Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 02:22 AM

19,897 posts, read 12,182,149 times

Advertisements

So stinkin' cute! Thanks for sharing all the pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 03:42 PM

19,903 posts, read 22,830,404 times
Here's her papa!
Attached Thumbnails
Looks like I'll be training a little bird dog soon!!-tucker.jpg  

Old 06-19-2017, 05:00 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,131,505 times
Your dogs are beautiful and your new pup adorable. Y'all are living the good life up there in Montana. It's gorgeous.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:02 PM

48,590 posts, read 35,062,280 times
Those are some happy pups!!

It's good to see this. My stepfather bought a couple GSDs and they were horrible dogs... but as I suspected... that was on him. You can lock them in a run and ignore them 350 days a year.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-20-2017, 12:40 PM

Yeah that's too bad. When the day comes that I can't be active with these dogs, well I hope that's the day I die. I like to keep them active and engaged in training and hunting. Pretty fun breed- I have a blast with them.

It's amazing how much they cooperate even on a walk off lead. When I'm hiking they typically range out 50-100 yards but always within line of sight to me. If they get out of sight, they check back in to me (I'll hold my hand down and palms out and they nose touch my hand) and then off they go again. My male ranges farther than my female, and he's a little more of a handful but fun none the less.

I tell people handling Schnitzel is like driving a Ferrari. You better know what your're doing, and he has two speeds- stopped and flat out. You have to keep up. Hunting with him is either going to be a GREAT day, or a HORRIBLE day. He's just like that. My female Dutch? She's my Honda, lol. Dependable, easy to drive and get's the job done. It's kinda fun to have that difference..

That was the last day of upland season last winter. The dogs wanted to go (of course), the wife was a little apprehensive. It was a COLD day..

Fun pups, and when they go home- total lap dogs.

Old 07-04-2017, 07:58 PM

Well first day home! We went on a 4 day mini-vacation then picked up Pearl.. She is SPUNKY!!

So far so good!

Old 07-08-2017, 01:07 PM

Going well.

She is about 50% housebroken, is very independent, and has a strong nose.

We're going to work on her scenting to bring her nose 'alive'. The other two GSP's are very fond and kind of her. No aggression, just mindful swats when the pup gets too rowdy. Good mix.

I might post details about our training regimen for folks to see. Don't know yet. I doubt a whole lot of folks here are interested in how a bird dog is developed.

Old 07-08-2017, 01:32 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,099,952 times
What a cute little girl! I have had GSP's all my life and they are one of my favorite breeds. Right now I have 1 girl and she is 17yo. She still runs and plays and jumps on the bed so she is doing just fine. She has a 6yo Weim and a 2 yo Dobie for companions. And of course, us!

Old 07-08-2017, 02:02 PM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,649,970 times
I always enjoy looking at pictures of your dogs, they are all super cute, and live such a different life from mine. So yes, please keep posting updates on the little one.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:06 PM

122 posts, read 125,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post

I might post details about our training regimen for folks to see. Don't know yet. I doubt a whole lot of folks here are interested in how a bird dog is developed.
Please do! I would LOVE to see how a bird dog is developed.

Although my 1.5 year old Standard Poodle was busy finishing his breed championship and is in competitive Obedience training now, I’m interested in field events and want to have his field aptitude evaluated.

I’m going down to Champaign/Urbana in a couple of weeks to an Agility Trial (my older girl is running) and bringing him along to meet with a couple of people who will be there to discuss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs