Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 05:32 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,447,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Sounds like an unruly teenager teaching her friends how to sneak out of the house! That's too funny...
At a year old she pretty much is a teen!!! LOL Very acurate comparison!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 05:39 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,074,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Hand him the phone and the number for Pizza Hut.

No wonder I'm not married...
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! (There are many days when I would like to call Pizza Hut... for myself.)

And on that note, I just heard the oven beep. Sigh...

Goodnight everyone.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:11 PM

18,129 posts, read 11,772,186 times
Thanks Keeper! You're the Bestest!

I'm smiling, feeling right at home here.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:19 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,302,543 times
So does this mean we have to only talk about poop in the Artie threads and nothing else? Hmm, I'll start researching the types and colors of poop right now, though I have a feeling Dawn beat me to it!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:25 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,125,818 times
Poop is a much discussed subject at my house

Old 11-19-2009, 09:34 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,431,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
Poop is a much discussed subject at my house
You'll fit right in here, then!

Old 11-20-2009, 05:56 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,501,027 times
OK, here's a weird one.

A couple of nights ago, I heard Tonka wandering through the kitchen. It sounded like he was on his way into the living room, but he never arrived so I got up to investigate. I found him licking the front of the dishwasher!!!!! Actually, when I walked in the room he stopped "mid lick" and his tongue was just sort of stuck to the front of it.

After I stopped laughing (the look on his face was priceless!!!) I started to wonder why he would do that. It hadn't been used recently, so no food residue (it is just DH and I at home so even though we have a dishwasher we don't use it unless we have company). It had been several days since my last thorough cleaning, so there shouldn't have been any residue from cleaners (and he didn't get sick, either, so that's a good thing).

But, WTH? Why would he do that? Or is he just a weird, weird dog?

Old 11-20-2009, 06:07 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,074,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctribucher View Post
OK, here's a weird one.

A couple of nights ago, I heard Tonka wandering through the kitchen. It sounded like he was on his way into the living room, but he never arrived so I got up to investigate. I found him licking the front of the dishwasher!!!!! Actually, when I walked in the room he stopped "mid lick" and his tongue was just sort of stuck to the front of it.

After I stopped laughing (the look on his face was priceless!!!) I started to wonder why he would do that. It hadn't been used recently, so no food residue (it is just DH and I at home so even though we have a dishwasher we don't use it unless we have company). It had been several days since my last thorough cleaning, so there shouldn't have been any residue from cleaners (and he didn't get sick, either, so that's a good thing).

But, WTH? Why would he do that? Or is he just a weird, weird dog?
HAHAHAHA!!! Artie does something very similiar -- if it's not the dishwasher, it's the floor, or the wall, or something else ridiculous.

That stopping "mid lick" is definitely the funniest part. He looks at me all, "What? It's quite delicious." And then, with a "more for me" attitude, he goes back to his licking, sometimes looking up at me as he continues to lick the [whatever].

Funny pooches, we've got.

PS. Now I'm wondering if it's a beagle thing because I've been told that there's no way that Artie is Lab/Corgi -- that he's definitely Lab/Beagle or Lab/Beagle/Bassett.

PPS. I wonder what they would think if WE started licking the dishwasher.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:44 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,231,067 times
My funny story..

My adopted dog Bernie loves Gabby the weimarner. (see profile pic) He is always one step behind her. Well she also likes to dig especially around the privacy fence. I have fixed several of her master pieces. The other day I was getting ready to go out when I realized Bernie was not in the house or the yard. I was so upset because I figured if he got out he would be long gone. I went to get into the car to start my search when I heard this whinning. I called his name and sure enough he came to the edge of the fence and stopped even though he was on the outside. He was all wet and muddy. I almost didn't recognize him. I went to get him and there he was trying to figure out how to get back under the fence. Silly boy couldn't leave his girl behind. It is so touching.. He was abandoned at the shelter and she is a puppymill reject.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:45 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,231,067 times
If you all want to change the name of this thread.. give me a new name!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs