to (pardon my french) beat the crap out of the guy. To his amazement, as soon as he started to get up, the young man disappeared!
Needless to say, this is when my brave husbands' blood ran cold. He laid back in bed and reached over and hugged me, said a prayer and tried to fall back asleep.
Our house is part "barraca", well, most of it. Our living room is the only part of our house that was added on. I have no idea where the main part of house came from so I have no way of researching what happened in the old part of our house. The original owners have long since passed away.
My children as well as their spoused have also had unexplained experiences. From hearing voices, being touched, things moving, to my son who has seen something actually sit by a friend.
I believe we have an intelligent haunting, I don't think it's residual. There was a time a few years back when we were thinking of moving. During this time if I had money in my purse, it would be missing. We would hide money in places no one would think of looking, like in the barrel of a rifle (my husbands' from Korea). When we needed it, it wasn't there. At first it only happened to me, then my husband started having money taken from his wallet. I even slept with money in my pillow case, after getting up in the morning and getting the day started I would make the bed, when I stuck my hand to retrieve the money, it wasn't there! I'm not talking about $100's, $20, $40, $10, whatever I had in my wallet. I think it didn't want us to leave. Eventually we stopped talking about moving as our finances wouldn't allow.
Got some other experiences to post and your opinions about them are welcome. It's getting late so I'll end for now. You all have a great day and keep those stories coming, love to read them.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:43 AM

11 posts, read 47,676 times
Cool stories.....I have my own little one as well.

I used to work for Insights Science Museum a few years ago (ugh...that place is such an embarrassment to El Paso, but thats a whole other thread!!) ... a lot of the employees had some kind of ghost experience at the museum, which I thought was stupid and because I was still really skeptical about things like that.

I worked in the admissions/gift shop -- one morning while standing in the lobby, I started to unlock the front doors because time to open the museum for the public. I stuck my key into the lock and something caught the corner of my eye in the entrance to the main gallery.

The lights were still off in the main gallery, but what I saw freaked the HECK outta me...in fact, it still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up...... just a few feet beyond the entrance I saw an Indian man standing tall, with his arms crossed, in full Indian costume - - just staring straight at me.... I went back to unlocking the front door, then I realized what I had just seen...

I looked back into the gallery right away but he was gone, so I bolted upstairs.. I was way too scared to be alone downstairs! Because it was early in the day, the secretary and director were the only other people in the museum and they were in their offices upstairs, so it couldn't have been someone pulling a prank.

I contacted the lady who does the ghost tours here in EP to tell her that there had been a lot of activity at our museum (others had seen a lady in white, a kid in a striped shirt who would disappear into the walls, shaking and slamming of doors, things disappearing or being moved when no one else was around, voices, etc). She told me that the whole area -- City Hall, Insights, part of the Civic Center, and the Main Library -- used to be an old cemetery for soldiers...and THAT was actually was built on top of an old Indian burial ground. She also said that there have been a number of other Indian 'ghost' reports from downtown, so she wasn't surprised by my story at all. FREAKY! I went on the ghost tour that year, it was lots of fun.

Last edited by BlkCatWillow; 03-01-2008 at 02:00 AM..

Old 03-05-2008, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 8,299 times
Smile Six poless.??

in el paso, theres his place called six poles.

supposedly theres six huge poles where they used to hang people.
and behind is a small house. Satanic rituals used to take place there. Its abandoned and you can go inside...

ive heard its in soccorro
but i dont know what street.
anyone know..??

Old 03-05-2008, 08:33 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,950,515 times
I can take you to a couple Ritual places on the east side.. no wait I cant they are covered by house s now.. the one in North East is still there in the storm Drain.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:16 PM

Hey txrattler, was hoping you could help me out with a suggestion as to what is the best recorder to buy for EVP's. Hope it's not too expensive, I was thinking maybe around $50-$60, PC compatable of course. Any particular brand you suggest? We plan on doing our own ghost hunting here at home, don't want to spend too much on a recorder but would like to be able to hear and isolate what/if we capture anything. Would love to join your group on one of your investigations sometime.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:51 AM

72 posts, read 596,465 times
Default Hello Again

Hello El Paso. Sorry again for such a long delay in responses. Thank you all for your suggestions, we really do appreciate it. Midnight, don't try to buy the most expensive equipment out in the market. Use whatever you have already available. Evidence of paranormal activity has been recorded with something as common as a digital camera. (Even the digital cam on your computer may provide evidence of activity.) Please do be careful when conducting EVP seminars. I know that a common and popular approach is to try to provoke a spirit, but try to find out if this spirit is just a spirit or something much worse. Provocation is not always necessary.
As far as EVP evidence, you can find digital recorders that are computer compatable for as little as $15. If you are interested, I can look up the dealer we bought our equipment from. That is how much we paid for our Digital recorder software included. I know it is located somewhere on Market street and Hawkins. Expensive does not always mean better. Any kind of video camera will work. If you want the extra features of editing equipment for your video camera, then I suggest a digital video camera but shop around. I personally downloaded sound editing software free of charge from the internet. Do your homework, and you may be surprised just how much is out there for very little. I hope that I answered all of your questions. I will respond to your direct message as well. Thank you El Paso for sharing all of your experiences with us. If you are interested in helping PITT grow and having a little fun and excitement on your spare time, think about joining the crew. You can e-mail me directly at txrattler76@yahoo.com, or just leave a message here. Thanks again.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 8,275 times
all your stories are pretty cool but the have one flaw.....it seems that you guys are all believers...
well, i'm new to this and the reason i joined this forum is because ( quite a few times )i've been in places and around people that at "that very moment" have seen or experienced something hardcore that for some reason i always seem to miss.......i want to believe in supernatural things (i really do ) but don't.

an event happen on the far side of the eastside by Horizon city. lots and lots of people say that some cults used to preform rituals when that side of town was way beyond the limits of El Paso....

le me tell you what happen.......
it all started when i got together with a group of friends to go off-roading just to kill some time. if you have ever been in that side of town, you know that you can find a lot of trails that can really get you lost. we decided to hit a trail that took us maybe 15 mins into the desert when we came across this abandon house. this was a wierd looking house that seemed to have separate storage rooms on the back, along with a horse stable.....we decided to go into the property and explore...as soon as we got out of the truck, there was this coldness that gave all of us the goosebumps, wich i tought it was pretty weird because it was during the day. we decided to check out the back of the property first because it seemed like a perfect place to go painballing with out getting in trouble. when we went to the back we saw a water tank overflowing with water......"there is no runnig water in that area".....we know this because we all used to live in that side of town. we decided to ignore it and continued exploring.

as we walked around the house, we saw lots of rabbit, birds and all kinds of bones all over the place. finally we decided to go inside the house. the door was unlocked. as we went inside, the door was about to slam behind us but one of my friends was able to grab it. he says it felt like someone was pulling in....the house inside looked to be in a really good shape for being empty. everything looked normal until i opened the pantry. i don't know why but i noticed a loose board on the floor. i lifted the board that acually opened a secret compartment.....it was a 5 by 5 adobe room about 8 feet deep. we thought it was weird because the was no latter or stairs to go down there, just a room.
finally at dawn, we headed back home.

we told a couple of our friends about it and didn't believe us. we decided to take them to see it for themselves. by this time it was dark.

once again, we were there. this time with new people that like us were like WTF!!!!
we showed them everything. the water tank the bones around the house, the room under the pantry. being such good friends they decided to throw me into the house and holding the door to freak me out. i decided to play along casting any ghost or demon to show themsleves kinf of mocking the death.....i thought i was fuuny. finally my friends opened the door. as we walked back to the car, we saw that ( i won't say his real name ) "John Doe" was just standing there facing towards a hall way outside the house. we all thought he was "f-ing" with us. a couple of us went to get him. when we got him, it was like he had woken up from a shock. all of the sudden he started crying and could talk.

on our way back home, he keep saying that he saw the devil. that he saw a guy with a animal head.........ask yourself this. what guy wants to let all his guy friends see him crying like a little girl?....."john doe" did not go to school for a couple of days. from what i know and what he told us, he was spending all that time at church. this event that started with a couple of guys goofing around changed "John Does" life. let me just put it this way. before that, he was one cool down to earth guy. after that, his attitute changed, he is always getting himself in trouble and even his family don't really want to have anything with him.........

last time i went to that place, it was burned and completely destroy..
i havent been there since. if any of you want to investigate the place i'll be more than happy to give you directions or even take you there........don't believe me......trust me, theres at least 6 witnesses.

the reason i "want" to believe is because it happen. the reason i don't believe is because i did not see it.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:03 AM

Default Believe or not belive, that is the question...

greese_monkey, I think it realy doesn't matter if you believe. "John Doe" had the experience, and HE knows what he saw. Some times we don't all see or experience what someone else does. My son has seen things that others don't, yet I do not doubt that he has seen them and that whatever was there, was there. He once saw a black cat in a house we lived in, in McNary. He was in the dinning room doing something and I was in the living room about 5 feet away, when all of a sudden he got up and started looking around. I asked him what he was looking for and he said a cat. I'm like, we don't have a cat, he said he saw a black cat go into the kitchen. We searched the kitchen and the rest of the house and found nothing! He has also seen "something" sit next to a friend, he actually saw an indentation on the couch next to her. She never saw a thing, but she believed him.
By the way, what would your reaction be if you ever did have your own personal paranormal experience? There are things we do not see, yet we believe in fervently, are these things any less real?
Sorry, getting too deep here. Maybe some day, you will have your own experience and it will turn you into a believer. Until then, just have a great life and don't sweat the small stuff .

Old 03-08-2008, 11:55 AM

Hi, i'm midnight souls grandaughter Meagan. Once the whole family came over to my grandma's house for a get together. My two cousins Joel and Gordo were taking pictures in my grandma's house. Us kids, were playin a game close to the Oujia Board. One of my cousins Joel took a picture under my grandma's bed, and we looked at the pictures. My mom noteiced a face infront of the toolbox there. She says it looks like indian. Now on Easter, my grandma, Joel, and I are going to investigate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso