Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 03:33 PM

692 posts, read 3,855,548 times

Advertisements

Well yesterday was I think the busiest day for us the whole year. We had the City, Oak Hill and of course ADB dogs. It was also bail Santa out of jail so it was crazy.

The lab Weimaraner puppies are getting big. They'll be 9 weeks old this upcoming Tuesday.

Our little man is getting so big and it's hard not to adopt him!!

Miss Shelby got an application and they look like a great family..Spending a little time with her soon to be family; sleepy baby.

Along with the two litters we had last week; we had a new litter of five. (three black, two brown) and only six weeks old..not yet available for adoption.

With the terrier litter from last week

We had wonderful dogs from the city and some who loved the camera...
A sweet 10 month olf Shih Tzu x Terrier with a bob tail.

This girl knows commands and is ready to please.

And this girl is a wild child! She needs a ton of exercise.

This little guy is shy, but affectionate and has the sadest expression on his face..

And Chilly enjoyed meeting all of the people and running with the puppies!!

I hope you enjoyed all of the pictures!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 03:39 PM

273 posts, read 1,338,659 times
whats wrong with chilly? Is that a doggy wheelchair he/she is using? What kind of mix is the black/brown shepherd (the one that knows commands already) Those weim/lab mixes are freakin so cute Thank god you are out in texas, otherwise I dont think I'd be able to control myself!! Cant do it at the apt, and dont move out until May, but oh my goodness I want one!

Old 12-09-2007, 03:42 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,643,800 times
Thanks for the sweet pictures. I hope the puppies all find warm nurturing homes.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:52 PM

Some one tried to kill Chilly when she was just a puppy. They slammed her against the concrete and while her back legs work they don't bend.

She's not in it all the time so you can see where some of her hair has rubbed off. She also incontinent, but is a doll. You just have to watch your toes because she will roll over them lol

The black and tan puppies mother is only about the size of a Cocker spaniel (but isn't that breed) and not having seen the father it's hard to guess. They're not first generation mutts though so we tell people they're heinz 57 dogs.. We'll just ahve to wait and see when they get bigger what they really are. It's hard to tell when they're so young. They're olny six weeks old so they're going to change a lot.

When I brought hom my Buster Brown he looked like a rottie mix and now looks like a lab/Doberman soo.. It's one of the things you just have to wait out.

And I understand about te Weim/lam mixes! If I didn't already have four dogs we'd have that little pig eared baby. Here is a picture of one of the male black pups.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:15 PM

those pictures of chilly brought tears to my eyes..I hope she can still live a decent life. I think someone should try to kill the person that did that but fail leaving them incontinent and paralyzed. Fu*k what a pathetic person to do that. That face is so precious. At least in that picture looking away from the camera she looks like shes happy and smiling. I'm very angry inside right now

Old 12-09-2007, 04:21 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,073 times
What happened to the someone who tried to kill Chilly? Did the killer get caught? Lucky for Chilly, she found you. Thank you for the good work.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedSOUL83 View Post
those pictures of chilly brought tears to my eyes..I hope she can still live a decent life. I think someone should try to kill the person that did that but fail leaving them incontinent and paralyzed. Fu*k what a pathetic person to do that. That face is so precious. At least in that picture looking away from the camera she looks like shes happy and smiling. I'm very angry inside right now
I'm sorry; I didn't go into detail to upset you.

Believe me she lives a happy life, with food, water, toys, tons of dogs and land to chase her mates. She has ten acres to run on and she can pass everyone in her path.

She's been living like this since she was a pup. She is years old now and has gotten used to this life. The fact that she is able to live a happy life and wasn't put to sleep is the bigger picture. She lives a life where everyone weighs on her hand and foot. She's a great dog!

Old 12-09-2007, 04:36 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,275,237 times
I can't take a puppy but those lab/weirmaries are some of the most gorgeous puppies I've seen.
What's the temperment? ...labs are goofy and weirmaries(well I don't now a ton about them, except they are gorgeous). I heard they are very active and need alot of excercise.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:37 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,398,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedSOUL83 View Post
These dogs can live a very full life. Unlike people, they do not dwell on the past or think of themselves as victims. My own dog is crippled. I never notice, but people always feel they have to point it out to me. Me and my dog don't think about it. We just live our lives.

I like Chili.

greenie

Old 12-09-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
These dogs can live a very full life. Unlike people, they do not dwell on the past or think of themselves as victims. My own dog is crippled. I never notice, but people always feel they have to point it out to me. Me and my dog don't think about it. We just live our lives.

I like Chili.

greenie

Its funny how true that is. I mean I'm such a dweller, and I bet if Sadie got injured like that it would only bum her out for a few days before she just learned to live with it, and i would probably dwell on it and be sad forever. Teddie dont worry its not your fault that I got upset lol no biggy. Its just a huge flaw of mine to cope with disabilities without being sad. Even with humans, I know the disabled dont want pity or sadness, but I always find myself getting sad, and also being selfish thinking to myself what I would do if I were in the same situation. My ex gf's German Shepherd went blind at an early age, and it was hard for me to be around her and not be sad, even though she was probably happy like you said just to be waited on hand and foot everyday. And I'm probably going to find myself looking at the closeups of the black and the brown weim everyday before work to try and put myself in a good mood before 9 hours of boringness haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs