Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 04:49 PM

692 posts, read 3,856,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
I can't take a puppy but those lab/weirmaries are some of the most gorgeous puppies I've seen.
What's the temperment? ...labs are goofy and weirmaries(well I don't now a ton about them, except they are gorgeous). I heard they are very active and need alot of excercise.
They are only turning 9 weeks old so they are sleeping a lot. They all have their own personalities, but they are all big babies. Shelby was bottle fed and had to be with a human 24/7.. She was the runt. But they are around so many humans, kids, dogs, cats they are growing up in such a great environment. They're very social. Both Labs and Weimaraners are/most easy to train. They are great dogs! But remember like any puppy they are going to sleep a ton right now. It's more of a run, sleep, poop, ear, sleep, sleep, snuggle, sleep..etc etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
These dogs can live a very full life. Unlike people, they do not dwell on the past or think of themselves as victims. My own dog is crippled. I never notice, but people always feel they have to point it out to me. Me and my dog don't think about it. We just live our lives.
I like Chili.
greenie
That's a perfect post! They really don't care, they're just ready for the next step no matter what it is.

Do you mind me asking how your dog is cripple? Is (s)he in a chair?

I will say I was surprised to see her, but to me like any dog they're great. No matter size, age, blind, deaf, in a chair or with three legs.

jadedSOUL83c - In my eyes and having seen a lot worse she is living such a great life. Even though she's in a chair there are a lof things she can do that the other dogs around her can't. We do get a lot of "eww what happened to her?" not that does **** me off.

I see a lof dogs in worse shape like an inbeded collar, brocken arms/legs, dogs that are in real pain.

But I do see how you can get upset. A lot of times I get more angry/pissed off/ where are those people more than sad/and feel bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 04:21 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,278,550 times
Okay, I can smell the puppy breath from here and I LOVE it! My passion is seniors, but I still love a good whiff of a puppy!

As for disabilities, you all know we have a blind Rottweiler. He had congenital glaucoma and when we got him at about 10 months old he was having the equivalent of migraine headaches...but such a sweet boy. We had to have his eyes removed - he's the product of poor breeding. He was a stray and I have to wonder what happened to his siblings...but Holt is about the happiest boy you can imagine and has absolutely no clue he's different than any other dog.

Chili is...you are right...just another dog in his eyes. Hopefully he will find that home that he needs forever. It takes a little extra effort to have a dog that is special, but it is so rewarding. I'd do it all over again if I could (but with 7 dogs already the neighbors probably wouldn't be overly thrilled. I am sure our vet would be all in favor of it, since we are putting his children through college on an ongoing basis!)

Old 12-10-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Okay, I can smell the puppy breath from here and I LOVE it! My passion is seniors, but I still love a good whiff of a puppy!

As for disabilities, you all know we have a blind Rottweiler. He had congenital glaucoma and when we got him at about 10 months old he was having the equivalent of migraine headaches...but such a sweet boy. We had to have his eyes removed - he's the product of poor breeding. He was a stray and I have to wonder what happened to his siblings...but Holt is about the happiest boy you can imagine and has absolutely no clue he's different than any other dog.

I remember reading about Holt!

Chili is...you are right...just another dog in his eyes. Hopefully he will find that home that he needs forever. It takes a little extra effort to have a dog that is special, but it is so rewarding. I'd do it all over again if I could (but with 7 dogs already the neighbors probably wouldn't be overly thrilled. I am sure our vet would be all in favor of it, since we are putting his children through college on an ongoing basis!)
Well the good thing is she has already been placed. Her fosters ended up adopting her because they knew she would be forever cared for and never dumped again. She comes to support us some weekends. It's good for her to get out and see new people and new dogs too.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddieXRuxpin View Post
Well the good thing is she has already been placed. Her fosters ended up adopting her because they knew she would be forever cared for and never dumped again. She comes to support us some weekends. It's good for her to get out and see new people and new dogs too.

FABULOUS! I always love to read a good success story! I've failed fostering so many times I don't count anymore...but good for the fosters who adopted Chili~!

Old 12-10-2007, 01:46 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,723,191 times
Don't mean to horn in on your rescue page, but I wanted to add that here in S. Texas a greyhound race track just closed and there are approximately 100 greyhounds available for adoption. If anyone is interested, DM me and I will find the contact information.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
FABULOUS! I always love to read a good success story! I've failed fostering so many times I don't count anymore...but good for the fosters who adopted Chili~!
Teddie is where I failed.. lol I fostered four other times before Teddie came along. Some how I think fosters at one point or another end up adopting. Everyone who is a bigger pat of my rescue has adopted at least one of their fosters.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:49 AM
cde

2 posts, read 4,177 times
new to this site...
where are you located. I am looking to rescue a very small puppy.
THank you

Old 12-11-2007, 09:51 AM

MODERATOR: And at this point I'd ask that cde and Teddy go to direct messaging...okey-dokey? Can't do anything that looks like solicitation or match making on CD! Thanks, ya'll!

Old 12-11-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
MODERATOR: And at this point I'd ask that cde and Teddy go to direct messaging...okey-dokey? Can't do anything that looks like solicitation or match making on CD! Thanks, ya'll!
Oh no problem I PMed her.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:51 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,559,911 times
Great pics Teddie! Thanks for sharing and keeping us posted on how they are doing. Wow, how they have grown since the last set of pics! I fell inlove with Chilly's face right away! the wheel chair was a bonus to see, what a blessing of a dog! When I say bonus, I mean here's a great example for us to see what dogs are capable of in terms of overcoming their obstacles! Keep the updates coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs