Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 08:31 PM

2,221 posts, read 1,338,230 times

Advertisements

I posted somewhere else that I do not advocate likely unworkable owner/pet matches, and I stand by what I said. If someone wants to adopt, I encourage him/her to diligently search shelters and rescue groups first and if practicable, adopt from a shelter or rescue group. That is my summary of my feelings on the matter which I hae already stated. I am not here to argue with anyone or attempt to change anyone's mind. Either your heart is open to what I am saying or not. There is nothing more for me to say on this subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2022, 09:02 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,770,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinneyWalker View Post
I posted somewhere else that I do not advocate likely unworkable owner/pet matches, and I stand by what I said. If someone wants to adopt, I encourage him/her to diligently search shelters and rescue groups first and if practicable, adopt from a shelter or rescue group. That is my summary of my feelings on the matter which I hae already stated. I am not here to argue with anyone or attempt to change anyone's mind. Either your heart is open to what I am saying or not. There is nothing more for me to say on this subject.
You shouldn't have had anything to say about this subject in this thread in the first place. It was off-topic, and posters should be able to say that they got a dog from a breeder without being set upon by the usual self-righteous wagging fingers.

Old 07-06-2022, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You shouldn't have had anything to say about this subject in this thread in the first place. It was off-topic, and posters should be able to say that they got a dog from a breeder without being set upon by the usual self-righteous wagging fingers.
I try to converse in rational terms with people, but some people refuse to be rational. Go find something useful to do, eh? I said what I had to say, and I have nothing more to say to you. You only want to argue. I guess there is no one there in your life to argue with, so you come here to do it.

Old 07-06-2022, 09:26 PM

Quote:
I try to converse in rational terms with people, but some people refuse to be rational. Go find something useful to do, eh? I said what I had to say, and I have nothing more to say to you. You only want to argue. I guess there is no one there in your life to argue with, so you come here to do it.
My word. Now you're resorting to personal attacks. I notice you started in on the OP in your first post in this thread. You probably need a nap.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 07-06-2022 at 10:00 PM..

Old 07-06-2022, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
My word. Now you're resorting to personal attacks. What an odd post; you probably need a nap.
Why will you not let this drop? You said what you had to say. I said what I had to say. We obviously disagree. Why do you want to keep arguing? I am not trying to be unkind to you. I have not made any "personal attack" on you. You obviously just want to keep arguing, and I do not want to belabour the point with you any longer. I am sorry you do not seem to comprehend this simple fact. I am not here to force you to change your mind. I would not waste my time doing that. There is no reason to keep going on and on and calling someone "self-righteous" and a "finger wagger," etc. Talk about personal attacks!

I have tried to be polite and let us each have our own point of view. Please, just accept that people have their own points of view that may not always agree with your point of view. That is a basic concept in life that most people accept pretty early on in life. I am sorry to say it, but you are a very argumentative and unpleasant person, and I have nothing more for you.

Old 07-06-2022, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Why will you not let this drop? You said what you had to say. I said what I had to say. We obviously disagree. Why do you want to keep arguing? I am not trying to be unkind to you. I have not made any "personal attack" on you. You obviously just want to keep arguing, and I do not want to belabour the point with you any longer. I am sorry you do not seem to comprehend this simple fact. I am not here to force you to change your mind. I would not waste my time doing that. There is no reason to keep going on and on and calling someone "self-righteous" and a "finger wagger," etc. Talk about personal attacks!

I have tried to be polite and let us each have our own point of view. Please, just accept that people have their own points of view that may not always agree with your point of view. That is a basic concept in life that most people accept pretty early on in life. I am sorry to say it, but you are a very argumentative and unpleasant person, and I have nothing more for you.
I'm not arguing, just observing, and you don't get to decide whether I respond to you or not. I really don't care what your "view" is, and personally, I rather think going the rescue/shelter route is more good than bad; just pointing out that it's not always viable and that you don't have to bring an off-topic, wagging finger into every discussion. The OP was only asking for advice about a dog that reacts badly to fireworks.

You keep saying you have nothing for me, and believe me, I'm more than good with that. But you keep answering.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 07-06-2022 at 10:37 PM..

Old 12-25-2023, 04:49 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,521,872 times
Last week, I placed a thread here about someone abusing a dog. I cannot find it............please help me. Thank you. Sasie 123

Old 12-25-2023, 04:50 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,521,872 times
I just did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs