Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do dogs - all animals, really - have souls and go to "heaven?"
Yes 35 83.33%
No 5 11.90%
Not Sure 2 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 06:43 PM

11,067 posts, read 6,887,781 times

Advertisements

I have been thinking about this question for a while now. My personal belief is that yes, dogs have a soul. I belive all sentient beings have a soul, i.e. elephants, even an octopus as I've seen on YouTube recently, which returned to thank a diver who helped save it.

I've had many cats and dogs, a few birds, a snake, a bearded dragon (you can tell I have a son lol), hamsters, guinea pigs, in short I am an intense animal lover.

Now certain religions try to say that animals don't have a soul. I just don't believe this and I don't think God believes it either

I believe that all dogs to go heaven - maybe their own heaven - but they do go. I also believe I will see my animals after we all pass.

What do you think? What do you believe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 07:10 PM

2,221 posts, read 1,334,564 times
Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a-tIZq6BOU&t=8s

Old 06-28-2022, 07:42 PM

Very nice video. I've talked to people who've had experiences like that. I've had dreams of my animals who have passed on, but not waking experiences.

Old 06-28-2022, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Very nice video. I've talked to people who've had experiences like that. I've had dreams of my animals who have passed on, but not waking experiences.
The love of my life passed 7 years ago this August. For two weeks after she passed, I could hear her in the living room whilst I was at my desk in my study. I was wide awake at my desk, so there was no chance I was dreaming. A friend told me he has had the exact same experience after his dogs passed over the years.

One night, crying awake in bed, I saw her put her head around the corner of the door and then leave before I had a chance to react. I heard her bark in the yard one afternoon. I could identify her bark out of a pack of barking dogs, and there are no other large dogs around here, so I was sure it was her "talking" to me. I dreamt of her a couple of times, too. Sometimes walking at the park in the evenings, I can feel her beside me, but it does not happen very often, so if it does happen, I am very grateful.

Were all of these experiences just my imagination? Who knows.... I like to think not, though.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:06 PM

I think not as well. I had a beautiful white cat with green eyes. He was a wonderful animal. One Thanksgiving weekend my family left for 4 days. During that time, he disappeared. It was heartbreaking. I knew that he liked to visit the nearby elementary schoolyard where children played (back when schoolyards weren't locked up tight). He loved children. Finally I consulted a friend who was very intuitive, not psychic. Her impression was that he was stolen. I began talking to him in my mind, asking him where he was. He answered that he couldn't tell me because he didn't know but he wanted me to come and get him. I told him that I was very sorry and heartbroken but there was no way I could get to him, and I said goodbye. He did not contact me after that. I've had several vivid dreams of him. If he were still alive he would be 40 years old! Anyway, I hope I see him on the other side, along with all the other animals I've loved, including those of family and friends.

I would love to hear other peoples' stories about their beloved animals.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:12 PM

I hope you see him someday again, too.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:06 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,080 times
Very nice video about Joni. Some people are more tuned in to the psychic and it’s nice they were able to make contact with Joni.

I’ve lost cats and dogs but haven’t had that type of experience, although I lost a kitten adopted from a shelter years ago. I felt bad that he was sick and we didn’t know about the FIV. Shortly after his death, I was in the laundry room and felt a brush against my legs. I looked down expecting to see one of the cats, but the room was empty. I like to think it was the deceased kitten Buster, stopping in to say goodby.

A lady I worked with in rescue, said that one night, she and her husband heard their dog walking down the hall towards their bedroom shortly after he died. She said they both heard his tags jingle. I’m sure that many pets come back to say goodbye to their humans.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Very nice video about Joni. Some people are more tuned in to the psychic and it’s nice they were able to make contact with Joni.

I’ve lost cats and dogs but haven’t had that type of experience, although I lost a kitten adopted from a shelter years ago. I felt bad that he was sick and we didn’t know about the FIV. Shortly after his death, I was in the laundry room and felt a brush against my legs. I looked down expecting to see one of the cats, but the room was empty. I like to think it was the deceased kitten Buster, stopping in to say goodby.

A lady I worked with in rescue, said that one night, she and her husband heard their dog walking down the hall towards their bedroom shortly after he died. She said they both heard his tags jingle. I’m sure that many pets come back to say goodbye to their humans.
I have a friend in Greece who is a veterinarian. She described the same experience to me. She said her cat always seemed to visit her whilst she was washing up the dishes. She said the cat rubbed against her legs as she stood at the sink, and she knew beyond a doubt which cat it was because the cat always did this whilst still alive. She said it happened too many times for it to be her imagination.

One of my dearest hopes is that if there is an afterlife I will see my animals again. I wish I could dream of them often, but I do not dream often about anything. One night many months after my girl passed, I had the most vivid dream of her. I touched and held her in my arms. She was warm and happy and very much alive and well. I was so happy. I cannot describe what happiness I felt to have her with me again. Alas, the dream did not last long, and I awoke alone. I try to will her to come to me as I walk in the evenings at the park as we spent so many happy hours there together over the years, but that does not seem to work. I think if there are spirits out there, they come to you in their own time and for their own reasons. Perhaps they come to you in times of grief and sorrow. Perhaps they come to you to bring you comfort and hope. Perhaps they come to you to warn you about something. My rational side says this is all in my imagination, but who knows? Who really KNOWS? No one....

Old 06-28-2022, 10:26 PM

44 posts, read 21,203 times
I am pretty old so I will pass to the other side in the not to distant future. When do I will run over to the Rainbow Bridge and ask one of my dogs if they have a soul.

Last edited by Matureguy; 06-28-2022 at 10:56 PM..

Old 06-28-2022, 10:55 PM
Status: "See My Blog Entries for my Top 500 Most Important USA Cities" (set 10 days ago)

1,051 posts, read 978,865 times
Whoever voted No - you have no soul either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs