Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 05:34 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
One of my favorite pictures recently.
Absolutely one of the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 07:56 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
what a beautiful picture..........

Old 01-15-2010, 03:59 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,823,233 times

Old 01-15-2010, 07:47 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,312,898 times
5 minutes of brushing on Bandit's right side, right back leg, and a little off his neck:

And he's not even in his moult yet! That'll probably hit in March or so. But he was looking a little tufty along his back legs and neck, so I had at him for a few minutes. And this was the yield.

(I'm saving his fur so I can have it spun into yarn and ultimately woven into a scarf. He's 8, and hopefully I'll still have several more years with him, but I thought a scarf of his fur would be a nice keepsake. So this crop will go into the box with the rest of it.)

Old 01-15-2010, 08:21 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
5 minutes of brushing on Bandit's right side, right back leg, and a little off his neck:

And he's not even in his moult yet! That'll probably hit in March or so. But he was looking a little tufty along his back legs and neck, so I had at him for a few minutes. And this was the yield.

(I'm saving his fur so I can have it spun into yarn and ultimately woven into a scarf. He's 8, and hopefully I'll still have several more years with him, but I thought a scarf of his fur would be a nice keepsake. So this crop will go into the box with the rest of it.)

OH MY GOD....I thought Bella shed a lot....that's insane! lol

Old 01-15-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
OH MY GOD....I thought Bella shed a lot....that's insane! lol
There's no getting around the shedding issue with a Siberian. It's crazy! Except that honestly, it's really bad only two or three times a year, depending on the dog and the environment, etc. Their shedding season can last for 3 or 4 weeks and they lose their hair in big clumps. During tht time, it's everywhere...floating in the air...in your bed...in your food. But if they're not in moult, the shedding is not too bad. It's just that when it's bad, it's REALLY bad.

(On the other hand, I'll gladly take the excessive shedding since the payoff is that Sibes are generally odorless, with fur that is non-oily and doesn't hold dirt, and because of that, you only have to bathe them once or twice a year...at MOST. Before I became Bandit's mom, my family had a lab: dirty, smelly dog who shed like a beast and had to be bathed once a month at least.)

Old 01-15-2010, 08:45 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,539,604 times
Quote:
There's no getting around the shedding issue with a Siberian. It's crazy! Except that honestly, it's really bad only two or three times a year, depending on the dog and the environment, etc. Their shedding season can last for 3 or 4 weeks and they lose their hair in big clumps. During tht time, it's everywhere...floating in the air...in your bed...in your food. But if they're not in moult, the shedding is not too bad. It's just that when it's bad, it's REALLY bad.

(On the other hand, I'll gladly take the excessive shedding since the payoff is that Sibes are generally odorless, with fur that is non-oily and doesn't hold dirt, and because of that, you only have to bathe them once or twice a year...at MOST. Before I became Bandit's mom, my family had a lab: dirty, smelly dog who shed like a beast and had to be bathed once a month at least.)
Yea, Bella is a lab mix, and I think there is enough hair under my bed to make a wig, if not more. Luckily my apartment now is all tile, even in the bedroom, so I just take a vacuum to it once a week or so and it goes away. Bathing her is a chore as she is 50lbs and I cannot lift her into the tub myself without problems and my boyfriend lives out of state right now.

I also have a pug mix who sheds like nobody's business, but his hair usually just sticks to my clothes or the couches.

Both of their hair end up in my food and all over my dishes though. That's lovely! lol

Old 01-15-2010, 08:51 PM

For Christmas a couple years ago, a friend gave me a hand-crafted bowl that says, "Everything tastes better with dog hair in it." Ha!

Old 01-15-2010, 08:52 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:

Wow. What an absolutely beautiful dog.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:45 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Wow. What an absolutely beautiful dog.
yes he absolutely is.....

and man oh man ..... i thought bailey shed a lot with her double coat..... hers comes out in tufts and clumps in the spring too..... but you and bandit definitely win that prize.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs