Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:36 AM

11,398 posts, read 24,471,338 times

Advertisements

Yes, she seemed happy to see him. He did tell me that he tried to treat his hunting dogs like pets so they'd be friendly and gentle rather than wild. He was happy to see her too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 06:14 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,224,264 times
That's good to hear. Guess at least she is with other dogs at his place and not all alone in a pen. The owner was probably too lazy to get her until he thought she would be put down.

Old 03-30-2007, 06:31 PM

389 posts, read 3,539,815 times
What a great story! Thank goodness for people like you who make the effort and don't just leave this animal that seems like it was obviously a well cared for.

On another note if this ever happens again, you can take the dog to any shelter or vet clinic and have the animal scanned for a microchip. Often, they're not chipped, but when it's a dog that seems like it would be pretty important to the owner, it may be.

Thanks for sharing this awsome story

Old 03-31-2007, 02:07 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,790,342 times
Default YAHOO Ellie!!! Fantastic NEWS!

Hey Ellie, I received your PM late last night when I went online. I tried PM'ing you back with some information and advice since I've been doing animal rescue for quite a few years now. I was really tired and hit submit or reply (whatever the darn word is on PM to transmit) and 'poof' , I got the error message page . Only to green arrow back and have everything I wrote gone .

I just got back on now (24 hrs later) to see CD went to a new server on 3/29 and that is probably why I had problems . I also see you have this great news!

Anyhow, so glad to hear you had a HAPPY ending . And although I live in a huge "hunting" state, I am not a hunter. But I do know that dogs love to work and the reason most bark and tear things up etc is boredom. So at least hunting dogs get to do what they were bred to do and that is better than a lot of dogs lives of living on a chain or alone in the backyard and never walked etc because they 'have the yard' .

Old 03-31-2007, 06:18 AM

11,398 posts, read 24,471,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
The owner was probably too lazy to get her until he thought she would be put down.
No, it turned out that his phone number had been changed, so the one on her collar was wrong. It was a coincidence that he went to the shelter.

And yes Turtle, the first thing the woman at the shelter did was scan her for a microchip.

If I live in the country again I'm gonna get me a squirrel dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs