Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 04:20 PM

37,099 posts, read 41,226,282 times

Advertisements

UPS Dogs on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/upsdogs/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 07:01 PM

4,536 posts, read 3,752,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Oh my gosh, they love their customers dogs!

Old 12-03-2018, 08:41 AM

13,707 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLucid;53769900[B
]I really wonder sometimes about animals’ abilities to “pick a partner”. It seems like such a deliberate act so many times. I wonder what it is they might sense at that time, withmthat person. [/b]

A neighbor of ours noticed a stray cat around her house and started leaving food out for it. She had been doing this for over a month and, though the cat came to tolerate her presence while it was eating, it never let her approach or touch it. One day, after learning her mother had been hospitalized, she was sitting on her front porch crying. She said the cat walked right up to her and climbed onto her lap and curled up; they have been best buddies since then.
I think there really is something to it. My Mom talks about going to a shelter to meet a dog she saw online. The dog came in and started bouncing off the wall, and while a nice dog, not what she was looking for...Mom said, "She's a good dog for someone, but not us." She walked out and saw her current dog, sitting quiet in his kennel looking at her and thumping his tail. She took him home. As she was checking out, she saw the first dog on a leash with a family being chased around the yard by its "new" brothers and sisters, playing "tag" or whatever, and the Dad was behind her checking out with that dog.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:47 PM

454 posts, read 495,262 times
I completely believe in the animal picking you. I went to a dog adoption event just to check out the group my mom volunteered with and there was this little Staffy with the most ridiculous ears there. I went over to him and he immediately came over to me and sat in my lap giving me kisses. I started to walk away to play with some of the other dogs and another couple went over to him. He completely snubbed them! He actually showed them his butt and had nothing to do with them. I felt bad for them but he won me over. I had no plans on adopting but he decided he was coming home with me. That was 2013. He's one of the best dogs I've ever had. Such a loving clown. I also ended up volunteering with the group myself back then and do to this day. So he knew what he was doing hahaha

Old 12-04-2018, 09:10 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Nice story, thanks for sharing.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-05-2018, 10:16 AM

838 posts, read 554,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Thanks for the eye candy! The dogs were adorable, too.

Old 12-05-2018, 01:39 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,186,339 times
We got a new UPS guy when Jim retired. The new guy carries a box of dog treats in the truck. The Crew approves.

Last edited by Gatopescado; 12-05-2018 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: Retired, not quit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs