Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2023, 08:05 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW R1100 View Post
No, I like dogs, really I do
No you don't. Anyone who likes dogs wouldn't KICK ONE REPEATEDLY just for "humping" a kid. I would take the dog by the collar, and gently lead it back to its owner... see, because unlike you, I actually do like and care about them. Even one light kick would be MAYBE understandable, but you admitted to doing it "as hard as you could" three times. Those are the actions of a dog hater, and one with poor control of their emotions.

Last edited by gizmo980; 03-30-2023 at 08:18 PM..

Old 03-30-2023, 09:26 PM

7,492 posts, read 3,223,452 times
/\__/\
(=o.o=) *
|\_/| /
(”)__(”)_/

Old 03-31-2023, 06:43 AM

7,324 posts, read 4,118,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
That is called abuse, aka animal cruelty, since the child wasn't actually in physical danger - at least not enough to justify kicking the poor dog three times as hard as you could. I would have reported you to the police if I'd witnessed this live. You are not capable of managing your emotions, least of all with a dog. Please never get one, in fact I hope you don't have any pets.
Yeah, I would have called the police too.

Kicking a dog is no different from kicking a person. You can damage organs and break ribs. Who does that?

Old 03-31-2023, 12:14 PM

778 posts, read 503,975 times
I would have kicked the dog's owner, but I didn't know who it was. Any dog that makes a kid cry while the dog is humping the kid deserves a swift kick, or two or three. How can you equate a dog with a human being? Do you know why dogs hump people? To establish dominance in the pack. The dog thinks he is ranked higher in the pack than this puny little human being. That's why most people can't control their dog, because they haven't established that they, the owner, is the pack leader and not the dog. If you're having trouble controlling your dog, get Cesar Millan's book.

Old 03-31-2023, 02:29 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Yeah, I would have called the police too.

Kicking a dog is no different from kicking a person. You can damage organs and break ribs. Who does that?
Someone who lives under a bridge. If this little story were actually true, someone at that party would have given a certain person a proper ass kicking.

Old 03-31-2023, 03:36 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,677,918 times
Quote:
I would have kicked the dog's owner, but I didn't know who it was. Any dog that makes a kid cry while the dog is humping the kid deserves a swift kick, or two or three. How can you equate a dog with a human being? Do you know why dogs hump people? To establish dominance in the pack. The dog thinks he is ranked higher in the pack than this puny little human being. That's why most people can't control their dog, because they haven't established that they, the owner, is the pack leader and not the dog. If you're having trouble controlling your dog, get Cesar Millan's book.
I am with you. I would also have kicked the dog and anybody that had a problem with me doing it. I have done something similar because most dog owners should not be allowed to own dogs. I have a friend with a little dog that pretty much has bitten everyone. They(owners family) all laugh and think it is funny. I warned them that if the dog bites at me I will 100% kick it. The dog come up and luckily only bit my pants leg and I kicked that mut hard enough that it bounced off the wall. After that the dog still bit at everyone else but never tried it with me again.

To be clear as a life long dog owner I am against anyone beating a dog. I am also against morons that do not control their dogs having a dog.

Old 03-31-2023, 03:49 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Well, isn't this the thread that just keeps on giving.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 03-31-2023 at 04:35 PM..

Old 03-31-2023, 04:30 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,677,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Well, isn't this the thread that keeps on giving.
I know it is awesome how threads evolve. I would love to see everyone that thought it was OK for the dog to hump the little kid get taken down and humped by a mastiff. Then everyone could laugh at them and said oh it is ok don't worry about it he does it all the time.

Old 03-31-2023, 05:42 PM

10,990 posts, read 6,860,952 times
Quote:
So now you're trying to tell us that Cesar Milan kicks dogs. That's what you're implying.

If I had been at that party I would have kicked your ass, because you deserved it. You come on here all macho bragging about how you "saved a child" from a dog humping. You have no idea how that sounds and how it makes you truly look. You think you look like some big manly man. IMO you're a coward and a bully for abusing a dog for doing what dogs do.

I've got news for you, buddy boy (for lack of a far worse term), my female dog humps other dogs occasionally at the dog park. So does my male dog. BFD. Every time I go to the dog park, where children are often present, dogs hump other dogs. You need to get over yourself and your reducing dogs to something that needs to be abused.

Old 04-11-2023, 07:27 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
Your damned right I saved that kid from a dog humping, and I'd do it again! Dogs humping other dogs is not the same as a large dog humping a human being! How would you like to have a dog hump on you? "Oh, he's just doing what dogs do." How can you think that that is OK!? Anyone who allows their dog to hump a kid should be arrested! No, I did not say that Mr. Millan kicks dogs, I said I DO, cause that was the quickest way to get that dog OFF THAT KID!! You think you can take a dog by his collar and gently lead him away or back to his owner? HA! That dog will snap you into next week because he sees himself as the PACK LEADER! I don't say dogs need to be abused, buddy boy, I say they need to BE CONTROLLED, and if the owner can't or won't do it, someone else should!
Again... there's a BIG difference between "controlling a situation," and admittedly kicking a dog as hard as you can multiple times. In the human world that's the difference between self-defense and assault, buddy. You'd be charged with the latter if you continued to punch and kick someone, when you could have controlled them with a headlock. Or even just ONE punch/kick. Also, the whole pack leader theory has been debunked many times over. So you're using bunk "science" to justify your despicable actions. I have a 75lb headstrong husky, a rescue no less, and I've never had to assault or dominate him to manage his behavior. Literally a click of my tongue or snap of my fingers does the trick. But I'm not surprised the dogs don't respect you, based on what you've shared with us here. They have good instinct lol.

Get your emotions under control, and please don't ever get a dog. Or a cat. Or anything that requires using non-human communication to manage.

Last edited by gizmo980; 04-11-2023 at 08:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs