Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2022, 09:24 PM

2,536 posts, read 2,734,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinneyWalker View Post
You are still in total shock. You may be in shock for quite a while. Sassy will give you a sign. I am sure of it. You cannot determine what it will be or what day/time it will happen, but she will give you a sign. Listen for her moving around in the house. I know that sounds crazy, but after my girl passed, I could hear her in the living room whilst I was in my study, wide awake at my desk, during the day. If I walked in there, I saw nothing, but from my study, I could hear her. This went on for about two weeks. I think her spirit stayed close to me for about two weeks before she left. She came back again once in a while in the first few months. She has not been to the house in a long, long time now, but I do not doubt she may come back to me in a dream, or I may hear her bark outside some day. She did come back to me at the park a few times Christmas before last. I could feel her presence as I walked the same trails we walked for years. You may feel Sassy by your side if you walk.

I know it is not much comfort now, but I promise you if you forge ahead and do the very hard work of getting through the pain and grieving, you will come out on the other side. Life will never be quite the same again, but your life and hers were both better because you had one another. You still do. She lives forever in your heart, and I believe she is watching even now. She is out of pain, and she must feel like a puppy again. I know her only concern is that you recover and start to enjoy your life again. Eventually, opening your heart and home to another dog, perhaps one that has been abandoned and had no care or love in its life, will make Sassy so happy. She does not want you to be alone. That is why her spirit is still close by right now even if you cannot pick up on it at the moment.

I had my girl cremated. Did you make plans for cremation or burial? I suggest you light a candle for her and think about all the happy times you shared. THOSE are the things she wants you to think about right now.
This is what I need. I just need a sign or even a dream. I don't feel like I have closure. I never knew this would happen. She was already passing by the time they let me in with her. I just feel so empty.

Yes she is being cremated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2022, 07:53 AM

2,221 posts, read 1,331,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
This is what I need. I just need a sign or even a dream. I don't feel like I have closure. I never knew this would happen. She was already passing by the time they let me in with her. I just feel so empty.

Yes she is being cremated.
I know how you feel. You just have to keep working through the grief and pain. I wish there was a way around it, but there is none. I liken this to a serious illness of the soul and of the heart. As with any serious illness, it takes a long time to recover. If you are fortunate enough to have time and good, reliable transportation, then I encourage you to contact your local SPCA/Humane Society and volunteer to help the animals. Did you know, for example, that they do not have the staff to work with the dogs including just to walk them? They stay in their kennels 24/7 unless they are taken out to meet a potential adopter. They have no play time, no walks, nothing. You would make such a difference in their lives if you could volunteer for a couple of hours a few days per week.

Also, there are many breed rescues groups in most cities. The thing they need most, even more than donations, are foster homes. If you could be a foster for a dog that is waiting to be adopted, it would help the rescue group to pull more dogs from shelters and to take in more dogs found on the streets.

Volunteering at a shelter and/or becoming a foster may not bring you immediate closure over Sassy's passing, but I promise you it will fill up your heart, the animals will fill up your heart. Do it! Let Sassy's passing be a catalyst to easing the pain and suffering of innocent animals who need you more than you could possibly imagine. This is an opportunity to serve, and by serving you not only help those animals in desperate need, you help yourself in the process.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:08 AM

17,352 posts, read 16,492,563 times
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Our fur babies have their own unique personalities and they are as much individuals as humans are. Your Sassy was very much one of a kind and that is what made her so special to you.

It's going to take some time to grieve the loss of Sassy. Her death was sudden and completely unexpected but on the bright side she did not suffer and you were able to be there for her. I hope you can take comfort in knowing how loved and well cared for Sassy was throughout her life.

One day, your heart will be ready to love another dog but it might take some time before that happens.

Old 07-04-2022, 09:29 AM

10,990 posts, read 6,857,477 times
I am so sorry for your loss and your pain and grief. You've received so much blessing on this thread. All of us face this at one point or another in our lives and it is never easy. Blessings and peace to you in your grief journey.

Old 07-04-2022, 10:31 AM

2,733 posts, read 1,545,179 times
Jet, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Sassy. I know how much it hurts, and I remember feeling that the pain will never end.

I still have occasional dreams where I realize that I haven't seen or fed our little sheltie, Tito, in a long time. I wake up in a panic and it takes a while to realize he has been gone for many years. Gosh, how I loved that dog!

I hope you have peace soon.

Old 07-05-2022, 12:29 AM

19,834 posts, read 12,090,217 times
I am so sorry for your loss of Sassy. When my heart dog passed many years ago I was devastated and found support in a wonderful, albeit old school, pet loss group.

https://www.petloss.com

Several years ago I lost another dear dog way too young and I was crying every day for months. One of the things that helped at the time was exploring some videos by Brent Atwater, an animal medium. She has hundreds of short videos covering a wide range of topics - teaching how to see signs from our departed pets, our pets passing when we are not with them, euthanasia, etc. They are surprisingly uplifting and brought me comfort. My favorites are the ones discussing memory moments. If this is something that interests you I would be happy to share my Gabriel's memory moment and the little papillon that followed.

https://m.youtube.com/user/BrentAtwater
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs