Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do dogs - all animals, really - have souls and go to "heaven?"
Yes 35 83.33%
No 5 11.90%
Not Sure 2 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2022, 12:13 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,912,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Do you really want to know or are you just chit-chatting? Because no one who hasn't died really knows and no one who has died has yet come back to tell us all what happens next.

I can tell you what I believe. When you die, you get the heaven that your religion believes in. If you are Navajo, you go the The Dance Hall of the Dead. If you are practicing a Nordic religion, you go to Valhalla (if you are worthy). If you are Fae, you go to The Never Never. If you are a Christian you go to the Christian heaven.

Your dogs probably get to choose whether to go to your heaven with you or to go to their heaven. Dogs being dogs, they most likely choose to go and wait for you.
Asking for beliefs. Not chit-chatting. I believe the way you do. Everyone has their own reality and they carry that with them to the beyond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2022, 02:39 PM

3,076 posts, read 8,426,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Do you really want to know or are you just chit-chatting? Because no one who hasn't died really knows and no one who has died has yet come back to tell us all what happens next.

I can tell you what I believe. When you die, you get the heaven that your religion believes in. If you are Navajo, you go the The Dance Hall of the Dead. If you are practicing a Nordic religion, you go to Valhalla (if you are worthy). If you are Fae, you go to The Never Never. If you are a Christian you go to the Christian heaven.

Your dogs probably get to choose whether to go to your heaven with you or to go to their heaven. Dogs being dogs, they most likely choose to go and wait for you.

Yep, they'll be waiting for them Big Ole Biscuits when I show up!

Old 07-05-2022, 09:44 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
What's a soul?
That's a hard question for me to answer.

I know dogs grieve for their dead owners, just as people grieve for their dead dogs. I've seen other animals give for their lost humans too, including a duck, several horses and a longhorn steer.

I've seen animals form their own friendships with creatures of other species that are as deep as those they form with humans.
We once had a mean-tempered stallion whose best friend was a barn cat. The cat was as mean as the horse, but they were very kind and gentle to each other. When the cat died, the stallion grieved and wouldn't eat until I finally put the dead cat's body in his stall.
The stallion gave up the grief only after the cat was very obviously dead, and he never made friends with any other barn cat afterward.

I honestly don't know if any of that is a sign of a soul or not. I probably won't get the answer until I'm in the after-life.

Old 07-06-2022, 11:42 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
What's a soul?
That's a hard question for me to answer.

I know dogs grieve for their dead owners, just as people grieve for their dead dogs. I've seen other animals give for their lost humans too, including a duck, several horses and a longhorn steer.

I've seen animals form their own friendships with creatures of other species that are as deep as those they form with humans.
We once had a mean-tempered stallion whose best friend was a barn cat. The cat was as mean as the horse, but they were very kind and gentle to each other. When the cat died, the stallion grieved and wouldn't eat until I finally put the dead cat's body in his stall.
The stallion gave up the grief only after the cat was very obviously dead, and he never made friends with any other barn cat afterward.

I honestly don't know if any of that is a sign of a soul or not. I probably won't get the answer until I'm in the after-life.
I have to add a late P.S. to this post.

My idea of heaven includes my most favorite dogs in it. I've owned many dogs; more than I can accurately remember, and I never liked them all equally.

Life on a ranch puts demands on my dogs- they can all be good pets, but the best are the best workers too.

There are only a few truly special dogs for me, and they're the ones I want to see in my heaven. They were always the best pets and the best workers. And the best and the most understanding companions.

When things got seriously rough, I could always count on those dogs. And when things were rough for them, they could always count on me. And in good times, those few always made the good times the best times.

In my heaven, they wouldn't be the only animals. There's a special horse, two special cats, and several completely wild critters who I hope will be there to greet me. In my heaven, the sky would always have lots of birds too.

Old 07-17-2022, 12:48 PM

1,348 posts, read 708,711 times
dogs have souls too many humans do not

Old 07-17-2022, 02:14 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,766,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I have been thinking about this question for a while now. My personal belief is that yes, dogs have a soul. I belive all sentient beings have a soul, i.e. elephants, even an octopus as I've seen on YouTube recently, which returned to thank a diver who helped save it.

I've had many cats and dogs, a few birds, a snake, a bearded dragon (you can tell I have a son lol), hamsters, guinea pigs, in short I am an intense animal lover.

Now certain religions try to say that animals don't have a soul. I just don't believe this and I don't think God believes it either

I believe that all dogs to go heaven - maybe their own heaven - but they do go. I also believe I will see my animals after we all pass.

What do you think? What do you believe?
In Revelation, I forget what chapter...somewhere between 14 and 17, I think...

It says (totally paraphrasing here) that some ..thing...forget what it was...takes...some thing...again, forget what it was, and turns the seas into like that of the blood of man. Doesn't mean it IS the blood of man, it's 'like' the blood of man. Then it says that all souls IN the sea would die. Well, humans do not live IN the sea. It did not say 'ON' the sea, it said 'IN' the sea. So, that would have to mean animals.

Old 07-17-2022, 03:47 PM

2,872 posts, read 1,152,696 times
I believe all animals do.

Old 07-19-2022, 07:04 AM

901 posts, read 688,316 times
I had a reading with a medium because I wanted to talk to my father, and at the end, she identified my dog (by how she looked and acted) and said the dog wanted to talk to me and had a message for me.

It was probably the most amazing part of the reading, as she had specific things she wanted to say, and we usually don't get to talk to our animals like that.

So obviously, as she was in heaven and wanted to communicate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs