Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:11 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,132,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaP730 View Post
It looked like the cherry eye pictures...but white instead of red. It also disappeared as quickly as it seemed to appear, which seems to fit the cherry eye description (that the 3rd eye lid can pop back in like it popped out). Thanks for all your help!

Yes, cherry eye can look "white" rather than red. One of my Boston Terriers has had it occur 3 times in her four years and each time, it went back in after I applied a wet, warm cloth. Unless it stayed out all the time, I don't want it surgically repaired.

If you are satisfied that it's nothing to see the vet for, of course, it's your call. I didn't run to the vet either - I belong to a couple of dog message boards and have learned so much from fellow posters and their experiences and had seen cherry eye before.

Hope your pup is ok and I'm glad I could help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs