Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2018, 05:25 PM

3 posts, read 1,536 times

Advertisements

Sorry I posted this question earlier but couldn't figure out how to edit or delete the title of my thread since no in retrospect thought it might be better to post my direct question in the thread title in case it grabs anyone's attention whose dealt with this seemingly awful bacteria. So my apologies in double question Hi everyone!
New here but in the past have received a lot of valuable information from forums. My dog, Jack is 16 and has a pretty bad infection in his mouth, no doubt from severe periodontal disease. We do not want to put him under for normal dentistry removal of teeth as we have done in the past as he is too old and has seizures etc. recently we found out that the bacteria infection in his mouth is, pseudomonas aeruginosa which is rather a super bug and hard to treat.
I am wondering if anyone has any experience treating their dog for this, which meds you used and in an incredible world if any homeopathic remedies were found?
Jack does not take well to antibiotics so I must weigh if the side effects (seizures etc) are worth trying to fight off this super bug or if it's really just so hard to fight perhaps letting him just be comfortable until the end is best.
Any inisigbt or experience anyone has with this bacteria infection in their dog would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much in advance!
Shells and Jack (woof
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs